Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Martin Kampmann wants summer fight with Tarec Saffiedine or Nick Diaz 'After GSP beats him up'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,876-1,035
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC welterweight contender Martin Kampmann doesn't have a fight lined up yet, but he has a couple of former Strikeforce fighters in mind as possible opponents.

Link

Post #1   3/11/13 11:15:55AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,075-626
Chips:
Both are cool fights, but I wonder what Diaz will do if he loses to GSP

Post #2   3/11/13 11:19:57AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Get an immediate shot at the 185 belt.

Post #3   3/11/13 11:40:19AM   

oForrestGriffino

MMA Regular

oForrestGriffino Avatar

Career:1,012-555
Chips:
Id rather see him fight Tarec. I dont think hed last long with Nick.

Post #4   3/11/13 12:45:24PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,916-1,066
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think he could take nate in three. Counter punching early and hes not going to get submitted by anyone at 170.

Post #5   3/11/13 1:00:49PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,706-1,712
Chips:
Kampmann's chances of victory IMO:
VS Tarec very high
VS Diaz Moderate
VS GSP very minimal

Post #6   3/11/13 1:05:36PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,553-1,348
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Ide like to see him face koscheck
It's crazy these two havent crossed paths yet

Post #7   3/11/13 2:56:33PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,606-913
Chips:
if Diaz loses, i'd rather him fight Robbie Lawler

Post #8   3/11/13 3:14:56PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,891-1,581
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

if Diaz loses, i'd rather him fight Robbie Lawler

Post #9   3/11/13 3:17:17PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Diaz would work Kampmann over. A fight with Saffiedine is perfect for their rankings

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   3/11/13 4:06:24PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Cry and make a video about how he had no time to train because of the media and didnt know if he was going to be fighting GSP.

In all seriousness though hopefully he doesnt retire because as obnoxious as he is he usually puts on a good show. I'd like to see him fight Lawler again

Post #11   3/11/13 4:06:52PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,306-1,232
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
All the fights mentioned in this thread would be great. I think Tarec would be a tougher fight than many people think.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #12   3/11/13 6:32:40PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,920-1,662
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by airkerma

Cry and make a video about how he had no time to train because of the media and didnt know if he was going to be fighting GSP.

In all seriousness though hopefully he doesnt retire because as obnoxious as he is he usually puts on a good show. I'd like to see him fight Lawler again

Lawler/Diaz II would be awesome.

Diaz/Kampmann makes the most sense though. I'd be happy with either fight. Tarec too.

Post #13   3/11/13 6:41:36PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,583-1,321
Chips:
I think Diaz could lose multiple fights in a row and still be a top draw in the sport. He's captivating because no one is on the fence about him, you want to see him win badly, or you want to see him lose badly. So I would hope he wouldn't retire after the GSP fight but it might depend how the fight (scorecards?) goes. He's having a shitty time trying to find opponents who will engage with him in the UFC, minus BJ, assuming GSP will attempt to use top control and ground and pound for 25 minutes. At least Kampmann would stand toe to toe. If GSP does do more than try to play it safe, and actually spends half the fight standing with Nick, I'll put my foot in my mouth (I haven't attempted it, but I will if I can), but I really can't see it happening at all.

I'd much rather see Nick in fights with people who aren't trying to win on the cards. It's been 5 years since GSP stopped someone during a round. I know there are a lot of GSP fans on here and I think he's a great ambassador for the sport and does a great job game-planning and marketing himself into a mainstream athlete, and I realize he `tries` to get finishes and dishes out the damage no doubt, but being honest with ourselves, he's all about positioning over risking a failed attempt at a finish. Do what you gotta do to win, and I don't hate on the smart game-plans from GSP, the man is extremely talented, but I prefer to see two fighters looking to finish each other when I watch MMA. I'm personally looking forward to the day when the WW title fights have strong finishers at the top of the division and not a 10-chaser for the first time in over half a decade, basically since the PG came into existence minus the Serra fights. Don't hate my view my Canadian brethren, we're being honest with ourselves right now. I know even huge GSP fans are frustrated and want to see GSP finish because of his stigma of not being a `finisher`. I hope he makes it a point to make sure he does try to get the finish this weekend, because if I have to hear judges again in a WW title fight, I'm going to have to purchase a medley of midgets and chocolate pudding to make the end of my Saturday night more enjoyable. Soooo.... basically like every Saturday night.

Post #14   3/11/13 7:22:42PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I think Diaz could lose multiple fights in a row and still be a top draw in the sport. He's captivating because no one is on the fence about him, you want to see him win badly, or you want to see him lose badly. So I would hope he wouldn't retire after the GSP fight but it might depend how the fight (scorecards?) goes. He's having a shitty time trying to find opponents who will engage with him in the UFC, minus BJ, assuming GSP will attempt to use top control and ground and pound for 25 minutes. At least Kampmann would stand toe to toe. If GSP does do more than try to play it safe, and actually spends half the fight standing with Nick, I'll put my foot in my mouth (I haven't attempted it, but I will if I can), but I really can't see it happening at all.

So Nick Diaz is essentially Tank Abbott.

Why would GSP stand with someone when he can man handle the shit out of him.

Post #15   3/12/13 1:57:13AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2