Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Predictions for UFC in 2010

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,078-848
Chips:
Current Champs
-----------------------------------
HW: Brock Lesnar Injured
LHW: Machida
MW: A. Silva (God)
WW: GSP
LW: BJ
End of year Champ Prediction
HW: Shane Carwin
LHW: Anderson Silva
MW: Machida
WW: GSP
LW: BJ Penn

I think Shogun beats Machida, Anderson get a LHW title shot beats Shogun, then either gives up or loses MW Title which will end up in the hands of Machida.
Title Shots

HW: With Brock out possibly all year i think an Mir/Carwin for Interim title, winner gets Cain/Nog winner who i believe will be Cain. Near end of year i expect Brock to come back and get his fight for late in the year or early 2011

LHW: Shogun beats machida (again lol). A. Silva comes back and beats Shogun for LHW title. Rashad/Jackson winner gets forrest for next title fight.

MW: Nate Marquardt, Machida, Rousimar Palhares late will emerge as the next contender.

WW: Hardy, Koscheck, Alves, Fitch and Late i see Anthony Johnson, and Ben Saunders in contention.

LW: Frankie Edgar, Grey Maynard, Gleison Tibau, moving into 2011 Efrain Escudero and or Tyson Griffin

----------------------------------------
Break through fighters

HW
Junior Dos Santos
Stefan Stuve
Todd Duffee

LHW
Jon Jones
Alexander Gustafsson

MW
Yoshihiro Akiyama
Rousimar Palhares

WW
Paul Daley
TJ Grant
Johny Hendricks

LW
Terry Etim
Tyson Griffen
Gleison Tibau

Post #1   12/20/09 11:05:00AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,419-833
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
HW- I think Mir beats Carwin and fights Velasquez/Nog winner for title. In the end I think we have Mir as Interim Champion again.

LHW-I think Shogun wins the Machida rematch and finishes year as champ.

MW-If Vitor ever makes it to his fight I think he cuts the ring off and puts Andy to sleep and finally wins a big fight.

WW-GSP will LnP his way through another year.

LW-BJ continues to dominate.

If Arlovski defeats Werdum, I think he makes a return to UFC in 2010. I think Brett Rogers will wind up in UFC.

I think Liddell will fight Kimbo at catchweight. If we see Vitor lose, we'll see a rematch with Wanderlei. Swick will rematch Ben Davis. Shogun and Lil Nog rematch. Machida and Silva rematch will happen. Shogun vs Rampage 2 at end of the year show if they win out the year.

Post #2   12/20/09 2:15:57PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
going out on a limb a little bit with the machida as middleweight champ idea arent you?

Post #3   12/20/09 2:24:46PM   

One_Hit_Quit

MMA Regular

One_Hit_Quit Avatar

Career:2,252-1,265
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Wand wins a fight.

Andy loses a fight.

GSP finishes a fight. (I know, that's a bold one)

Post #4   12/20/09 3:42:22PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Forrest Griffin, Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture, Mike Swick, and Brock Lesnar will all be described as hard workers.

Anderson Silva, Rashad Evans, Anthony Johnsnon, Jon Jones, and Kimbo will all be described as explosive athletes.

Post #5   12/20/09 4:16:40PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by One_Hit_Quit

GSP finishes a fight. (I know, that's a bold one)

Has everyone forgotten that he finished BJ Penn? that was only 2 fights ago!

HW - Carwin

LHW - Rampage

MW - Anderson Silva

WW - Koscheck

LW - BJ Penn

Post #6   12/20/09 4:17:02PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,355-861
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
first of all silva said he wont fight for the lhw belt at all because of machida. he doesnt wanna get in his way. so shogun beats machida then has to defend it before the year is up. possibly against winner of rashad rampage or possibly thiago silva after he beats up rashad.

hw - velasquez
lhw - shogun
mw - silva unless he vacates
ww - bj penn
lw - bj penn

breakout fighters

hw - mir with his new weight sends lesnar packing but not for a title

lhw - shogun looks unstopable. jon jones runs through everyone he fights.

mw - belfort loses against silva but gets close. stomps who ever else he fights impressivly. sonnen rises up the ranks

ww - bj steps back up and beats gsp and shocks the world. does it in devestating fashion also. koscheck beats alves and fitch to get a shot at gsp or bj

lw - diazs age starts to grow and starts to look like his older brother. starts beating everyone and gets a shot at bj and loses.

Last edited 12/20/09 5:17PM server time by hate4thestate
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   12/20/09 5:08:03PM   

cloud301336

MMA Regular

cloud301336 Avatar

Career:370-208
Chips:
if A. Silva striking skillz arnt though the roof i might go crazy, LMAO i though u guys meant ufc undisputed 2010

Last edited 12/22/09 7:04PM server time by cloud301336
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   12/20/09 6:10:25PM   

Basshandsome

Standup Guy

Basshandsome Avatar

Career:2,554-1,399
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I am sure that some of the belts will change hands but I think I would pick the champion to win against whoever they fight. I might pick Mir over Lesner if they fight but I think I am still underestimating Lesner a little. I think Lyoto beats Shogun in the rematch. I think the only person to beat Silva will be himself and I don't think he will do it this year. GSP runs through anyone who he fights. There is alot of GSP hate in this thread. If he fought Bj again he would beat him bad like in the second fight. Also he finished 3 of his last 5 fights by domination and does not Lnp (yes I am on his nuts). Bj keeps his belt at LW.

Post #9   12/20/09 6:32:12PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I predict Vitor-Anderson is going to be a sick amazing ass fight. I think Vitor will take the title from him with a brutal KO and then Anderson will win it back at the end of the year in a rematch. While Vitor smashes Nate in between.

