Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Michael Bisping vs. Alan Belcher (UFC 159 April 27th)

Print  
Posted By Message

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:1,713-980
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Michael Bisping and Alan Belcher have been talking a lot of smack on Twitter & YouTube with wagers both claiming they're going to knock the other out of the first round. The last time Bisping talked this much smack he got brutally knocked out by Hendo and on the flip side he does have 14 of his 23 career wins by knockout. I do however see this likely going to decision in favor of Bisping who has the better standup, but I wouldn't put a 1st round knockout for either out of the realm of possibility. I put links below to the YouTube videos.

Bisping betting everything he's got & Belcher's tattoo wager

Belcher with NFL player betting $300,000 car

Bisping re-tweeted this video calling Alan Belcher a wannabe

Bisping's response to car bet with owner of a dealership

Last edited 3/10/13 9:40PM server time by loosecannon
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   3/10/13 9:06:40PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Belcher is a proven finisher with both strikes (elbows punches and kicks) and submissions...Bisping has long been a decision boxer with good cardio gameplanning and tdd. Good match up!

Post #2   3/10/13 11:11:09PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i dont think bisping has the better stand up at all. But he has shown that he has awesome cardio and is a smarter fighter than belcher.

there is a part of me that thinks bisping takes this, but i cant pick against my boy belcher !

Post #3   3/11/13 3:36:44AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Chips:
With all the bets and bullshit thrown at one another
It has made me want to watch this fight the moat on the card

I see this going decision either man

Post #4   3/11/13 8:29:14PM   

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Chips:
The conference call got pretty heated between Bisping & Belcher today. A quote from Bisping in the exchange was "A win over me would be by far the biggest win in his pathetic career, nobody gives a f*ck about Alan Belcher, I ain't gonna lose to you its in the bag it's a formality, I'm just gonna show up slap your little face take my check & go home, you know it's coming big man"

Skip to 14:00-18:00, most the rest was Jones & Sonnen with nothing special
UFC 159 Pre-fight Media Call

Post #5   4/22/13 7:10:21PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

The conference call got pretty heated between Bisping & Belcher today. A quote from Bisping in the exchange was "A win over me would be by far the biggest win in his pathetic career, nobody gives a f*ck about Alan Belcher, I ain't gonna lose to you its in the bag it's a formality, I'm just gonna show up slap your little face take my check & go home, you know it's coming big man"

Skip to 14:00-18:00, most the rest was Jones & Sonnen with nothing special
UFC 159 Pre-fight Media Call

When bisping talks trash like that I love to see him lose even more

Post #6   4/22/13 11:34:16PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Chips:
If this doesn't end in a Dec ill be shocked

Post #7   4/23/13 7:28:18PM   

TheShaman

MMA Regular

TheShaman Avatar

Career:522-354
Chips:
Some neutral facts that may or may not be relevant... just some food for thought.

-Belcher has finished his opponents in all wins since 2009.
-Only 2 of Belcher's 18 wins have gone to decision.
-The last time Belcher was finished was in 2008, by Jason Day (TKO). He has lost two decisions since then.

-Half of Bisping's wins since 2007 were by TKO, half have been by decision.
-Half of Bisping's losses since 2009 have went the distance, half were TKO/KO.

Bisping's past 5 losses (3 Dec, 1 KO, 1 TKO): Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans

Belcher's past 5 losses (3 Dec, 1 TKO, 1 Sub): Yushin Okami, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Jason Day, Kendall Grove, Yushin Okami

Bisping's past 5 wins (3 Dec, 2 TKO): Brian Stann, Jason Miller, Jorge Rivera, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Dan Miller

Belcher's past 5 wins (2 TKO, 3 Sub): Rousimar Palhares, Jason MacDonald, Patrick Cote, Wilson Gouveia, Denis Kang

Of course there are many other factors to consider if making a prediction, but these are some interesting facts

I personally have Belcher ranked higher than most other people do, and I believe it is deserved. I have actually gained respect for Bisping over the past few years, but I think Belcher takes this one.

Post #8   4/23/13 8:29:57PM   

bsteinel

Learning to Sprawl

bsteinel Avatar

Career:1,221-711
Chips:
I think Bisping will wear on Belcher and win a UD. Belcher will fade in the later rounds.

Post #9   4/24/13 12:26:32AM   

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Chips:
You can't even count really count Bisping's close decision losses to Chael Sonnen, Wandy, & Rashad (split) as they were all controversial. The only real 2 losses were to Hendo & Vitor and they're both on TRT.

Post #10   4/24/13 9:27:00AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

You can't even count really count Bisping's close decision losses to Chael Sonnen, Wandy, & Rashad

Nope. Pretty sure those count.

The only real 2 losses were to Hendo & Vitor and they're both on TRT.

Those count too.

With that said Bisping has all of the tools to beat Belcher, and most likely will.

Post #11   4/24/13 10:38:22AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by LooseCannon

You can't even count really count Bisping's close decision losses to Chael Sonnen, Wandy, & Rashad

Nope. Pretty sure those count.

The only real 2 losses were to Hendo & Vitor and they're both on TRT.

Those count too.

With that said Bisping has all of the tools to beat Belcher, and most likely will.

For reals. How does the fight with Wand not count? He basically lost 3 times in that fight via sub (guillotine) tko (punches) and then decision (unanimous). Not to mention in the Chael fight, Chael ate a nasty head butt as a result of a bob and weave on the fence.

Post #12   4/24/13 11:28:05AM   

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Chips:
Those fights were razor close & others in the media had Bisping winning as well. Sherdog (Mike Fridley) scored Bisping over Wandy & Chael himself thought he lost to Bisping as well as MMAWeekly & Sherdog (TJ DeSantis). My point is that a tossup decision isn't a true loss & obviously the UFC thought so to giving Bisping a fighter coming off a win in Brian Stann.

Post #13   4/24/13 7:43:13PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by LooseCannon

Those fights were razor close & others in the media had Bisping winning as well. Sherdog (Mike Fridley) scored Bisping over Wandy & Chael himself thought he lost to Bisping as well as MMAWeekly & Sherdog (TJ DeSantis). My point is that a tossup decision isn't a true loss & obviously the UFC thought so to giving Bisping a fighter coming off a win in Brian Stann.

I get what you are saying but my point is that there is a difference between losing a fight and losing "stock" as a fighter. It is not debateable according to the judges, Bisping did not do enough to win the above mentioned fights, and that is a fair statement. The UFC didn't give Bisping the Brian Stann fight because they thought that he should have won against Sonnen, they gave it to him because losing to Chael Sonnen who was the consensus #2 MW in the world in a closely contested fight shouldn't send a fighter's value or ranking for that matter plummeting. All of his losses are "true" losses, and his official record reflects that, it's just important to remember that sometimes a fighter can prove their worth even in defeat.

Last edited 4/25/13 1:00AM server time by adrenaline
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #14   4/25/13 12:55:58AM