Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2013 NFL Draft/Free-Agency Thread

Print  
  Page 1 of 6     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Looks like my Hawks just picked up Percy Harvin, gonna be top notch, and very hard to game-plan for, on offense and defense next year. Gotta fill a few spots, especially the pass-rush on defense and an upgrade at Right Tackle but things are looking good. With my team's first rounder shipped out, who are you hoping your team targets in free agency or early in the draft?

Last edited 3/11/13 7:40PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/11/13 7:40:33PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:2,011-1,179
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Wilson to Harvin will be nice, But Kapernick to Boldin is nice too, Boldin made Flacco a very rich douchebag this offseason.Boldin was a chain mover and made some clutch grabs for Flaco. Funny how i really haven't seen anyone said the ravens were smart with paying Flacco that money he's not even the best QB in that division.

Seattle will be good again, If Rice could stay healthy or if he's still under contract that could be a nice duo.

Steelers cut harrison, I'm a non over-reacting Yinzer, Steelers cut LB's when they get older and move on, LLoyd,Greene,Porter,Bell,Gildon,and the lists goes, It's a system thing with Lebeau, and it's not like the steelers got a shit load of sacks last year anyways, but still had a top 5 defense,God forbid when they cut or release or Polamalu the suicide and domestic violence rates with probably sky rocket, lol......It's hard to replace former d players of the year, but people get old and move on.Steelers rarely make any big splashes with FA's they rebuild through the draft and looking like there will be atleast 8 new starters for them next season.Honestly I'd take Teo if he fell and Lacy from Alabama as a possible 2nd rounder.

Kinda sucks i think the steelers will be a rebuilding team, and with Ben they're built to win now, could be 20 years after he retires before they get another Franchise QB like him.

Last edited 3/11/13 7:56PM server time by iwannabesedated

Post #2   3/11/13 7:53:51PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

Seattle will be good again, If Rice could stay healthy or if he's still under contract that could be a nice duo.

Rice is against the cap for 8.5/8.5/9.0 the next 3 years if we even keep him that long. Tate and Baldwin are only making about a half mil each as our 3 and 4 but due for a new contract after the year and then Harvin's new contract should be announced by tomorrow. Zach Miller is another big cap hit, but they're all doable until our entire secondary starts needing new contracts after the coming year. I hate diva receivers but I know we wouldn't have pulled the trigger on Harvin unless Bevell and Rice gave their 100% backing so hopefully we're not locking up a headcase and it was just a result of Ponder throwing the ball, or attempts to. Russell Wilson to Percy Harvin should let Harvin put up crazy stats, health permitting. Looking forward to catching next season on RealRobReport.com

The Steelers are generally smart on picking the right time to move on from veterans. Some teams just hold on too long.

Last edited 3/11/13 8:01PM server time by Kpro

Post #3   3/11/13 8:00:24PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,675-1,417
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
My chargers need a tackle badly
Another receiver would be nice. Eddie royal and Robert meachem was a bust last year

Post #4   3/11/13 8:32:15PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,361-1,266
Chips:
I had the luxury of watching Harvin, in his time with the Vikings. Honestly, you'll be even more impressed when you watch him play all game. The dude is a legit stud. I'm so pissed he wanted to be traded. If the Hawks are able to extend his contract, they got a steal of a deal. A first rounder, 7th rounder, and future mid round pick Seems like a no brainer for me.

He doesn't drop passes, is a fucking threat when he returns kickoffs, does not go down with initial contact, and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Did I mention how exciting it is to watch him return kickoffs? He gets the kick, and its full speed ahead. None of this, should I go this way or that. It's straight ahead, and decisive. Besides last year, he's only missed two games his first season, one game the next season, and played the full 16 in his 3rd year. So, in all actuality, he's pretty durable.

I hate you right now

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   3/11/13 9:19:23PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

I had the luxury of watching Harvin, in his time with the Vikings. Honestly, you'll be even more impressed when you watch him play all game. The dude is a legit stud. I'm so pissed he wanted to be traded. If the Hawks are able to extend his contract, they got a steal of a deal. A first rounder, 7th rounder, and future mid round pick Seems like a no brainer for me.

He doesn't drop passes, is a fucking threat when he returns kickoffs, does not go down with initial contact, and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Did I mention how exciting it is to watch him return kickoffs? He gets the kick, and its full speed ahead. None of this, should I go this way or that. It's straight ahead, and decisive. Besides last year, he's only missed two games his first season, one game the next season, and played the full 16 in his 3rd year. So, in all actuality, he's pretty durable.

