Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Star Diego Sanchez Wants to Coach TUF Against Nick Diaz

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
In the aftermath of Nick Diaz' epic victory over Paul Daley to retain his Strikeforce welterweight belt, Diego Sanchez took to Twitter to propose that he and Diaz should be the next coaches of The Ultimate Fighter.

If you support me and my idea for me and nickdiaz as tuf coaches please let @lorenzofertitta @danawhite @ufc know this would be true war. -Sanchez

@jimmykahn Zuffa can do what ever makes $$$ I like this fight it motivates us both very much he hates me and I like beating the bad guy. -Sanchez

LINK

Post #1   4/11/11 3:17:56PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Chips:
I'm not interested in the slightest. Nick Diaz on my tv screen doing anything but fighting is just not appealing to me. Same with Sanchez. They're both great fighters but personality wise, just no.

Post #2   4/11/11 3:58:43PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I would actually like to see this but I think Dana doesn't want to make it into a twilight zone series with the ramblings of Nick Diaz...

Post #3   4/11/11 4:20:57PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:
This is one of the craziest ideas and it would be pure entertainment.

two problems here:

1- i dont know how much coaching the fighters on the show would actually get with these two going at it.

2- it would be strange for a bunch of guys fighting for a contract in the UFC to be coached by a guy who isn't in the UFC himself.

Post #4   4/11/11 5:31:05PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
I would much rather see Sonnen vs Bisping

Post #5   4/11/11 6:14:28PM   

Makaveli158

Learning to Sprawl

Makaveli158 Avatar

Career:387-311
Camp: /r/mma
Chips:
Nick would be a good coach. There are some videos on youtube of him demonstrating jiujitsu moves and he seems like he has the teaching spirit when it comes to that.

However, Nick wouldn't do it. It would take away from his own training time. It would put the cameras on him. He wouldn't like that. Hell, he skips half of his press conferences and media workout, how the heck would he show up consistently for the show?

Dana White wouldn't do it either. I love Nick but his interviews are almost unbearable to even me, nonetheless a casual fan. He would not appeal to a large audience on TUF. Diego is popular, but I don't think he has the personality to really drive the show.

Besides, I think Nick beats Diego quite easily. Their first match was at 155 and that was years and years ago. Nick would probably knock out Diego or submit him. Diegos best chance would be to utilize his wrestling, but I just don't see that working out for him like it did in their first meeting.

As far as fights go for Diaz vs UFC WW's... I'd like to see him vs Fitch, Penn, Kampmann, Alves, Condit...... If you want to put Diaz against a wrestler put him against Koscheck and see how well he does in comparison to how well Daley did.

Not too interested in Diaz vs Sanchez other than the fact Diaz would get a shot to redeem his loss.

Post #6   4/11/11 6:25:54PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,889-1,010
Chips:
Yea I am becoming A huge Diaz fan because he is beyond exciting, but I hate his interviews so I would hate him on Tuf. A season full of him telling us how he is under payed and Gsp is overrated 0_o.

Last edited 4/11/11 10:02PM server time by quezocrema0032
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   4/11/11 10:01:51PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
That would be the best choices you could ever have !!! ...ever in UFC history, but Diaz isnt in the ufc yet. his interviews are horrible,
but I think TUF would be a good atmosphere to promote Diaz. to showcase Diaz and his behavior, because he doesnt have to be interviewed, the individual comments on fights are few and far between, i think he complains in interviews but in a natural setting maybe he would act like he does in private. there would be a lot of drama though, and i think it would be entertaining.

Last edited 4/11/11 10:44PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   4/11/11 10:36:37PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Makaveli158
Besides, I think Nick beats Diego quite easily. Their first match was at 155 and that was years and years ago.

Their first fight was at 170.

I'd definately watch.

Post #9   4/12/11 12:12:25AM   

Makaveli158

Learning to Sprawl

Makaveli158 Avatar

Career:387-311
Camp: /r/mma
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Makaveli158
Besides, I think Nick beats Diego quite easily. Their first match was at 155 and that was years and years ago.

Their first fight was at 170.

I'd definately watch.

You are right. Interestingly though, both Diego and Diaz's body/muscular structure has evolved since then. Diaz has grown into his frame, Diego doesn't even look like the same person. He recently posted a pic on twitter, he looks a lot better around the waist now since the Kampmann fight....now he just needs to grow some hair back!!

Post #10   4/12/11 11:19:48AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Have to admit, that would be awesome. Two very strong personalities that make for good tv, and a fight I would most certainly look forward to.

Not sure how agreeable Diaz would be though. He just seems very determined to go against the grain, and not do what "the man" tells him to.

Post #11   4/12/11 3:04:33PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,426-871
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I want to say that Nick Diaz would never do this in his life. However, Brock Lesnar had similar reservations, and was persuaded to go to Vegas and do the show. This was allegedly in exchange for a place for him and his family and truckloads of cash.And we know Diaz has been looking for those truckloads of cash to pull up to his door......

And yeah, he probably would want to avenge that loss to Diego. I would almost guarantee Diaz stomps "The Dream" into the Land of Nod if they do it again.

Post #12   4/12/11 5:57:34PM