Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Aurora, CO memorials

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
Link

Does anyone else here really believe in this shit?

I'll spare my dramatic thoughts, but these people are sick. Maybe some residents of Colorado should make human rings around the memorials so those bastards can't get in, like all those Aggies did for that Marine in Texas.

Thoughts?

Post #1   7/27/12 3:09:22PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,237-808
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Wow.

I can already see violence happening because of this.

Some people are just plain ignorant

Post #2   7/27/12 3:13:50PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i would like to read the WBC's idea on this subject. dont get me wrong, these people are the scum of the earth but i would be curious to see how they justify it. these people are IMO one step away from becoming a DANGEROUS religious extremist group. even if they dont commit any dangerous crimes of their own, they will certainly attract violent retaliation if this shit continues.

Post #3   7/27/12 3:16:30PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i would like to read the WBC's idea on this subject. dont get me wrong, these people are the scum of the earth but i would be curious to see how they justify it. these people are IMO one step away from becoming a DANGEROUS religious extremist group. even if they dont commit any dangerous crimes of their own, they will certainly attract violent retaliation if this shit continues.

Dude just read the article....enough is said there......they believe "God sent the shooter" and "thank God for the shooter".

By the way MOD's, I'm not trying to start a religious debate, if this thread goes that direction.....feel free to shut it down.

Post #4   7/27/12 3:19:18PM   

BuffaloDave

Heavyweight Champ

BuffaloDave Avatar

Career:909-516
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It's sad that they're protected by the 1st Amendment. WBC will spin any tragedy into ways to get their beliefs spread.

Really wish I had the money to follow those scumbags around to build human shields blocking them from their picket parties.

Last edited 7/27/12 3:27PM server time by buffalodave
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   7/27/12 3:25:45PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,275-1,280
Chips:

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by tcunningham

Dude just read the article....enough is said there......they believe "God sent the shooter" and "thank God for the shooter".

By the way MOD's, I'm not trying to start a religious debate, if this thread goes that direction.....feel free to shut it down.

I wouldn't worry to much, if there is one thing that people of all religions and political stripes agree on its that Westboro Baptist Church represents all that is wrong with society.

Post #6   7/27/12 3:36:32PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Chips:
What's really fucked up is that eventually, WBC is gonna get a violent reaction and the people that react are gonna be punished.

Sorry guys this is how I feel....you can't poke a tiger with a stick and then get pissed off when it mauls you.....that's what I feel like is gonna happen when people finally say "enough"

Post #7   7/27/12 3:39:18PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,605-1,426
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

The problem is that headlines like this just call attention to how stupid religion is in general. People can use their "god" to justify anything: genocide, murder, discrimination, anything.

Say what you will about science, but I can't recall anyone picketing someones funeral in the name of science.

Post #8   7/27/12 3:46:55PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:
heres hoping the group of bikers that usually show up when these guys picket make the trip as well. I used to love reading about the bikers that would help out the soldiers proceedings by keeping these assholes quiet.

Post #9   7/27/12 3:50:29PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,275-1,280
Chips:

What's really fucked up is that eventually, WBC is gonna get a violent reaction and the people that react are gonna be punished.

This is how the "Church" continues to function. They have a small amount of rich donors, but most of their funding comes from the lawsuits they file and win when people lash out at them for their ridiculous demonstrations.

Post #10   7/27/12 3:54:36PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,201
Chips:
Are you kidding me? These people are spreading false gospel. They use Gods name for their own agenda and that's a huge no no. I know tons of religious peeps and I even went to a Catholic School for a time and I've never heard any of them use God to validate genocide, murder, war etc. If I was just looking at their pics I would assume they were denouncing God as false and spreading the word of the "church" of Satan. What are they gonna do next, claim god wants children sexually abused? Fucking scum I say and that's being kind so I don't get banned

Post #11   7/27/12 4:00:40PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
with all the shooting/killing sprees that have happened lately, its a god damn shame none of them have been towards the westboro baptist church and its members

(brain washed children excluded)

Post #12   7/27/12 5:58:56PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,641-896
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Fred Phelps is a terrible human being.

Post #13   7/27/12 6:19:45PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:

Posted by papercut

heres hoping the group of bikers that usually show up when these guys picket make the trip as well. I used to love reading about the bikers that would help out the soldiers proceedings by keeping these assholes quiet.

they are called the patriot guard riders. they are an awesome group of people. my parents are a part of them. while i was at war they toured the country sticking up for people that couldnt like our fallen warriors and victims of shooting like what happened in CO.

Post #14   7/27/12 7:49:48PM   

VILLIN

Human/Sloth Hybrid

VILLIN Avatar

Career:1,848-1,065
Chips:
These people are real life trolls. All they want is the attention that is heaped upon them while they do this deplorable nonsense. I doubt they even believe the vile crap they spew, it is just their way of spreading awareness of their church to the public.

Post #15   7/27/12 9:11:57PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2