Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Maximum Fighting Championship (MFC) is For Sale

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

July 21st Jinh InvictaChampion

JLS Avatar

Career:4,215-2,212
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
The Maximum Fighting Championship, one of the eminently exciting brands of mixed martial arts to ever be at the forefront of the sport, is formally announcing it is for sale.

Mark Pavelich, Owner & President of the MFC, put more than 15 years into the business and grew it from a Canadian original on the MMA scene to a frontrunner in North America and ultimately into one of the most prominent shows in the world.

“The Maximum Fighting Championship was my passion and my labor of love. It was not just an MMA show. It was a professional sports organization,” said Pavelich.

The Maximum Fighting Championship brought top-level attention and profile to its athletes. Every one of the MFC’s champions progressed to the UFC, and more than 50 of its fighters competed at the highest levels of the sport. Included in the MFC’s extensive list of notable athletes are Patrick Cote, Jason MacDonald, Benson Henderson, Sam Alvey, Paul Daley, Anthony Birchak, Ryan McGillivray, Tom Watson, Roger Hollett, Antonio McKee, Thales Leites, Emmanuel Newton, and Douglas Lima.

mmaweekly

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   2/18/16 6:46:56PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,216-1,396
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Man, I didn't even realize they hadn't done a show since 2014... I wonder what assets they have aside from their name and custom ring.

MFC was always a great promotion. They had some excellent talent.

Last edited 2/19/16 4:12AM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/19/16 4:03:22AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,468-3,140
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Man, I didn't even realize they hadn't done a show since 2014... I wonder what assets they have aside from their name and custom ring.

MFC was always a great promotion. ????

You down to split it P$?

I miss MFC. It's a shame they fell on hard times. IMO they were Canada's most entertaining promotion for a number of years.

Post #3   2/19/16 4:07:08AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by pmoney

You down to split it P$?

I miss MFC. It's a shame they fell on hard times. IMO they were Canada's most entertaining promotion for a number of years.

Hey we can bring the scene back! Get a high powered business loan and let's make it happen Budge

Post #4   2/19/16 4:14:42AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,468-3,140
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by pmoney

You down to split it P$?

Hey we can bring the scene back! Get a high powered business loan and let's make it happen Budge

Better yet, I'll Kickstarter it.

People have funded stupider ideas on there that that

Post #5   2/19/16 4:27:53AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:
Damn it Budge, you're a genius! Crowd funding like a motherfucker!

Post #6   2/19/16 11:29:35AM   

RhythmAndStyle

Straight Flexin'

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,902-2,384
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
No big surprise, haven't heard of them putting together a show in a long time..and plus all their big name fighters left..guys like Ryan Ford and so on..

Post #7   2/19/16 1:22:47PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,063-1,315
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
They proved ring can hold many great fights and produce many great talents despite the dogshit unified rules.

MFC was fun i don't really see anyone relavent buying them unless zuffa feels the need to bolster its library of fights.

To my knowledge their roster is depleted....i don't see a ton of value other the video library.....

Maybe nick diaz should buy it and use his promoters license to put on ring events like he originally wanted to.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #8   2/19/16 1:32:23PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:3,590-2,558
Chips:
Viacom should buy them and add the fighters into the Bellator mix.

Post #9   2/20/16 8:58:52PM