Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

End to the hype train?(spoiler I guess maybe even though its over?)

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I dont know if I can post this yet but the events over and I don't know why you'd get on an mma forum anyway if you don't want to talk about mma fights that just happened.

but anyway did tonight strike the end to the Gegard hype train? I never thought he sucked, never thought he was a bad fighter at all. I thought he was very skillful and poor man's version of Fedor always finding crazy ways to win with patience. But I just hated how he has yet to accomplish something great and people would actually say he'd beat Henderson, Shogun, Machida, and even win Heavyweight gold, saying that now when he really hadn't beat anybody top 5 yet.

I hope he bounces back, I was shocked at how he had no sense of urgency, I thought the whole time he'd comeback strong and finish MO late but damn. That was weird. and a little disappointing.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   4/18/10 12:15:38AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:2,076-1,211
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think it was more people didn't realize how dominant Mo was going to be when he really got down to wrestling.

Mousasi should have never been though of as top 5 yet, but he has had several big wins in his career. I wouldn't count him out just because he can't stay on his feet against Lawal.

Post #2   4/18/10 12:18:15AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Gegard just seemed too relaxed and then maybe like he gassed in the later rounds.

It was kinda like King Mo maybe gassed early but then gained a second wind in the last 3 rounds and like gegard gassed after the second.

Post #3   4/18/10 12:26:25AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,141-2,846
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I still consider Gegard legit. I thought Mo would win, but because it was a bad style matchup for Mousasi. I think he'll struggle against many of the top guys with good TD's. I was a little disappointed that both guys gassed as early as they did though. I picked Mo, put money on him, and put him in my parlay...so I was a little concerned that Mousasi was reserving his energy, but apparently not.

Post #4   4/18/10 12:40:00AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,342-1,837
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I was stunned that Mousasi didn't finish the fight. After round 2 I thought he had Mo right where he wanted him. Mo just kept taking him down and Gegard had zero td defense.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   4/18/10 1:03:22AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Yeah, and an end to Henso's hype train, I'm sooo glad he lost, just because everyone was saying it was gonna be so easy for him. Thank you Shields. I don't really see him having a chance in hell, but with the way he's been upsetting people maybe GSP could be his next fight, if he makes the decision to go UFC. Assuming it could happen, I think he would have to beat a top guy first, but maybe he has more lightning to catch.

Ohh, and to Hendo and Aoki.... PWNED!!!

Post #6   4/18/10 2:03:05AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Yeah, and an end to Henso's hype train, I'm sooo glad he lost, just because everyone was saying it was gonna be so easy for him. Thank you Shields. I don't really see him having a chance in hell, but with the way he's been upsetting people maybe GSP could be his next fight, if he makes the decision to go UFC. Assuming it could happen, I think he would have to beat a top guy first, but maybe he has more lightning to catch.

Hendo wasn't owned man, he almost KOed Shields in the first. Shields is just that damn good on the ground, that all, but I thought Hendo defended well, he just couldn't mount an offense.

Post #7   4/18/10 2:27:46AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by seanfu

Hendo wasn't owned man, he almost KOed Shields in the first. Shields is just that damn good on the ground, that all, but I thought Hendo defended well, he just couldn't mount an offense.

Okay, so for a round he was dominant, but I clearly saw him pissing himself a little as Shield accurately punched him in the face and passed his guard like butter for 4 rounds after that. I mean what constitutes domination, rocking someone hard for a round, or getting your guard easily passed while curling in the fetal position from the mass volume of undefended strikes hitting your face and 5 or 6 sub attempts.

Post #8   4/18/10 2:33:44AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:
How in the blue hell was their ever a Hendo hype train? That's ridiculous. He's a solid PROVEN veteran with tons of accomplishments and world class wins over top 3-5 guys. Shields just shocked the world and proved himself. That does not make Hendo any less of a fighter. He's definitely not a hype job. Shields just shocked us all.

Aoki shouldn't fight in the cage anymore. Melendez throwing him against the cage really killed all hopes he had. he definitely should work on his mauy thai too since I think you need a back up plan every time. I feel like he has so much potential but limits himself.

Post #9   4/18/10 2:38:38AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by seanfu

He got owned.

Post #10   4/18/10 2:45:04AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

How in the blue hell was their ever a Hendo hype train? That's ridiculous. He's a solid PROVEN veteran with tons of accomplishments and world class wins over top 3-5 guys. Shields just shocked the world and proved himself. That does not make Hendo any less of a fighter. He's definitely not a hype job. Shields just shocked us all.

Aoki shouldn't fight in the cage anymore. Melendez throwing him against the cage really killed all hopes he had. he definitely should work on his mauy thai too since I think you need a back up plan every time. I feel like he has so much potential but limits himself.

Everyone was saying how Hendo would easily take the title and it wouldn't be much of a fight. I think he would win 5 out of 10 but Shields was not a Matt Serra, he proved he's a world class competitor. And Hendo proved he's not some guy who can smash everyone but Anderson, he's just another world class fighter.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   4/18/10 2:52:18AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:
Ight. I definitely agree. Shields I think proved he was world class.

Post #12   4/18/10 3:06:37AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
So because Shields proved he's a great fighter it derailed Hendo....okkkkk buddy. Gegard just showed how wrestling is the #1 thing far and away with the american rules of MMA.

Post #13   4/18/10 3:35:15AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

So because Shields proved he's a great fighter it derailed Hendo....okkkkk buddy. Gegard just showed how wrestling is the #1 thing far and away with the american rules of MMA.

It derailed Hendo as much as losing to Anderson derailed Hendo.

Post #14   4/18/10 3:40:00AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by seanfu

yes, he almost KO'd him in the first...........then got pWned for 4 rounds, what the hell were you watching, letting a guy transition at will, and mount at will is definetly not defending well.

Post #15   4/18/10 7:52:23AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2