Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Coroner: Del Rosario’s death due to natural causes; Cocaine, THC and Opiates found in system

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario‘s death was due to natural causes, according to medical examiners.

A death certificate issued Wednesday by the Orange County (Calif.) coroner’s office said the 30-year-old fighter suffered brain damage from a lack of oxygen to the brain, an abnormal heart rhythm commonly associated with heart attacks and a congenital heart disorder.

Link

Post #1   12/20/13 5:43:08PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Wow

Post #2   12/20/13 8:36:13PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,270-1,339
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I want to respect the family and all but I knew as soon as it was revealed that Ian McCall found him that it was most likely attributed to drugs. Seems like anyone associated with McCall has something bad happen to them I mean he said he's had about a dozen friends die and most of them due to drugs. This guy is trouble. Again I'm saddened for the loss to the Del Rosario family but living with a questionable person like McCall was a terrible idea. Apparently McCall also found Justin Levens dead too.

Post #3   12/20/13 9:33:50PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I want to respect the family and all but I knew as soon as it was revealed that Ian McCall found him that it was most likely attributed to drugs. Seems like anyone associated with McCall has something bad happen to them I mean he said he's had about a dozen friends die and most of them due to drugs. This guy is trouble. Again I'm saddened for the loss to the Del Rosario family but living with a questionable person like McCall was a terrible idea. Apparently McCall also found Justin Levens dead too.

If you've ever been drunk you're an enormous hypocrite.

Post #4   12/21/13 12:21:23AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

How is this McCall's fault?

Post #5   12/21/13 12:44:11AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,275-1,280
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I'm pretty sure McCall doesn't spell his name Natural Causes.

He also didn't find Levens dead, when he arrived the police were already there investigating. Leven's suicide and the murder he committed before it were certainly not in any way McCall's fault.

If you want to blame someone for multiple deaths you better come with some evidence. People around have been banned from posting for speculating fights are fixed which to me doesn't even compare to the insanity of the claim you just made.

Post #6   12/21/13 1:47:07AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:493-296
Chips:
Does anyone else find it a tad bit strange that a guy found dead has all these drugs in his system, but never from fight tests? I mean I don't know how long Cocaine and Opiates stay in a system but doesn't THC linger around for bit?

Does this show the incompetence of Athletic Commissions or how good fighter's are at cycling?

Post #7   12/21/13 1:51:50AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by frizzzlecake

Does anyone else find it a tad bit strange that a guy found dead has all these drugs in his system, but never from fight tests? I mean I don't know how long Cocaine and Opiates stay in a system but doesn't THC linger around for bit?

Does this show the incompetence of Athletic Commissions or how good fighter's are at cycling?

I don't know about cocaine or opiates, but I do know that it's not very difficult to get THC out of your system.

Post #8   12/21/13 2:06:07AM   

traveller77

MMA Regular

traveller77 Avatar

Career:984-484
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by frizzzlecake

I don't know about cocaine or opiates, but I do know that it's not very difficult to get THC out of your system.

THC is detectable in urine for up to 90 days if you're a chronic, quite a bit less for occasional use, and coke and opiates only stick around for a couple days. He was partying within 24 hours of the event most likely.

He was inbetween fights and I'm pretty sure he was unaware of the heart condition. The opiates could have been prescribed but the coke obviously wasnt. It sounds like the dope wasnt to blame anyway but it wasnt helping any.

I dont see what any of this has to do with McCall.

Last edited 12/21/13 3:57AM server time by traveler77
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   12/21/13 3:49:43AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by traveler77

Posted by Webbie

Posted by frizzzlecake

THC is detectable in urine for up to 90 days if you're a chronic, quite a bit less for occasional use, and coke and opiates only stick around for a couple days. He was partying within 24 hours of the event most likely.

The last time I took a piss test it was after only 2-3 weeks of not smoking, prior to which I had been smoking every day for a long time, and I passed without doing anything to flush it out of my system.

I've had buddies who used to get tested by their probation officers who passed urine tests when they had been smoking less than a week before. Not sure what they used to flush.

90 days seems crazy to me.

Post #10   12/21/13 4:16:18AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:
Good to see Shane was having a fun life before he went, at least according to toxicology reports.

And no, Ian McCall is not a drug assassin.

Post #11   12/21/13 4:56:23AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,526-871
Chips:
My gf has had 3 of her friends die of drug overdoses & 1 from a suicide. She found 2 of them. If you know her, you know that in no way, shape, or form does this reflect her character as a person

Post #12   12/21/13 6:28:06AM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,052-681
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
coke only last a couple days in your system. the more fat you have on your body the longer tch will be in your system. i'm not sure what consists of opiates...

Post #13   12/21/13 10:48:03AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Chips:
The opiates could even be prescription pills for pain, the guys battled a ton of fight related injuries and was hit by a drunk driver.

Just to touch on the Uncle Creepy thing, he's an admitted addict and has supposedly been clean for a few years now and Shane was his roommate. Now maybe UC hasn't been "clean" this whole time if his roomie was partying, but that doesn't, in any way, mean that UC is the one at fault here. Yeah, he may have been lying about his own sobriety, but it's completely unfair to put the blame on this guy who I'm sure is suffering greatly right now.

Rather than concentrate on the bad, or lay blame on UC, it's best to just send good thoughts out to SDR's family and friends and mourn the passing of a guy that entertained us and went far too soon.

Post #14   12/21/13 11:34:15AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,828-1,619
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by traveler77

Posted by Webbie

Posted by frizzzlecake

The last time I took a piss test it was after only 2-3 weeks of not smoking, prior to which I had been smoking every day for a long time, and I passed without doing anything to flush it out of my system.

I've had buddies who used to get tested by their probation officers who passed urine tests when they had been smoking less than a week before. Not sure what they used to flush.

90 days seems crazy to me.

I don't think 90 days is right. Not for a urine test at least. Maybe if we're talking a strand of hair. Generally it's around 30 days for urine but it's different for everyone. There are ways to speed this up as well.

Post #15   12/21/13 5:29:14PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2