I hate you right now

Yeah, the 25th pick, a mid-rounder and a 7th rounder is the equivalent of moving up to about the 19th-20th pick, which you'd never find a Harvin at, the sticking point on risk/reward is going to be when they announce the contract, likely tomorrow. Rumors have ranged from $9-13mil per year for 5-8 years, who knows how much guaranteed

3rd in the NFL YAC last year, was on pace for a 111-1200 season with backup-quality Ponder, so Wilson will make use of him very nicely. Now we have to move Leon Washington and his now-redundant 3mil since Harvin and Tate can both return kicks/punts. Sorry

Post #6   3/11/13 9:31:32PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Chips:
Looking forward to seeing what Indy does with the $40+ mill in cap space.

Thinking they'll go hard and over pay for Kruger. Possibly address the O-line by adding Vasquez. I don't even give a shit if they over pay...it'll just be nice to see them address some offseason needs for once.

Post #7   3/11/13 9:56:36PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

My chargers need a tackle badly
Another receiver would be nice. Eddie royal and Robert meachem was a bust last year

this. Gaither couldn't move off the line last year and without Floyd and Alexander the season would've seemed even longer. hopefully they keep Alexander around. he has potential. kind of upset they let Takeo Spikes go last week. I know he's been around the league awhile but he can still ball.

Post #8   3/11/13 10:34:10PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Wilson to Harvin will be nice, But Kapernick to Boldin is nice too, Boldin made Flacco a very rich douchebag this offseason.Boldin was a chain mover and made some clutch grabs for Flaco. Funny how i really haven't seen anyone said the ravens were smart with paying Flacco that money he's not even the best QB in that division.

Yeah I agree, Andy Dalton is the best QB in the division

Boldin going to San Fran is kind of a dick move (depending if Baltimore offered him a contract or not), but that just means Greg Jennings will be a Raven
EDIT: turns out he got traded for a 6th rounder

I'm just hoping Buffalo will actually address a need. They only have 1 WR worth rostering and a defensive front 7 that has more holes than Fleek's bathroom stall.

Last edited 3/12/13 9:06AM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   3/12/13 12:17:49AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
Falcons should pick up Freeney and hopefully Abraham will want to stay in atl for a low price, if not we should pick up Osi for the vet minimum and draft an eventual successor.

In the draft they should try for Alec Ogletree in the 1st round. Aside from Spoon, there are no LBs worth more than backup status. 2nd Round TE all other picks heavy on D

if the falcons can land all that there is no chance Falcons arent in the superbowl

Post #10   3/12/13 2:43:54AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,146-1,245
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Looks like my Hawks just picked up Percy Harvin, gonna be top notch, and very hard to game-plan for, on offense and defense next year. Gotta fill a few spots, especially the pass-rush on defense and an upgrade at Right Tackle but things are looking good. With my team's first rounder shipped out, who are you hoping your team targets in free agency or early in the draft?

our team will be good Kyle

Post #11   3/12/13 3:46:57AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:2,011-1,179
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Yeah I agree, Andy Dalton is the best QB in the division

Boldin going to San Fran is kind of a dick move (depending if Baltimore offered him a contract or not), but that just means Greg Jennings will be a Raven

I'm just hoping Buffalo will actually address a need. They only have 1 WR worth rostering and a defensive front 7 that has more holes than Fleek's bathroom stall.

lol, let me know when Dalton wins a playoff game let alone 2 super bowls.I'd honestly take Dalton over Flacco though, Joe Flacco's playbook

1: Check down to Rice
2:Check down to TE's Dickson,Pitta or FB Leach
3: Pray Boldin makes the catch
4: last but not least the chuck it deep to Smith and pray for pass interference play.

This is the same Flacco that didn't beat out Tyler Palko out at PITT in college so he transferred to Delaware, Although i did hear that Palko's dad was a big PITT boosters guy so he Palko got some leeway, Although Flacco would've had a season or 2 with Fitzgerald at PITT which could've made them a better team.

Shit, I forgot about Baldwin and Tate in seattle.

Last edited 3/12/13 8:19AM server time by iwannabesedated

Post #12   3/12/13 8:19:12AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,135-655
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sadly you clowns making fun of my boy Dalton is about the closest thing to Bengals media coverage since they lost in the playoffs

Post #13   3/12/13 9:00:37AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,907-1,502
Chips:
Giants picked up FA Cullen Jenkins from the rival Eagles. Giants defense needs a big comeback this year.

Post #14   3/12/13 4:30:51PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Giants picked up FA Cullen Jenkins from the rival Eagles. Giants defense needs a big comeback this year.

as does Eli

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #15   3/12/13 4:40:04PM   

Page 1 of 6     1     2     3     4   >>