Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC's special announcement?

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
According to BE the UFC will be a holding a special announcement preceding the Facebook prelims. What do you guys think it is? Lesnar vs. Carwin 2? Both are said to be attending the event.

Link

Post #1   12/28/13 2:23:00AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I'm sure it has something to do with Brock

Wonder what they'll do with him after he gets his ass kicked a few more times and people realize he'll never come close to the title again.

Post #2   12/28/13 3:56:06AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:699-385
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

I'm sure it has something to do with Brock

Wonder what they'll do with him after he gets his ass kicked a few more times and people realize he'll never come close to the title again.

Very true, but he is a massive draw, and would not mind seeing him fight Werdum or winner of Barnett vs browne. Still think he would actually do well against those guys but not Cain or JDS.

Post #3   12/28/13 6:02:33AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
It's about Chael Daddy getting a $$$Raise$$$

Brock who??

Last edited 12/28/13 8:50AM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   12/28/13 8:48:59AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,064-693
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
i like brock but he really hates getting hit in the face. i can't see him doing anything in his return

Post #5   12/28/13 9:06:52AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Very true, but he is a massive draw, and would not mind seeing him fight Werdum or winner of Barnett vs browne.

There's no doubt he's a draw, but that doesn't make me any more interested in watching him fight. However, the heavyweight division isn't exactly stacked, so I guess I wouldn't mind watching him be a stepping stone for other solid heavyweights.

Personally I think Werdum, Barnett and Browne would all make easy work of him.

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

i like brock but he really hates getting hit in the face.

He also hates getting hit in the stomach. The man doesn't like getting hit anywhere. He doesn't have the heart necessary to be a great UFC fighter.

Last edited 12/28/13 9:48AM server time by Webbie

Post #6   12/28/13 9:47:19AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by aussiemma

Very true, but he is a massive draw, and would not mind seeing him fight Werdum or winner of Barnett vs browne.

There's no doubt he's a draw, but that doesn't make me any more interested in watching him fight. However, the heavyweight division isn't exactly stacked, so I guess I wouldn't mind watching him be a stepping stone for other solid heavyweights.

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

He also hates getting hit in the stomach. The man doesn't like getting hit anywhere. He doesn't have the heart necessary to be a great UFC fighter.

Not liking to get hit in the face, and heart are not necessarily the same things. No one likes getting hit in the face, and most of us instinctively react when he are struck. Pro fighters are trained to fight those urges, in order to maintain focus. Brock clearly hadn't received enough training to adapt to that part. I think Brock has shown he can fight through adversity and put on a good fight. And as it pertains to the Cain fight, he was clearly not at 100%, and it didn't just have to do with him getting struck.

Post #7   12/28/13 10:06:17AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by Webbie

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Not liking to get hit in the face, and heart are not necessarily the same things. No one likes getting hit in the face, and most of us instinctively react when he are struck. Pro fighters are trained to fight those urges, in order to maintain focus. Brock clearly hadn't received enough training to adapt to that part. I think Brock has shown he can fight through adversity and put on a good fight. And as it pertains to the Cain fight, he was clearly not at 100%, and it didn't just have to do with him getting struck.

Instinctively reacting is one thing. Turning your back and running away is another. I've never had any training and I've never turned my back and ran away from anyone like that.

I think Cain would've done what he did to Brock even if he were at 100%. Same with Overeem.

Also, wasn't Brock at 100% against Carwin when he ran away from him in the first round?

Post #8   12/28/13 10:17:23AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Any Lesnar related announcement of any kind, unless vague and really saying nothing, would likely be too big to be done preceding the first prelim on the online-only portion of the card but who knows.

Something TUF-related maybe? I'm not sure which international ones they're tackling next.

Or they'll go to Mexico with Werdum vs. Barnett/Browne and work out any kinks there, build some in-country hype with that headliner, and then return with Cain for the title later in 2014 as planned?

EDIT: People in the comments feel pretty strongly it's just the video game cover reveal fwiw.

Last edited 12/28/13 11:05AM server time by Kpro
2 total post edits

Post #9   12/28/13 10:52:37AM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,295-688
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Any Lesnar related announcement of any kind, unless vague and really saying nothing, would likely be too big to be done preceding the first prelim on the online-only portion of the card but who knows.

Something TUF-related maybe? I'm not sure which international ones they're tackling next.

Or they'll go to Mexico with Werdum vs. Barnett/Browne and work out any kinks there, build some in-country hype with that headliner, and then return with Cain for the title later in 2014 as planned?

EDIT: People in the comments feel pretty strongly it's just the video game cover reveal fwiw.

I doubt they have an event in Mexico without Cain. I believe they've announced that the Mexico event would be postponed until Cain is healthy. Probably against Werdum vs Browne/Barnett winner.

I do think you're right about the Video Game cover though. Slight chance of a Brock announcement but like you said already that announcement would probably come later in the event unless they want to use this as something to hype during the PPV. Like you said, "Who Knows".

Another possibility I think could be the announcement of the other 5 stawweights for TUF 20. Or unlikely they could announce that this will be the final fight for Anderson Silva.

Last edited 12/28/13 11:32AM server time by JLS1980

Post #10   12/28/13 11:31:34AM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 36-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,481-954
Chips:
EA UFC cover reveal for sure

Post #11   12/28/13 12:10:50PM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:976-624
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
Who's Steve Carwin?

Last edited 12/28/13 12:23PM server time by Lungsofsteel

Post #12   12/28/13 12:23:25PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
I hope it has nothing to do with brock or carwin.

Post #13   12/28/13 2:01:26PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
Is Shane Carwin gunning for a UFC rematch with Brock Lesnar?

That last tweet has me thinking it's definitely something to do with Lesnar, whether Carwin's involved or not.

I have a hard time believing the UFC would hold a special press conference to announce the EA UFC cover reveal when we've already known about that for a couple weeks now.

But I'd definitely rather it be that than a Carwin/Lesnar rematch. If it is a rematch, I'll go ahead and bet now that Carwin wins via first round TKO.

Last edited 12/28/13 3:12PM server time by Webbie
2 total post edits

Post #14   12/28/13 3:09:20PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't wanna give you guys a hard on but
There have been a few sightings of the legend himself