Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mayhem Miller arrested again after alleged tussle with two women

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:5,547-2,968
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller is facing yet more legal trouble. This time the former UFC fighter was detained due to an incident at a sports bar in Costa Mesa, California late on Saturday night.

n what is becoming a sad and concerning trend, former UFC fighter Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller was arrested this weekend after he was allegedly involved in an altercation with two women. The incident occurred at 2.a.m on Sunday at Saddle Ranch Chop House in Costa Mesa, California.

According to Chris Haire of The Orange County Registrar Miller was observed arguing with two women inside the establishment. The OC Registrar stated that one of the women slapped Miller and in response, the veteran of over thirty professional mixed-martial-arts fights grabbed the woman and attempted to punch her. At this point, the establishment’s security personnel were able to intervene. Miller was then taken down to the ground and hhandcuffed.

Link

Post #1   7/11/16 11:03:38PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,547-1,677
Chips:
How is this idiot not behind bars???

The guy is making a mockery of whst little bit of a career he had and putting a bad name out there for the sport....

Like i truly believe he has mental problems the guy just cannot hold his life together.Average guy with his amount of offenses would be doing a pretty decent term.

Post #2   7/11/16 11:20:51PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,322-3,474
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I have tussled with two women before.....in bed

Post #3   7/11/16 11:37:25PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,376-2,966
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Ah ha! Bake him away, toys!

Post #4   7/12/16 12:11:18AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,757-1,800
Camp: Alpha Mafia
Chips:
Hindsight's gonna be 20/20 when he does something life altering to someone

Post #5   7/12/16 12:14:04AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:3,098-1,799
Chips:

Post #6   7/12/16 1:37:29AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:4,210-3,089
Chips:
A few things.

Mayhem is going to end up in prison or in a psych ward. The psych ward is where he belongs. I am surprised that he hasn't been put away yet.

I hope the woman catches a charge for slapping him. In NY she could have been charged with a 2nd degree aggravated harassment for the slap. There is no reason for anyone to put their hands on anyone else other than in self defense. All too often women are given a free pass to put their hands on men.

Handcuffed by the security guard??? That wouldn't fly here in NY unless the guard in question was also a police officer. In NY all non police officers...meaning security guards, PIs and normal civilians can only perform citizens arrests in felony cases in which they were present to observe. Apparently CA is different.

Nobody ever talks about the mammoth role alcohol plays in almost every bad situation or incident involving MMA fighters. How many incidents have taken place at a bar or club? Most of them. Ryan Jimmo is the most tragic example of many.

Post #7   7/12/16 1:58:46AM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,759-1,773
Chips:
Am I the only one who wants a CT scan done on Mayhem? Like I want a full in depth examination of his brain done and a doctor ther to explain to me exactly what he's looking at. Unfortunately I don't recall the psychology program I majored in covering much with the actual brain and damage and all that stuff. I imagine too medical for basic psychology. Probably have to pursue to a masters or phd to get that in-depth. On the surface though, I think he may actually be a guy with CTE, which as I understand it, can currently only actually be diagnosed after death. Still, I'd assume that like the case of Big Daddy Gary Goodridge, they could find brain damage with a scan and diagnose him with something like Goodridge's pugilistic dementia diagnosis. The symptoms I found a quick search for CTE are as copy and pasted directly from the concussion foundation website: "Possible symptoms include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, paranoia, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, and eventually progressive dementia."

I think you could find individual examples from this incident, and his many other encounters with the law, almost every single one of these symptoms. Hell several of them pop up in his infamous tirade on the MMA Hour with Helwani. I used to be a huge fan of Miller's. He used to be sharp, witty, charismatic and hilarious in interviews, and now he seems to come off as near deranged or slightly off. I'd say you rarely see peoples personalities do a complete 180 like that in the span of just something like half a decade unless there are underlying causes like drug abuse, or some other such addiction. Yeah, alcohol has been at the root of many of these instances, but I just feel like there is something more going on here. I think he needs help psychologically, and whatever little help the world of medicine can give for potential brain trauma.

Post #8   7/12/16 2:23:32AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,576-1,648
Chips:
The naked in a church thing seemed like a pretty obvious cry for help...or perhaps an abdication of any shred of sanity. It's actually kind of sad that he seems to be going way off the rails and nobody has done anything to help him or at least mitigate an apparent dwindling grip on reality.

Post #9   7/12/16 1:15:17PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:5,416-3,592
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

The naked in a church thing seemed like a pretty obvious cry for help...or perhaps an abdication of any shred of sanity. It's actually kind of sad that he seems to be going way off the rails and nobody has done anything to help him or at least mitigate an apparent dwindling grip on reality.

When I'm drunk I don't always get arrested, but every time I've been arrested I was drunk.

Post #10   7/12/16 1:21:24PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,755-1,961
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Post #11   7/12/16 3:56:34PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:5,547-2,968
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Holy crap what a weird video. Had no idea Matt Horwich was such a lunatic either.

No way these 2 guys are not on drugs in this video. They thought they were funny which is more disturbing.

And this dude just tried fighting Luke Barnett and missed weight by 40+lbs and seemed shocked.

Post #12   7/12/16 7:50:34PM   

scoozna

10 Year Service Award Winner

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,957-1,723
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

+1 . Well done.

And Sir_Karl was true to form in this thread. (not that I disagree with him).

I agree with the sentiment that Mayhem has progressed from funny wackiness to a sad state of affairs and sounds like he needs help more than anything.

Post #13   7/13/16 11:06:39AM