Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

B.J. Penn 'guarantees' he'll fight at UFC 196; potentially against Dennis Siver

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,068-1,431
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
B.J. Penn fully expects he'll make his return to the Octagon on March 5. And it probably won't be against Nik Lentz.

The UFC Hall of Famer, one of just two fighters to hold UFC titles in two weight classes, "guarantees" he'll be fighting at UFC 196 on March 5 in Las Vegas, MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani reported on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight.

While there's no official opponent lined up, word has it that veteran Dennis Siver has emerged as a possible opponent for the former welterweight and lightweight champ.

link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   2/4/16 7:28:13PM   

Michael_Corleone

I'm knocking out all bums

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:2,149-1,203
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It's almost as if Dennis Siver has become the new Elvis Sinosic. Lol

Post #2   2/4/16 11:24:18PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,068-1,431
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by Michael_Corleone

Kind of a rough comparison, even joking. Granted Siver is not the best, I am not sure why. There's something about his movement and style that is neither effective nor fan friendly, maybe someone can help my flu-symptom-stuffy-headed ass figure out. He's top 20 in the division but will never be top ten again or ever come close to a belt (inside the UFC). Sad but true.

Post #3   2/4/16 11:59:12PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,836-2,659
Chips:
Looking forward to see penn fight live again.

Post #4   2/5/16 7:40:59AM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,330-1,448
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
I really don't want to see penn fight again after that Edgar fight and the beatings he took at WW, but if he really is determined to keep trying, this is as good a fight as any I could think of to really see where he is right now and what he has left in the tank. A loss to Siver in a similar fashion to his losses to Rory, Diaz, or Edgar, would really be telling of where he is as a fighter now. If he beats Siver you know he can at least still hang around with the guys floating around the 20-15 range in the rankings, maybe a little more depending on the match ups. If he beats Siver where would you go from there though? Perhaps Jeremy Stephens or Bermudez? Maybe Guida. It'll be interesting to see how they play things with a guy who may legitimately have nothing left, regardless of how true the hype of a serious, motivated BJ is.

Post #5   2/5/16 8:45:19AM   

Michael_Corleone

I'm knocking out all bums

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:2,149-1,203
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Kind of a rough comparison, even joking. Granted Siver is not the best, I am not sure why. There's something about his movement and style that is neither effective nor fan friendly, maybe someone can help my flu-symptom-stuffy-headed ass figure out. He's top 20 in the division but will never be top ten again or ever come close to a belt (inside the UFC). Sad but true.

The comparison is reflective upon matchmaking. Not style/skill.

Post #6   2/5/16 11:17:48AM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:1,379-772
Chips:
For God's sake retire already BJ...it's getting quite sad now

Post #7   2/5/16 3:28:10PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,724-2,276
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
BJ Lazy Penn..goodness, even a match with Siver is a risk..Siver spinning back body kick would easily cripple Penn..its not gonna be pretty whoever he does fight..

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #8   2/6/16 7:36:47PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,698-998
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

The comparison is reflective upon matchmaking. Not style/skill.

He says it the way Michael Corleone would do it too.. Sorry the godfather has been on past few days

Post #9   2/6/16 9:22:16PM