Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor to announce signing in 3 weeks, first fight will be in Japan or US

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,192-3,001
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The return of Fedor Emelianenko continues to be a topic that attracts attention from pundits and fans alike, as many eagerly anticipate the end of the sweepstakes for the Russian heavyweight to determine where he will fight in the near future.

According to a recent report from CombatPress.com, Emelianenko has already signed with the UFC and is awaiting an official announcement from the promotion. However, according to the Russian heavyweight, he remains fixed in negotiations for the time being.

Fedor was present at FightSpirit Championship 5 in Russia as the guest of honor and revealed during a quick interview that he would announce his potential signing in the next couple of weeks.

"I can not say exactly, but negotiations with the leading promoters are in place," said Fedor. "In the next two or three weeks everything will become clear."

LINK

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   9/7/15 10:21:51AM   

I-GOT-THIS-PICK

Standup Guy

I-GOT-THIS-PICK Avatar

Career:2,746-1,580
Camp: TKO
Chips:
If the UFC does not sign Fedor this time,I will probly give up on MMA and go back to watching boxing.

Post #2   9/7/15 11:04:03AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,950-2,724
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
3 weeks is a long time

Post #3   9/7/15 2:05:00PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:2,790-1,414
Chips:
I still like Fedor. He's one of my all-time favorite fighters, and I think the last few years have moved him past Anderson Silva on my GOAT list. However, between MMA fighters in general getting better and Fedor getting older/inactive its hard to conceive of him being a contender in the UFC anymore. Maybe if he dropped to LHW like he should have done 5+ years ago...but I just don't see him being willing to do so.

So my hype for this is actually fairly minimal.

Post #4   9/7/15 2:13:19PM   

rush13

Standup Guy

rush13 Avatar

Career:1,379-772
Chips:
Let me guess, after all this UFC talk he will end up singing with some European(is there any?!?!) and keep on fighting the Satoshi Ishii's of the world

Post #5   9/7/15 5:31:20PM   

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Career:3-1
Chips:
I still want to see Anderson wreck Fedor. I know it's ridiculous but who the fuck wouldn't buy that.

Post #6   9/7/15 6:02:13PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,950-2,724
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
If fedor signs with ufc
I will buy a reebox fedor shirt that same week
And wear it with pride at ufc 192

Post #7   9/7/15 7:26:32PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,889-1,216
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
M1 has some great guys like smoldarev,tybura,grabowski,kharitoniv among some other intriguing matchups.(That answers YES there is europeans wanting fedor lol)

KSW has very limited options like,pudzilla,peter graham,konstantin gluhov,pawel nastula mostly freakshow style fights or older veterans.(Doesn't fit fedors description of top competition,also another European org wanting fedor)

IGF has an open weight division with guys like chris barnett,oli thompson,minowaman,satoshi ishii .(again freakshow atmosphere with no depth in roster,Japanese org wanting fedor)

WSOF has some actually quality hws a mix of vets and prospects ,Ivanov,Smealino rama,derrick mehman among others(see my wsof hw breakdown for more fighters,i wouldn't mind seeing him in wsof whatsoever,us company wanting fedor)

Bellator has some great hws with exciting prospects like Ewerton Teixera,Tyrell Fortune ,Lorenzo Hood,Raphael Butler,Augusto sakai,Alex Huddelston,Javy Ayala,Dmitry Sosnovsky and veterans like minakov,volkov,lashley,Kongo,gormley,Thompson.(wouldnt mind seein him in bellator,another us promotion wanting fedor)

Ufc houses all the rematched pivotal to fedors redemption,as well as a few very elite hws but isnt the only place fedor has.

Also there is that sakakibara org rumored to be named SAMURAI might be looking to make fedor its first signing.

Im just waiting for a concrete announcement cuz we are still at square one after all this time.

Post #8   9/7/15 7:28:16PM   

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Chips:
Ivanov could be a fun matchup because back when everyone was on Fedors nuts Ivanov beat Fedor at Sambo for the Russian title.

Post #9   9/7/15 7:29:52PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,930-3,258
Chips:
So let me get this straight...your dislike for the UFC is soo strong that you'd prefer seeing sign with WSOF so that you can watch him fight Ivanov?! PLEASE tell me I am reading that wrong...

Last edited 9/7/15 8:31PM server time by jae_1833
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   9/7/15 8:30:27PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,124-1,476
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
When the announcement cAme out about Fedor, I thought never in a million years he would sign with the UFC. Then there was Dana smiling winky face-Ing tweets about Fedor. But I was still skeptical. And now this. I firmly still believe Fedor will be fighting in a non-UFC based promotion. No way two big heads like Fedor and Dana could come to an agreement, especially with Reebok in the mix. Even though I'm sure the Fritatta bros make all the business decisions. Nonetheless, I don't think Fedor would ever bow to a corp like Zuffa. Fedor I'm sure wants to push his brand and his name. And he doesn't get the returns with Reebok compared to another org. It's all the bottom line with Fedor. No hate, just reality.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #11   9/7/15 9:37:46PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,930-3,258
Chips:
Let me ask you all this...IF (big if I know) but if Fedor does sign with the UFC can we stop hearing about the fucking Reebok deal and how it's going to "destroy" mma? Truth be told the guy has never been a big advertisement/endorsement draw in the U.S. anyways...I doubt with the type of money that they'd be paying for him he'd care less about the measly $5k from Reebok. Shit have you seen the Overeem payouts?! That dude could give a fuck less if Reebok paid him a fucking penny, and they are going to pay more for Fedor guaranteed!

Post #12   9/7/15 11:58:02PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Career:3,890-2,049
Chips:
I think he'll sign with the Ufc personally. But if he doesn't I would like to see him sign with Bellator.

Seeing how he wants to fight in Japan, wouldn't that be a nice surprise for him to fight in 3 weeks at Fight Night 75 in Japan. The card only has 10 fights and overall it's not that strong of a card.

Fedor vs ? as Co-Main Event at Fight Night 75?

Post #13   9/8/15 7:02:18AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Let's be real, there's not one interesting matchup for Fedor that isn't in the UFC.... What a laundry list of dog shit in every other MMA organizations heavyweight division. If Fedor wants to come back, do it right.... big fights, big money, cash out... UFC PPVs.

Post #14   9/8/15 12:01:47PM   

Gumby90

Hello

Gumby90 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Let me ask you all this...IF (big if I know) but if Fedor does sign with the UFC can we stop hearing about the fucking Reebok deal and how it's going to "destroy" mma? Truth be told the guy has never been a big advertisement/endorsement draw in the U.S. anyways...I doubt with the type of money that they'd be paying for him he'd care less about the measly $5k from Reebok. Shit have you seen the Overeem payouts?! That dude could give a fuck less if Reebok paid him a fucking penny, and they are going to pay more for Fedor guaranteed!

Post #15   9/8/15 12:58:06PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2