Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ultimate Fighter coach Brock Lesnar was 'a beast' training with Xtreme Couture

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's tough to determine how a fighter will deal with a loss, especially one that is particularly devastating or embarrassing. Such was the nature of Brock Lesnar's defeat at the hands of Cain Velasquez at UFC 121, where "Brown Pride" had the big man doing cartwheels in the middle of the cage.

Not only did Velasquez take his heavyweight title, he had the entire martial arts world thinking Brock might pack his bags and head back to the scripted world of pro wrasslin'.

After such a desolating loss, it's difficult to blame anyone for thinking as much. It's natural to wonder how a former champion will react to losing his strap, specifically in the manner in which he lost it.

Article

Post #1   4/3/11 10:12:35AM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Career:471-314
Chips:
Can't click on link do to accolades.

Last edited 4/3/11 12:35PM server time by decken
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   4/3/11 12:35:41PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
Well if this is true and not just "good press" like the article somewhat suggests than more power to Brock...He needs to start spreading his wings and getting the experience in training with other top level guys...the only thing that would concern me would be the lack of striking training being mentioned...mainly defense. But if he's working with Randy then we can assume there is some good gameplanning being discussed. And Brocks lack of standup is the OTHER 300 LB elephant in the room.

Post #3   4/3/11 1:02:02PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Chips:

Posted by sclasclemski

Well if this is true and not just "good press" like the article somewhat suggests than more power to Brock...He needs to start spreading his wings and getting the experience in training with other top level guys...the only thing that would concern me would be the lack of striking training being mentioned...mainly defense. But if he's working with Randy then we can assume there is some good gameplanning being discussed. And Brocks lack of standup is the OTHER 300 LB elephant in the room.

Whether anyone thinks Brock as a fighter may be over-rated, I think his BJJ game is under-rated. He manhandled Mir in their rematch, who is one of the strongest grapplers in the HW division. He subbed Carwin with that arm triangle too. He definitely needs to focus heavy on his striking for this bout, and all other bouts in the future. He is good in all other areas.

Last edited 4/3/11 2:12PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   4/3/11 2:10:26PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Holy ****, is it just me or does Brock look like he has thinned down a lot?

Post #5   4/3/11 2:31:17PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Holy ****, is it just me or does Brock look like he has thinned down a lot?

Either that or Vitor is much bigger than i thought

Post #6   4/3/11 4:03:27PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
Welll you got to remember Vitor did start out as a HW...He has a solid frame...just a matter of how much muscle he had packed on top of it...but either way I think it prob is safe to say Brock has slimmed a little to give himself a little more striking agility...it would make sense to me anyway.

Post #7   4/3/11 8:47:57PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Randy Couture was saying the same thing before the Valesquez fight. Training is good and all, but doesn't mean anything if you can't take a punch. I'll admit, I do hate on Lesnar a little too much due to his hardcore WWE/UFC fans. But, you never know when a camp is telling their true opinions are just hyping up a fighter. I'll believe what I see in the cage. At first I wanted to see Junior smash his face in, but now I just want him to win by late TKO or decision.

Post #8   4/3/11 10:39:58PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Chips:
damn the link isn't working anymore

Post #9   4/3/11 11:11:59PM