Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rashad Evans Responds to Jon Jones on Twitter

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
No.1 contender Rashad Evans responds to UFC Light-Heavyweight champ and former training partner Jon Jones claims of constantly getting the better of Rashad in training at Greg Jackson's MMA. Jones told ESPN.com that he had several times to finish Evans during pratice but never did out of respect. Rashad Evan tweets:

LINK

Post #1   4/16/11 9:02:13AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Rashad isn't a very good trash talker on twitter.

Post #2   4/16/11 11:21:22AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:904-633
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I dont know who to believe, but I am looking foward to this whenever it happens...

You would think the better pedigree wrestler would win, and I think that is Rashad, also Rashad can take down HW's, but Jones manhandles top wrestlers, (Hammil would prolly suffer the same defeat in a rematch even without the shoulder injury) and even as an inexperienced striker, Jones crazy moves and reach make him look like a confindent kickboxing champ

I think Rashad was convinced by Trevor Whitman to challenge Jones, because Rashads family income was at stake. If Rashad thought he could make more money having rematches or co main event fights like Forrest or Shogun, he would.

If Rashad loses to Jones, Rashad could have to drop down or he could get two losses in a row and get cut like everyone else- big risk

but I think he feels he can close the distance with that crazy pressure-head bobbing, clinch and get a takedown on Jones. or land a big right hand. I think that is Rashads best strategy to close the distance, staying on the outside wont work well against Jones with the huge reach.

Post #3   4/16/11 11:21:53AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jay98107

Rashad isn't a very good trash talker on twitter.

Rashad isnt a very good trash talker...period

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   4/16/11 12:23:23PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think most of this is the UFC pushing them toward a rivalry.

Post #5   4/16/11 1:10:17PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I think most of this is the UFC pushing them toward a rivalry.

Its the media thats driving this. The UFC doesnt have to do anything. All the media has to do is ask Jones a question and he opens his mouth and Rashad is made to look like a bitch if he doesnt respond.

Post #6   4/16/11 2:19:43PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I am planning on going to back to back events in sept and oct
Chances look good I will see this fight

Back in feb I had little interest in this
But now in april and come the fall. Another 5 months of trash talk
Will hype this fight up big
I hope I see it now live

Post #7   4/16/11 3:54:03PM   

d1rtyyyynacho

Learning to Sprawl

d1rtyyyynacho Avatar

Career:124-104
Camp: DGK
Chips:
Haha! Jon Jones reply is priceless! #cmonson

Post #8   4/16/11 4:55:22PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I dont know who to believe, but I am looking foward to this whenever it happens...

You would think the better pedigree wrestler would win, and I think that is Rashad, also Rashad can take down HW's, but Jones manhandles top wrestlers, (Hammil would prolly suffer the same defeat in a rematch even without the shoulder injury) and even as an inexperienced striker, Jones crazy moves and reach make him look like a confindent kickboxing champ

I think Rashad was convinced by Trevor Whitman to challenge Jones, because Rashads family income was at stake. If Rashad thought he could make more money having rematches or co main event fights like Forrest or Shogun, he would.

If Rashad loses to Jones, Rashad could have to drop down or he could get two losses in a row and get cut like everyone else- big risk

but I think he feels he can close the distance with that crazy pressure-head bobbing, clinch and get a takedown on Jones. or land a big right hand. I think that is Rashads best strategy to close the distance, staying on the outside wont work well against Jones with the huge reach.

They arent cutting Rashad for the next three years I bet..Actually Jones and Rashad could end up as a movie one day...intriguing story use to be buddies, now really hate each other....Epic trilogy froming here..

Would be crazy if Evans got lucky with a punch and won...I bet Jones wins 9 outta 10 but to lose the first would be crazy money for the UFC....conspiracy is coming...

Post #9   4/16/11 7:59:42PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
OH YEAH things are heating up between these two

Post #10   4/16/11 11:47:27PM