Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fights to make after UFC 133

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Career:8-3
Chips:
Of course the main one is Jones/Rampage vs. Rashad.

I dont think Belfort should be thrown in there with Silva again just yet. I would still rather see a Sonnen/Silva rematch.

But I think Belfort vs. Ebersole would be a great matchup.

Rory MacDonald vs Jon Fitch, I would love to see that one. Winner faces winner of GSP/Diaz, which will probably be GSP.

Gustafsson vs Phil Davis. This needs to be signed NOW.

Chad Mendes vs. Pettis/Hominick/loser of Edgar/Maynard. all of them would be great matchups. I dont think he should be thrown in there with either Aldo or Cruz just yet though. I think he would have a better shot at either Edgar or Maynard to be honest.

But yea.. I wish I could make the fights. There would never be a dull moment lol.

Post #1   8/7/11 12:54:57AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by NickJames

Post #2   8/7/11 1:00:49AM   

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by NickJames

Did you not see Gustafsson? He trains with Bad Boy over there with Shogun. The guy has lethal combinations. A very good up and comer. He destroyed Hamill in that 2nd round.

Phil Davis is another great up and comer.. both of them are very long and tall. I know having them fight now will knock a potential rising star back but the LHW division is packed anyways.. eventually you have to pit the guys together.

Post #3   8/7/11 1:13:04AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Davis already beat Guss.

Ebersole is WW and Vitor is MW

Not trying to be a downer, just trying to help point out stuff.

Post #4   8/7/11 1:22:09AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by NickJames

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by NickJames

Did you not see Gustafsson? He trains with Bad Boy over there with Shogun. The guy has lethal combinations. A very good up and comer. He destroyed Hamill in that 2nd round.

Phil Davis is another great up and comer.. both of them are very long and tall. I know having them fight now will knock a potential rising star back but the LHW division is packed anyways.. eventually you have to pit the guys together.

I'm well aware of Gustafsson's abilities. The confusion is because Davis already beat him last year.

Post #5   8/7/11 1:22:14AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by NickJames

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by NickJames

I'm well aware of Gustafsson's abilities. The confusion is because Davis already beat him last year.

Very convincingly as well.

Post #6   8/7/11 1:27:08AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NickJames

Of course the main one is Jones/Rampage vs. Rashad.

I dont think Belfort should be thrown in there with Silva again just yet. I would still rather see a Sonnen/Silva rematch.

But I think Belfort vs. Ebersole would be a great matchup.

Rory MacDonald vs Jon Fitch, I would love to see that one. Winner faces winner of GSP/Diaz, which will probably be GSP.

Chad Mendes vs. Pettis/Hominick/loser of Edgar/Maynard. all of them would be great matchups. I dont think he should be thrown in there with either Aldo or Cruz just yet though. I think he would have a better shot at either Edgar or Maynard to be honest.

But yea.. I wish I could make the fights. There would never be a dull moment lol.

Also Belfort and Ebersole are in different weight classes and for Chad Mendes you covered 3 different weight classes. Mendes is a Featherweight and wouldn't fight Cruz, Edgar, Pettis, or Maynard. The Hominick fight is always a possibility though.

Post #7   8/7/11 1:30:30AM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by NickJames

I'm even more about this...

Post #8   8/7/11 1:31:01AM   

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Chips:
I actually didn't know Davis and Gustafsson had already fought.

Regardless, I think Gustafsson/Davis II would be interesting considering how much Gustafsson keeps improving.

Maybe Gustafsson/Machida or Davis/Machida.

And I know that I covered 3 different weight classes when thinking of opponents for Mendes.. but it really isn't hard for them to make and cut that small amount of weight difference. Think about it.

And Vitor vs Ebersole would be a great matchup at MW.

Ya'll are very nit-picky with the weight issues lol. You do know fighters cut and gain weight for fights every single card, right?

Post #9   8/7/11 1:40:59AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:832-583
Chips:
this post = epic fail

but nice attempt

Post #10   8/7/11 1:43:19AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Chips:
I wouldn't mind seeing Vitor fight the winner of the August 27th fight between Dan Miller and Rousimar Palhares. Miller is a work horse, constantly moving, while Palhares is on another planet with his leg submissions. Leg locks, ankle locks, and kneebars are all his specialties. Both these fighters would be interesting matchups for Belfort

Last edited 8/7/11 1:48AM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   8/7/11 1:47:37AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NickJames

I actually didn't know Davis and Gustafsson had already fought.

Regardless, I think Gustafsson/Davis II would be interesting considering how much Gustafsson keeps improving.

Maybe Gustafsson/Machida or Davis/Machida.

And I know that I covered 3 different weight classes when thinking of opponents for Mendes.. but it really isn't hard for them to make and cut that small amount of weight difference. Think about it.

And Vitor vs Ebersole would be a great matchup at MW.

Ya'll are very nit-picky with the weight issues lol. You do know fighters cut and gain weight for fights every single card, right?

And you know fighters don't just jump around weight divisions right? Mendes is arguably the top contender at FW, why would he fight anywhere other than FW? And 10 pounds might not seem much but when you're a grown man that weighs 135-170 pounds cutting 10 pounds is a significant percentage of your weight.

Post #12   8/7/11 1:48:12AM   

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

this post = epic fail

but nice attempt

Lol, I don't really see how its a fail other than the fact Gustafsson and Davis have fought. I'm sure it isn't too uncommon for someone to overlook a fight of two people who haven't even made a name for themselves yet.

And between 135-155 there is 3 weight divisions.. Chad Mendes is currently sitting at 145.. I think its safe to say he could fight in all 3 divisions, and I don't think going for Aldo would be the smartest choice at this point for him.

Ebersole is built like a MW.

And Jon Fitch vs Rory MacDonald would be striaght awesome.

But yea, my bad about not noticing gustafsson and davis have fought.

I didn't think it would blow up into the only thing noticed in this thread lol.

Post #13   8/7/11 1:51:32AM   

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I wouldn't mind seeing Vitor fight the winner of the August 27th fight between Dan Miller and Rousimar Palhares. Miller is a work horse, constantly moving, while Palhares is on another planet with his leg submissions. Leg locks, ankle locks, and kneebars are all his specialties. Both these fighters would be interesting matchups for Belfort

Nice.. There is alot of good possible match ups for Vitor. I think it all boils down to just wanting to see Vitor fight again lol.

Post #14   8/7/11 1:58:13AM   

NickJames

Learning to Sprawl

NickJames Avatar

Chips:
Yeah, but the time fighters are given to cut said weight is 9 times out of 10 well enough time.

Its all about match-ups.. Right now I dont think Mendes stands a chance with Aldo. I think it would be much smarter on his part to get a big name fight with someone else at LW or BW.

But thats just my opinion.

Post #15   8/7/11 2:03:06AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2