Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

first time in 6 years i wont be hosting a ppv this month

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
My dad came out and shocked me. Asked me to watch the
Ppv fights with him at a pub. I always host ppv fights when I am not at them live. Friends and such

For 6 years for some reason when I tell him I am going to a event he always thought I was going to a wwe event

Let me remind you he has never seen a Ufc event on tv
I thought the father son time at a bar drinking would be cool and even though I would love to watch it at home I am going to a pub. Gonna teach him hopefully he becomes a fan. It nice of him to go out of his way to take a liking of my interests. I don't know how many years
Left ill be able to do stuff like this with my dad

Post #1   4/8/13 2:42:27PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
you can always host the next PPV event. have fun with your pops, if he becomes a fan than he can start coming to the PPV events at your place.

Post #2   4/8/13 2:50:19PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
great reason to end the streak! im sure it'll be fun!

Post #3   4/8/13 3:13:08PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That's quite a streak - 6 years, you are dedicated.

It is a very cool thing that you're getting together with your dad. My dad passed away 15 years ago and there's so much that I wish I could share with him, let alone hang with him for a few hours at a bar.

Post #4   4/8/13 3:27:56PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
That's awesome, dude. I wish I could get together with my dad, but I'm living in Chicago now and he's back in New Orleans. We still talk on the phone during fights but it's not the same as it was when I was back home. I know you've attended many MMA events and I'm sure you gained plenty of memorable experiences, but the best may be to come. Hopefully he becomes hooked and you will gain something that is worth 100 times more than what you already have experienced.

Post #5   4/8/13 3:43:27PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
It is awesome your dad reached out to you.

And btw, for a guy who doesn't hand out props - you sure have a lot of them. *cough*cough*

Last edited 4/8/13 3:46PM server time by KungFuMaster
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   4/8/13 3:44:59PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I wish my dad would take a liking to MMA. Shit I wish any of my fiends would. I have like 2 or 3 good friends that enjoy watching it. My brothers will watch it, but dont understand grappling positions and what guys are trying to do so it gets annyoing. Hopefully your dad gets hooked, then you have another person to enjoy MMA with.

Post #7   4/8/13 3:57:35PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:
I actually thought about it for a day.
Saves me 50 bucks. Only reason why I hesitated was
One I don't know how close I will be to tv s at the bar
Two never been to a bar for a MMA event
Three I actually like the commentary and obvious I won't hear it at the bar
And last I don't wanna act like a Dick when obnoxious Ufc fans who don't know shit start annoying me there

It's sad when a few weeks ago my dad asked me if I was going to wrestlemania. No dad no fake wrestling but real MMA

Post #8   4/8/13 5:30:03PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 37-48

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,532-977
Chips:
Dads are the coolest

Post #9   4/8/13 8:51:46PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,958-1,134
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Ppv fights with him at a pub. I always host ppv fights when I am not at them live. Friends and such

For 6 years for some reason when I tell him I am going to a event he always thought I was going to a wwe event

I thought the father son time at a bar drinking would be cool and even though I would love to watch it at home I am going to a pub. Gonna teach him hopefully he becomes a fan. It nice of him to go out of his way to take a liking of my interests. I don't know how many years

Your first sentence had me confused at first read. I thought your dad was coming out the closet. I guess proper period and comma do come in handy sometimes.

Post #10   4/8/13 9:53:47PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

Posted by prozacnation1978

Your first sentence had me confused at first read. I thought your dad was coming out the closet. I guess proper period and comma do come in handy sometimes.

Sorry I was at lunch and I was running late to head back

Post #11   4/9/13 8:06:28AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Cherish it, man. My dad passed 8 years ago. Missed out on quite a bit with him. His death was sudden...didn't get to say goodbye or anything. So many regrets on my part.

Post #12   4/9/13 10:41:00AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:
For the commentary I never had an issue with BWW. I could always hear my boys Goldie and Rojum.

As for your dad, that's definitely a cool move on his part. My dad watches free fights when I let him know about it and he followed boxing for a while so he isn't a real stranger to fight sports. I have yet to see fights with him though, and since he's weird he likes to tune into live auctioning on foreclosed properties if I don't remind him to watch the fights. You definitely have to hang with him.

Post #13   4/9/13 11:07:46AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Chips:
My parents now are in their mid 60's and my grandparents
Are dead and uncles and aunts deceased as well. Cousins don't exist anymore. My family. Bros and sisters. Literary we are all that is left. I gotta find time to spend with them. Especially my parents now. I can't imagine my parents gone. Not looking forward to that day come

Post #14   4/9/13 1:05:23PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Chips:
My mom calls it wrestling(wwe)

Ufc has helped me spend time with my dad he comes over for every ppv. For about 5 years straight I never invited anyone to my house. For the last 4 someone has always come over. I hate going somewhere to watch the ufc.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #15   4/9/13 6:01:25PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2