Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

kentucky derby today

Print  
Posted By Message

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,048-608
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I don't like horses but I love horse racing. In fact I invented a great drinking game for horse racing called 'horse'. Anytime you see a horse, take a drink. Then you get great ideas for hat styles.

I haven't seen any odds yet, but I may throw down some dollars on the best named horse.

Anyone else a fan of horse racing?

Post #1   5/4/13 2:29:52PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Have I just been living under a rock or something? I had no idea the Kentucky Derby was today. I'll watch the race if I get a chance but I really don't like all the pre race, 4 hour bullshit that goes on before.

Airkerma, not sure if you've ever been to a horse racing event live, but it's a lot of fun in person. I live about 20 mins from Arlington Park Racetrack and we go there all the time.

Post #2   5/4/13 3:26:51PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i think really short people are funny so i have a little bit of interest. other than that i could give a shit about horses

Post #3   5/4/13 3:29:03PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i think really short people are funny so i have a little bit of interest. other than that i could give a shit about horses

There are some benefits for us short people. I can play the games at Chuck E Cheese and nobody judges me.

Post #4   5/4/13 3:32:05PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,526-871
Chips:
im a fan of horse racing 3 days out of the year

Post #5   5/4/13 4:42:46PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:884-553
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

Post #6   5/4/13 4:55:14PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,048-608
Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Have I just been living under a rock or something? I had no idea the Kentucky Derby was today. I'll watch the race if I get a chance but I really don't like all the pre race, 4 hour bullshit that goes on before.

Airkerma, not sure if you've ever been to a horse racing event live, but it's a lot of fun in person. I live about 20 mins from Arlington Park Racetrack and we go there all the time.

I haven't been to a live race. I think I would prefer Belmont over any of them. I would like to go to the Preakness but despite the partying it actually turns into a shit show. I know someone who got a concussion because she was randomly pegged in the back of the head by a beer. Also, they definitely haven't hyped any of the races at all so it isn't really you're fault you didn't know. I think I heard about it 2 days ago.

Finally, I love me some Bob Costas, so him jabbering is music to my ears

Post #7   5/4/13 5:24:46PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,526-871
Chips:
30 minutes before the race, i decided i would bet on the Derby, just for shits & giggles. I had seen Orb was a favorite earlier this week on something and heard a lot of people talking about him in the 10 minutes of Derby coverage I chose to watch. so i logged on to my site & saw that he was getting 11:1 odds (pretty good for a supposed favorite). totally prepared to throw it away, i put $25 on Orb.

I tuned back in & heard that a lot of late money had been put on him (awesome) & as he was walking out, he looked calm, but ready to run (imo anyways, i dont know dick about horse racing, except for the 3 races i watch each year).

they come out of the gates & after the 1st turn i hear "Orb is 3rd from last".

I knew i had jinxed the horse as soon as i locked my bet in.

then i hear something along the lines of the front horses being on a pace way faster than they should be & i knew i had a chance, but figured i was still screwed.

Then all of the sudden, right before the last turn, I see my horse hit the outside & making his break. That mudderfucker was digging in that shit & breaking away from all of the others. I couldnt believe it. He fucking won!

The first horse race I ever bet on, I picked the winner & turned a simple $25 into $275!

Post #8   5/4/13 8:40:29PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

The first horse race I ever bet on, I picked the winner & turned a simple $25 into $275!

Happened to my buddy 3 or 4 years ago. We have an off-track betting facility in Fort Wayne. He stopped in on the morning of the derby having no clue what he was doing - didn't know the first thing about horse racing.

That asshole nailed a trifecta. Turned $30 (or maybe $50?) in to $1500.

Post #9   5/4/13 10:35:12PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:884-553
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Happened to my buddy 3 or 4 years ago. We have an off-track betting facility in Fort Wayne. He stopped in on the morning of the derby having no clue what he was doing - didn't know the first thing about horse racing.

That asshole nailed a trifecta. Turned $30 (or maybe $50?) in to $1500.

Post #10   5/4/13 10:39:32PM