Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Breaking news: Where are the posts??

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,622-990
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I started posting news on the playground while I was at work because I noticed that it just wasn't happening very quickly. As it stands right now, it's almost 9am Pacific time, and there is a bundle of new news/articles on a whole host of MMA sites.

But they aren't being posted on the playground! One thought I had on how we can bring more traffic to the site is to improve the rate at which the news is posted. As most of us know, this is the place to be for fantasy MMA. I am sure there are other sites that do it, but I've never been to them and never will. And if we stay on top of the news, we can make MMAPlayground the one MMA website an enthusiast would need to visit.

Think about it! If you knew you could get the breaking news from mmajunkie, mmafighting, mmaweekly, bloodyelbow, mmamania, etc, all from MMAPlayground in a timely fashion, you wouldn't need to go anywhere but here! People wouldn't feel the need to create accounts at other websites because the Playground will have the news when it breaks, five minutes after the story breaks not 5 hours.

Just a thought! I want to see this site thrive and I know everyone reading this feels the same way.

Last edited 2/1/11 12:01PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/1/11 11:59:28AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I'm down for it

Post #2   2/1/11 2:40:43PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Breaking news: Some of us have lives, jobs, etc. and can't be on the net 24/7.

Post #3   2/1/11 6:05:48PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Says the guy with 10553 posts.

Post #4   2/1/11 6:17:48PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by DCRage

Who isn't even a mod... I like your work DCRage, you are all over the playground. I also have a life, job, fiancee, etc. Which is why I prefaced all that by stating I primarily post at work.

I was just voicing an opinion/ constructive criticism, not directed towards anyone. I just feel like the traffic seems down, views/replies on the forum look down, etc... I would love for this site to blow up and have the logo on fighters shorts and ****.. I got high hopes, maybe I am just an idealistic newcomer

Post #5   2/1/11 8:16:22PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I was just voicing an opinion/ constructive criticism, not directed towards anyone. I just feel like the traffic seems down, views/replies on the forum look down, etc... I would love for this site to blow up and have the logo on fighters shorts and ****.. I got high hopes, maybe I am just an idealistic newcomer

If you build it, they will come!

Post #6   2/1/11 9:36:02PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:
I would love it. I wonder how much it would be to sponsor a fighter, be it Bellator, Strikeforce, Dream, Sengoku, UFC, MFC etc...

Post #7   2/1/11 11:37:11PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by DCRage

Who isn't even a mod... I like your work DCRage, you are all over the playground. I also have a life, job, fiancee, etc. Which is why I prefaced all that by stating I primarily post at work.

I get you, dude. I wouldn't worry about the negative comments regarding your post. Many of us are trying to get the playground back to where it was when we first joined. I know the mods and site admins are listening and working on their own ways to get things going as well.

Post #8   2/2/11 3:29:51AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by DCRage

I actually was a mod here a couple years ago and people still think I am one. Obviously Im not on as much as I used to be since the only PC access I have at my current job is for work-related purposes.
I wouldn't say traffic for the site as a whole is down (there are still a lot of people browsing the site as guests, especially during UFC events), although I don't disagree with the thought that participation in the game is down-that to some extent I agree with (primary league). There certainly aren't as many Premium Members as there used to be, which reduces the prizes available for the game, but part of that probably is the economy and not as much money going around.

Last edited 2/2/11 8:46AM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   2/2/11 8:46:18AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,897-1,500
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by DCRage

I actually was a mod here a couple years ago and people still think I am one. Obviously Im not on as much as I used to be since the only PC access I have at my current job is for work-related purposes.
I wouldn't say traffic for the site as a whole is down (there are still a lot of people browsing the site as guests, especially during UFC events), although I don't disagree with the thought that participation in the game is down-that to some extent I agree with (primary league). There certainly aren't as many Premium Members as there used to be, which reduces the prizes available for the game, but part of that probably is the economy and not as much money going around.

Nope, trust me everyone is well aware you're not anymore.

Post #10   2/2/11 8:58:43AM   

BigCountryFedor

Banned for Cheating

BigCountryFedor Avatar

Career:653-352
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Breaking news: guy with 10000+ posts makes an oxymoron.

Post #11   2/2/11 1:42:01PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:
Yeah the numbers for the primary league seem down from last season, and secondary is definitely down since WEC folded.... Probably because people don't want to go 3-5 to start the season like me. (I PICKED DIAZ!!! LOL)

I don't take anything on the forums personally, it is the internet. Someone calls me an idiot in one thread and I can tell them they are dumb, but then I will prop them on a good post. This is just a fun site! Maybe SportsNation can highlight it on an upcoming episode.....

Post #12   2/2/11 9:15:57PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Chips:

Posted by pmoney
This is just a fun site! Maybe SportsNation can highlight it on an upcoming episode.....

Slow growth is the key. If you open the flood gates, it takes weeks to flush the douche away.

Post #13   2/2/11 9:58:39PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by pmoney
This is just a fun site! Maybe SportsNation can highlight it on an upcoming episode.....

Slow growth is the key. If you open the flood gates, it takes weeks to flush the douche away.

Lol, good call. I'm all out of vinegar

Post #14   2/2/11 10:35:50PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Yeah the numbers for the primary league seem down from last season, and secondary is definitely down since WEC folded.... Probably because people don't want to go 3-5 to start the season like me. (I PICKED DIAZ!!! LOL)

I don't take anything on the forums personally, it is the internet. Someone calls me an idiot in one thread and I can tell them they are dumb, but then I will prop them on a good post. This is just a fun site! Maybe SportsNation can highlight it on an upcoming episode.....

I will stop posting on the Playground the day anything to do with this site comes out of that sack of sh*t Michelle Beadle's mouth. Point blank. I will exit my camp and get myself banned.

That is not a joke.

Post #15   2/3/11 12:24:02AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2