Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

James Thompson Goes On Tirade After Disputed KSW 17 Loss to Mariusz Pudzianowsk

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
James Thompson, who is most famous for his fight with Kimbo Slice in EliteXC, just cut one of the craziest post-fight interviews you'll ever see after his loss to Mariusz Pudzianowski today. Pudzian was granted a majority decision win after two rounds, despite Thompson controlling the first round quite easily. KSW fights generally only go two rounds, but if the rounds are split, they go to an overtime round. Everyone expected that to be the case here, but apparently not.

After Pudzianowski spoke to the crowd, Thompson took the mic and went off on a profanity-laced tirade against the promotion, which ended with Thompson actually cornering the promoter and yelling at him. The camera cut away before he was done, but he actually ended up tossing the mic at him.

LINK

Post #1   11/27/11 2:29:15PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:
Oh shit. Sounds like a case of terrible judging again. Glad I got the 11 points though.

Post #2   11/27/11 2:58:07PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i think the joke is james thompson being a PROFESSIONAL fighter. ok so he got robbed (i didnt watch it so its just an assumption), but acting like that is ridiculous. martin kampman got robbed against diego and he didnt blame the ufc or act like a jerk. thompson accomplished nothing by this tirade except probably getting himself kicked out of the organization. c'mon man, have some class. i dont wanna come off as fighter bashing but being a professional is more than just being a good fighter imo

Post #3   11/27/11 3:56:44PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Thompson's no world beater but he's no joke either. Sounds just as bad as his "loss" to Kimbo... you know after he made Kimbo tapout to a guillotine and the referee refused to do anything about it.

Post #4   11/27/11 5:10:12PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i think the joke is james thompson being a PROFESSIONAL fighter. ok so he got robbed (i didnt watch it so its just an assumption), but acting like that is ridiculous. martin kampman got robbed against diego and he didnt blame the ufc or act like a jerk. thompson accomplished nothing by this tirade except probably getting himself kicked out of the organization. c'mon man, have some class. i dont wanna come off as fighter bashing but being a professional is more than just being a good fighter imo

in all fairness, the difference between that organization and the ufc is tremendous. Kampmann got robbed against Diego by incompetent judges, Thompson got straight cheated by the promoters.

Considering that 3 matches that night had questionable decisions in a way that favored the home town fighter, i think he has every right to speak hismind.

Post #5   11/27/11 5:25:59PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I feel really bad for Thompson....

that Kimbo fight still makes me sick. I've never been so ashamed of this sport before. There are bad decisions but I can usually just blame that on the incompetent boxing judges. When a promotion screws a fighter it makes me mad.

Post #6   11/27/11 5:37:23PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:
I had no clue what he said.

Post #7   11/27/11 5:57:15PM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Career:471-314
Chips:
Thompson was robbed, this is the worst decision I have ever seen in MMA.

Post #8   11/27/11 6:37:33PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:

Posted by decken

Really? I think we're at like a 20 way tie for 1st place.

Post #9   11/27/11 6:38:49PM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Career:471-314
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by decken

Really? I think we're at like a 20 way tie for 1st place.

I say it is the worst just because it was only two rounds most fights have 3 rounds for the judges to f-up.

Post #10   11/27/11 6:45:10PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,225-1,198
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by tcunningham

in all fairness, the difference between that organization and the ufc is tremendous. Kampmann got robbed against Diego by incompetent judges, Thompson got straight cheated by the promoters.

Considering that 3 matches that night had questionable decisions in a way that favored the home town fighter, i think he has every right to speak hismind.

I feel really bad for Thompson.... that Kimbo fight still makes me sick. I've never been so ashamed of this sport before. There are bad decisions but I can usually just blame that on the incompetent boxing judges. When a promotion screws a fighter it makes me mad.

I agree

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #11   11/27/11 6:49:01PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,336-1,398
Chips:
man did some of u guys watch the fight before u commentd..he seriously got robbd w/o a doubt..

Post #12   11/27/11 6:52:06PM