I see Jon Jones breaking through setting up a title shot for himself in 2011 with a huge win over some huge name. While Machida dominates Shogun in the rematch, and Rampage will have a shot by the end of the year to get his title shot and Rampage KO's Rashad too.

Big Nog will be heavyweight champion after he taps Cane, and then at the end of the year fights the winner of Lesnar-Mir 3 and beats whoever in a freakin war.

GSP-BJ 3 will happen probably in the summer and be another classic like the 1st one(2nd one stunk IMO), and GSP probably wins again because I think GSP's just too big for him now. Regardless of any grease. And GSP/Kos or Fitch 2 will happen and I pray either one takes him out but we'll see what happens. Then if GSP gets past either or both of them, he'll either fight whichever one he doesen't fight at the end of the year at the beginning of year in 2011 and then if he wins fight Vitor/Anderson in the summer of 2011 for maybe Andersons last fight.

BJ dominates Edgar, fights GSP, and dominates the next contender at the end of the year to stay on top and hopefully better and bigger threats come up, and hopefully great names overseas or in strikeforce come in for some.

Post #10   12/20/09 6:58:44PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i think both gsp and silva will lose the title belts this year and bj will keep his
lidell won't retire this year
fitch will get another title shot
ufc will implement another weight class at 195 or 225
karo will be back in the ufc by end of 2010
randy will retire by the end of the year
detroit, phoenix, new orleans, and seattle will have ufc fights this year
ufc will have a tv prime time deal as well

Post #11   12/22/09 12:31:03AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

ufc will implement another weight class at 195 or 225
karo will be back in the ufc by end of 2010

Pretty ballsy right there.

Post #12   12/22/09 12:50:39AM   

cj_striker

MMA Regular

cj_striker Avatar

Career:341-252
Camp: Crucible Fighting Systems
Chips:
I predict 2010 as the year of the up and comers

HW- Cain is the future of the division, and should have his belt by the end of 2010, but you also have guys like Dos Santos, Pat Barry, Todd Duffee, Brendan Schuab (dude has massive potential if he can bounce back from that vicious ko) that are up and comers in the division and will start to work their way up to the top of the division. Guys like Lesnar, Mir, Big Nog, Carwin,and Gonzaga will just keep knocking each other down the ladder. Oh and don't forget about Big Country, he will seriously make some waves in that HW pool (pun intended).

LHW-In their rematch Machida will beat Shogun much more decisively than Shogun beat Machida in their first match and Machida will keep his belt into 2011. Big Nog will make a run at the title. Rampage will whoop the dog s**t out of Rashad rather Rashad beats T. Silva or not. Tito will beat Chuck in their third bout and Tito's team will win the show (love or hate Tito, but the dude is a damn good coach). Forest will linger around the top, hopefully long enough to get another shot at the title (the guy is one of the hardest workers in the sport, gotta love him). And there are some obvious and exciting up and comers like Jon Jones and Ryan Bader, and some guys under the radar somewhat like Krzysztof Soszynski and Elliot Marshall. And hopefully Vera will finally get refocused and live up to his potiential.

MW- A lot will happen in this division, Anderson will lose to Vitor, but then Vitor will lose his first defense against Marquardt (by now Dana is hating himself for not paying Hendo his money and letting him go to Strikeforce). Either Anderson gets a shot right away because he is Anderson, or he starts fighting dream fights before he retires, or maybe Anderson will have to fight anyone of these guys for the next title shot, but it is hard to tell who'd deserve it more (all these guys could make a case)-- Maia or Alan Belcher imo, but Dana might go with Bisping (because Lord knows Dana wants a British champ) or maybe Akiyama, who knows, but a lot of interesting bouts will come about when Anderson loses his belt to Vitor. Then you have guys like Nate Quarry, Dan Miller, C.B. Dollaway, and Palhares that could always get in the mix.

WW- Unless Dana implements a rule stating that GSP may not use his superior wrestling against any of his opponents from now on, this division will continue to be dominated unless someone (maybe Hardy, who knows) gets a hell of a shot in to ko GSP before he can take it to the ground. Because if Fitch, Kos, or Alves don't defeat GSP in a rematch I don't see him losing. And that's to bad because the division has so many up and comers like Dustin Hazlett, Ben Saunders, Amir Sadollah, Matt Brown, Tom Hathaway, Demarques Johnson, Johnny Hendricks, Paulo Thiago and you could go on and on like Nick Osipczak and James Wilks from the UK team of the Ultimate fighter both have potential as well. Then you have guys like Swick, Anthony Johnson,Daley, Kampman, Condit, Davis, Almedia and Lytle who have the skills to make it up into title contention.

LW-B.J. has proven great he truly is with is wins over the likes of Hughes, Pulver, Stevenson, and Sherk but by beating Florian and Sanchez the way he did, imo he has proven he can dominate that division for awhile. Unless a big strong wrestler with ko power like maybe Maynard or Huerta (if he comes back to the UFC) can implement a GSP kind of strategy, B.J. will reign supreme for a long time. But there are some up and comers like Ross Pearson, Andre Winner, Efrain Escudero, Dan Louzan, and Phillipe Nover. And then guys like Frankie Edgar (who deserves a shot), Griffin, Florian, Sanchez, Diaz, Stevenson, Guida, Sotiropoulos and Jim Miller (I am sure I am missing a few) who will be right around the top for title contention for awhile.

Post #13   12/22/09 3:48:20AM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

While Vitor smashes Nate in between.

Yo dude, if this fight ever happens I'll av bet you in a hartbeat. Nate the Great will be the one doing the smashing. Lets agree to this now my man.

Post #14   12/22/09 4:09:47AM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:
I predict that 2010 will be a badass year no matter what. MMA is riding high baby and theres no end in sight

Post #15   12/22/09 4:11:37AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2