Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Boo_Radley Grand Prix

Print  
Posted By Message

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Tank Abbott vs Mirko Cro Cop
Wanderlei Silva vs Thiago Alves
Babalu vs Rashad Evans
Cain Velasquez vs Rampage Jackson

How does it pan out?

its just for fun

Post #1   1/5/10 10:03:37PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
Cro Cop > Abbott
Wanderlei > Alves
Evans > Babalu
Cain > Rampage

Wanderlei > Cro Cop
Cain > Evans

Cain > Wanderlei

Post #2   1/5/10 10:13:12PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,355-861
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
crocop<alves
evans<velasquez

velasquez>alves

Post #3   1/5/10 10:28:22PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Cro Cop via R1 TKO

Alves via R1 KO

Babalu vs Rashad Evans
Babalu via Unanimous Decision

Velasquez via Unanimous Decision

---

Alves vs Cro Cop
Alves via KO

Babalu vs Velasquez

---

Alves vs Velasquez

Post #4   1/5/10 10:32:02PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Haha, this is excellent.

Quarters

CroCop vs Tank: Tank would bum rush CroCop, but CroCop would manage to avoid Tank, peppering him with solid punches. Soon, within the first round, Tank would blow his wad and CroCop would be able to finish with a nice LHK. Winner: CroCop

Wanderlei Silva vs Thiago Alves: Alves, KO over Wanderlei Rd.1 Winner: Thiago Alves

Babalu vs. Rashad Evans: Babalu puts up a good fight with Rashad on the feet, but after a couple of take downs by Rashad in the first round, Babalu is pretty tired. 2nd round begins with Babalu immediately shooting in, which is stuffed by the much fresher Rashad. Rashad picks up forward assault punishing Babalu on the feet. Babalu is rocked! Instead of finishing him on the feet thoug, Rashad shoots in and pounds Babalu out against the fence for the TKO in the second. Winner: Rashad Evans

Cain Velasquez vs Rampage: Cain simply overpowers Rampage with a dose of his own medicine: a big slam! Rampage hangs on for dear life on the ground, but is eventually pounded out in the first round. Winner: Cain Velasquez

Semis

CroCop vs Alves: CroCop gets an early, fresh attack on an unsuspecting Alves who is a bit flustered! CroCop shoots in on Alves as he goes for a huge left hook and lands some huge hammerfists causing Alves to turtle up giving CroCop the TKO. Winner: Crocop

Evans vs Velasquez: Evans desperately wants to keep this on the feet against the bigger wrestler, peppering him with shots and a few well placed leg kicks. Initially, Cain tries to find his distance with some lackluster boxing, eventually Cain shoots in for a successful takedown. This turns into a ground war with Evans showing off his new BJJ skills, but eventually, Cain's power is overwhelming and pounds him out for the TKO in the first. Winner: Cain Velasquez

Finals

CroCop vs Velasquez: This is brutal...simply brutal. CroCop comes out right off the mark with a HUGE leg kick, but Cain seems to have spotted it early and goes for the early shot taking CroCop completely off guard! Within 2 minutes, CroCop is a bloody mess, despite a valiant effort to defend himself, causing the ref to step in and stop it. Rd. 1 TKO

CHAMPION: CAIN VELASQUEZ

Post #5   1/5/10 10:33:29PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Chips:
So far fleek has it closest to what I would see panning out, or at least like to pan out.

Post #6   1/5/10 10:35:34PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Cro Cop 1st ko
Alves 2nd ko
Evans UD
Cain UD

Alves/Cro Cop
Alves 2nd tko
Evans/Cain
Cain UD

Alves/Cain
Cain UD

*EDIT* Totally overlooked the fact that Cain is a heavyweight. Had to switch my picks

Last edited 1/6/10 12:38AM server time by kopower
Edit note/reason: na

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #7   1/5/10 10:40:46PM   

Basshandsome

Standup Guy

Basshandsome Avatar

Career:2,554-1,399
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Babalu vs Rashad Evans

Mirko Cro Cop vs Thiago Alves
Rashad Evans vs Cain Velasquez

Thiago Alves vs Cain Velasquez

Note: I assume this is Openweight. Alves cuts alot to get down to where he is and would probably come into the tourny in the 200 lbs range which would help him get wins. I think (like others) Cain wins due to his size and skill.

Post #8   1/6/10 12:20:19AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Babalu vs Rashad Evans

Cro cop vs Wandy
Evans vs Rampage

Wandy vs Rampage

Rampage

Edit I made every pick with my heart lol

Last edited 1/6/10 10:21AM server time by postman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   1/6/10 10:19:57AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Chips:
Alright I'll throw mine in.

Abbott vs Cro Cop
Silva vs Alves
Babalu vs Evans
Velasquez vs Rampage

Tank KO's Cro Cop with a huge right hand in the first 30 seconds of the fight.

Wanderlei Silva and Thiago Alves have a fast paced slug fest until Silva gets the clinch and knees Alves into oblivion.

Evans takes down Babalu and is holding him there most of the first two rounds until Babalu comes back with a third round armbar.

Velasquez and Rampage circle for a while and have some exchanges but Rampage eventually gets the knockdown and swarms him with heavy punches.

Tank vs Silva
Babalu vs Rampage

Wanderlei swams Tank from the opening bell, takes a few big shots, but keeps coming and eventually KO's him with a big flurry.

Babalu and Rampage go to the ground and Rampage is stopping all of Babalus sub attempts. They go back to the feet after being reset and Rampage gets the KO

Rampage vs Wanderlei

Rampage KO's him again.

Post #10   1/6/10 3:19:19PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Alright I'll throw mine in.

Abbott vs Cro Cop
Silva vs Alves
Babalu vs Evans
Velasquez vs Rampage

Tank KO's Cro Cop with a huge right hand in the first 30 seconds of the fight.

Wanderlei Silva and Thiago Alves have a fast paced slug fest until Silva gets the clinch and knees Alves into oblivion.

Evans takes down Babalu and is holding him there most of the first two rounds until Babalu comes back with a third round armbar.

Velasquez and Rampage circle for a while and have some exchanges but Rampage eventually gets the knockdown and swarms him with heavy punches.

Tank vs Silva
Babalu vs Rampage

Wanderlei swams Tank from the opening bell, takes a few big shots, but keeps coming and eventually KO's him with a big flurry.

Babalu and Rampage go to the ground and Rampage is stopping all of Babalus sub attempts. They go back to the feet after being reset and Rampage gets the KO

Rampage vs Wanderlei

Rampage KO's him again.

Okay...you said I was closest to how you saw it (wanted) playing out, yet you picked 3 of the 4 opening round fights differently than I did.

Post #11   1/6/10 3:34:05PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Chips:
Nobody had more than one in common with me. so at the time you were closest.

Post #12   1/6/10 7:37:28PM