Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Hardy: I May Have Lost Saturday Night But I Wasn't Beaten

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
And no, he was not impressed with GSP's performance either. In fact, Hardy, who was in North Carolina visiting teammates Ross Pearson & Andre Winner ahead of UFN 21, said "[St-Pierre] just convinced me that he can keep me on the floor for 25 minutes." "When I fight him again, I'll be able to step into the octagon with a lot more confidence," he said. "Not that I didn't go into this fight with confidence, but I'm convinced now I can beat him. With a couple more months of training and a bit of work in a couple of areas, I can get the job done.
"I may have lost on Saturday night, but I wasn't beaten." He believes that if he keeps winning, he'll get his rematch within a year.

Article

Post #1   4/2/10 11:11:57AM   

GSPwnzore

Learning to Sprawl

Career:131-73
Camp: Flying Kimboplata
Chips:
While I do agree he didn't give up, I was at the fight and he was beaten in every way. I think that GSP played it too safe but he also has great standup. Which was shown when he demolished Alves and Jon Fitch. I think they need to give Hardy Some decent competition first before hes even considered for another shot. Paulo Thiago impresses me much more and I feel is a bigger threat to GSP. I just think they fast tracked hardy and he needs a little more humility before he can really Grow as a fighter. Let him get koed by daley or johnson.

Post #2   4/2/10 11:32:00AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
he will never beat GSP. I dont think he landed anything... i would be embassed if I were Hardy, not smack talking about how he'll win next time...lmao!

Post #3   4/2/10 12:08:23PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
He almost definitely isn't getting another title shot. He should be aware that he got his shot largely because GSP dominated the whole division and instead of having him fight Fitch/Alves/Koscheck ad infinitum they gave a shot to someone who didn't really earn it.

It's a once in a lifetime thing, just like Cote getting a shot against Silva. Just isn't going to happen again.

Post #4   4/2/10 12:52:06PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
He wont fight Daley, cuz there teamates. Supposedly Hardy is better than Daley, but I think Paulo, Alves Kos and Fitch would all beat Hardy. Since he called Kos a terd, and Kos called Hardy out, id like to see that fight.

Post #5   4/2/10 1:11:54PM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,093-662
Chips:
I'd like to see Hardy take on Sanchez, assuming Sanchez gets by Hathaway. Thatd be a war

Post #6   4/2/10 1:30:31PM   

Gannon

MMA Regular

Gannon Avatar

Career:2,162-1,175
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He proved he was ultra tough, but he hardly landed a punch. It was a complete domination. He's going to fix that in a few months? Embarrassing comments.

Post #7   4/2/10 1:55:06PM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
he has to realize he looked awful, he looked like he was training for someone else and took the fight on short notice. nothing for takedown defense and i think GSP would have received more offense from a punching bag. can he get a rematch, hes young, ya he could, but based on what I saw guys like fitch n kos will be able to take him down w relative ease, i epect them 2 give em a tune up fight for his return, probably like hazelett who is still a threat but i think hes screwed when he gets to the top of the heap again

Post #8   4/2/10 2:19:35PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
There weren't that many marks on him he nEeds to practice
His takedown defense either way I doubt he gets another title shot

Post #9   4/2/10 3:53:29PM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:
I feel like you all might be underestimating Hardy a little bit. I agree wholeheartedly that he was dominated, and that he won't be able to beat GSP next year even if he has the chance. However, you can't say "he barely landed anything" when the fight was on its feet for all of 45 seconds out of 25 minutes. He was giving his best against a challenger that outclasses everyone. I feel like he performed a bit better than Alves did, to be honest. Alves wasn't on the ground the entire time, and he (being one of the most dangerous strikers in WW) was outstruck. So while he might not be GSP worthy, with a few months training on Takedown defense, I feel like he could give Fitch his first loss since GSP.

Post #10   4/2/10 5:11:54PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Chips:
He was dominated by GSP, no question.

I would love to see Kos vs. Hardy. Especially if Kos didn't try to stand and bang with him.

Post #11   4/2/10 5:45:52PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by Caesarrrr

I feel like you all might be underestimating Hardy a little bit. I agree wholeheartedly that he was dominated, and that he won't be able to beat GSP next year even if he has the chance. However, you can't say "he barely landed anything" when the fight was on its feet for all of 45 seconds out of 25 minutes. He was giving his best against a challenger that outclasses everyone. I feel like he performed a bit better than Alves did, to be honest. Alves wasn't on the ground the entire time, and he (being one of the most dangerous strikers in WW) was outstruck. So while he might not be GSP worthy, with a few months training on Takedown defense, I feel like he could give Fitch his first loss since GSP.

Bingo!

Post #12   4/2/10 5:53:08PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,509-1,360
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yeah whatever you say Dan Hardy, I'm pretty sure everyone who has lost to GSP has said that.

You talked a whole lot of **** going into the fight and the fight metric just makes me laugh out loud everytime I look at it.

PS - Dan, you also lost 2 rounds 10-8.

Post #13   4/2/10 9:50:22PM   

Gannon

MMA Regular

Gannon Avatar

Career:2,162-1,175
Chips:
I agree he was giving it everything he had. I will agree that he is a very good fighter. But he hardly landed, just took a look at the fightmetric numbers. Those comments he made were disrespectful. Yes i think he is a great fighter, but he was totally outclassed, much like fitch and koscheck. In my opinion Alves has faired that best.

Post #14   4/2/10 9:51:33PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
i give you heart hardy.you do have that.but come on bro you were totally owned in tyhat fight.

please excure my typing PG im a little on the iunebriated side

Post #15   4/3/10 12:36:33AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2