Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Alabama Football

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
Forrest Gump put them on the map.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   11/1/12 6:32:44PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
and they can beat NFL teams according to Steve Spurrier

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   11/1/12 6:35:16PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:
Possably the Jets

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   11/1/12 6:36:38PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Possably the Jets

nah the Jets have potential to win. Jacksonville doesn't

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   11/1/12 6:44:54PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

Possably the Jets

nah the Jets have potential to win. Jacksonville doesn't

Not gonna lie. But I was thinkin Jacksonville before the Jets

Post #5   11/1/12 6:48:13PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
IM a Jacksonville fan and I do believe Alabama would beat the Jags....I dont think the Jags Oline would be dominant like they should over a college team...

Post #6   11/1/12 8:33:21PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,311-835
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

IM a Jacksonville fan and I do believe Alabama would beat the Jags....I dont think the Jags Oline would be dominant like they should over a college team...

That's hilarious.

But seriously, Alabama wouldn't beat the 2008 Detroit Lions.

Post #7   11/1/12 8:43:49PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Anyone who believes the best college team can beat the worst pro team doesn't know shit about the sport. Spurrier just wanted some attention and to create buzz.

The same stuff was going on with Kentucky (NCAAM) and Charlotte (NBA) last year.

Last edited 11/1/12 8:54PM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   11/1/12 8:53:35PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:1,113-790
Chips:
I can't wait till Bama loses. I hate them with all my might. That being said I do own an Alabama shirt and it is a Forrest Gump t-shirt jersey

Post #9   11/1/12 8:56:04PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,004-1,312
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Anyone who believes the best college team can beat the worst pro team doesn't know shit about the sport. Spurrier just wanted some attention and to create buzz.

The same stuff was going on with Kentucky (NCAAM) and Charlotte (NBA) last year.

I gotta agree with this

Post #10   11/1/12 8:59:11PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by kingsmasher

That's hilarious.

But seriously, Alabama wouldn't beat the 2008 Detroit Lions.

but they would beat the 2012 Hamilton Tiger Cats

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #11   11/2/12 12:21:39AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Actually I know this and have had this discussion...but last year Alabama had 9 starters on defense go pro....the others were undergrads...

The reason they say that the worst team in the NFL would beat the best in college is due to size on the Oline and Dline...

I know the Jags backwards and forwards..Not to mention you get small school Division 2 layers doesnt help...Not saying Jags would win or lose but we will never know....You can argue your opinion all day...But the Jags are extremely weak at the Oline...

Of course the Jags should win but I said I doubt the Jags offense unit would score...Especially without MJD...

I think Bama would score...their Oline is bigger than most NFLs

Years ago when this came out college guys were not as big as NFL guys...These days they hit the weight rooms early....Back then the guys on Oline were the size of a TE today...

but to be more clear Spurrier was talking about the team on how they run their offense....Not like most college teams that run the spread Alabama is close to an NFL team in all phases of play calling...

Last edited 11/2/12 12:47AM server time by kingsmasher
3 total post edits

Post #12   11/2/12 12:30:35AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:
Heres a link to the Oline and Depth chart of Alabama

Depth Chart

These guys can very well hang with some of the teams in the NFL

Not one guy under 300.....Spurrier knows what hes talking bout..Some of these guys would simply blow smaller defenses off the line...

Look at the defense side too...Cant just mouth off...

Um basketball comparisons too Lebron came outta high school..dunking on guys much older..IN other sports its actually easier to match up...

Football is the hardest...

Last edited 11/2/12 12:39AM server time by kingsmasher

Post #13   11/2/12 12:37:17AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

The O-line is essentially 5 player, 6 in formations including the TE. You have 11 players on the field. If the argument is that their O-line can hang.. yes.. probably for 1 quarter or a half. Can they beat an NFL team? Never! I know Alabama, I'm an UGA grad student and follow football (both play and recruiting). I'm not "mouthing off" as you suggest. I know they have X or Y numbers of players than went, are going, and will be going to the pros, and that they still have a lot of that talent on the bench (or redshirting for that matter). But is the entire team going pro? No. The Jaguars/Chiefs/Panthers/etc. rosters are 100% Pro-level athletes. No way an amateur team (in this case college) can beat them. Also, size doesn't equal performance. You can have all your team at 300 and is not granted that they will dominate smaller defenses. I've seen this myself. Look at the SI article from 2011 about Offensive Line weighs ( LINK ). UGA had the heaviest (#1 baby!) OL in the nation (both College and Pro) and I saw multiple times how smaller guys swept the floor with them and how the pocket collapsed play after play. So being heavy doesn't instantly translate to being good.

There was a really interesting comment in radio today. Something around the lines of why the NFL spreads rarely go over 16.5. Because all teams are on a pro-level and the worst team always have a chance to beat the best team no matter how much they are sucking at the moment.

I get that you are frustrated with the Jaguars. Again, the offensive line hang up? yeah...probably. Is AJ McCarron going to be able to read an NFL defense? Are the Bama defensive backs going to be able to keep up with the NFL receiver speed and strength in more complex routes? Are the Bama WR going to be able to get separation from NFL caliber defensive backs? How many hits are the Bama RBs going to handle from bigger and stronger ILBs with 6+ years of NFL play?

At the end is a team sport.

-----
Lebron?. yeah, straight from high school and a freak of nature, but is just one guy. Doesn't mean that his High School team would beat any NBA team.

Post #14   11/2/12 1:20:15AM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:2,867-1,662
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:
just bc a college player will go pro does not make him a pro when he is in college. even a team as deep as Bama would lose to any awful pro team.

Post #15   11/2/12 5:35:42AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3