Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fighter Rankings

Print  
Posted By Message

TheShaman

Standup Guy

TheShaman Avatar

Career:1,468-924
Chips:
Does this mean a lot of people don't bother updating the women's straw weight division?

1. Carla Esparza
2. Jessica "Jag" Aguilar
3. Claudia Gadelha
4. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #1   3/24/15 1:44:42AM   

JLS

July 21st Jinh InvictaChampion

JLS Avatar

Career:4,223-2,214
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by TheShaman

Does this mean a lot of people don't bother updating the women's straw weight division?

1. Carla Esparza
2. Jessica "Jag" Aguilar
3. Claudia Gadelha
4. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

That's exactly what it means.

I have it...

1. Jedrzejczyk
2. Gadelha
3. Esparza
4. Aguilar

The only real debate here is where do you rank Jag?

Post #2   3/24/15 6:54:16AM   

VitoCapone

Standup Guy

VitoCapone Avatar

Career:3,342-2,171
Camp: Black Widows
Chips:
I have:
Jessica Aguilar
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Carla Esparza
Claudia Gadelha

Post #3   3/26/15 8:31:25PM   

JLS

July 21st Jinh InvictaChampion

JLS Avatar

Career:4,223-2,214
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by VitoCapone

I have:
Jessica Aguilar
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Carla Esparza
Claudia Gadelha

I put Gadelha over Esparza based off of their last fights. Both were against the current Champ and Gadelha did much better. Some could argue and say she won that fight. Could be Champ right now.

Post #4   3/27/15 5:27:15AM   

VitoCapone

Standup Guy

VitoCapone Avatar

Career:3,342-2,171
Camp: Black Widows
Chips:
I understand but Aguilar hasn't lost since 2010. Ten fights in a row against some of the better rated 115 fighters of the time. Aguilar is a very established 125er with a win over Esparza in 2011. In my opinion consistency should could in a ranking system and Aguilar is the most consistent.
So Esparza lost her first title defense to a good stand-up fighter but who is to say Jedrzejczyk won't get beat her first defense. I can't put Gadelha over Esparza due to the level of competition she faced prior to the current champ. A win over Esparza would have forced me to rank it that way. But I can see it your way also bro.

Post #5   3/27/15 11:30:10AM   

TheShaman

Standup Guy

TheShaman Avatar

Career:1,468-924
Chips:
I can see the Gadelha vs Aguilar ranking argument, and to a lesser extent the Gadelha vs Esparza argument, but I really can't see an argument for Esparza being #1 while Jedrzejczyk is #4, as the neglected site rankings have them.

I personally have Gadelha #2 and Esparza #4, under the assumption that Gadelha could out-grapple and submit Esparza and how seemingly close the Gadelha/Jedrzejczyk fight was, and Gadelha's otherwise spotless and relatively lengthy record.

The difference in the performances between the two fights either means Jedrzejczyk actually improved her TDD and grappling that much between fights, or Gadelha is actually the better wrestler, or Esparza really did have an off night, or something happened in one of the fights to one of the fighters to make Gadelha look better or Esparza look worse.

I for one am excited about this new division, partially because we all get to discover a whole new set of fighters, a lot of whom are promising. I think Jedrzejczyk vs Calderwood will happen sooner than later, and it will be FOTN and potential FOTY.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #6   3/29/15 1:52:25AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
imo

1) Gadelha
2) Jedrzejczyk
3) Aguilar
4) everyone else

I updated my rankings but it made no dent, a lot of people must be just going in and clicking on the rankings to make them current without looking at them since it doesn't take them into account unless the user has marked their rankings current after every primary league event right? Buncha people w/ OCD needing to see 13/13 on the left of their screen next to fighter rankings killin the algorithm!

Gadelha beat Jedrzejczyk imo, the winner whoever got that SD nod was going to smoke Esparza obviously and JAG would too. Esparza is back in the next tier not near the top 3 imo. And those were my thoughts on her against any of those 3 before she got TKO'd and lost the title fwiw.

Last edited 3/30/15 8:34PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   3/30/15 8:30:55PM