Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage Retires!!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

icebergsnoopy

MMA Regular

icebergsnoopy Avatar

Career:361-286
Chips:
http://mmamania.com/2009/09/22/quinton-rampage-jackson-im-done-fighting-im-hanging-it-up/

Post #1   9/23/09 6:26:29AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,507-780
Chips:
Rampage is just pulling a randy, he will be back in the UFC quicker then you can say rumplefukenstiltskin

Post #2   9/23/09 7:55:22AM   

DJBlankenship

MMA Regular

DJBlankenship Avatar

Career:634-525
Chips:
I hope he doesn't retire. He's one of the best in the game. Always a good fight.

Post #3   9/23/09 8:13:19AM   

GDK

MMA Regular

GDK Avatar

Career:1,665-1,157
Chips:
He'll be back when the dust settles
But will Dana ever put another event on in Memphis

Rampage is missing a important point
He never would have beaten out the likes of Icecube and such for the role if he wasn't famous in the Ufc.
His future acting work will rely on the fact that he is a bad ass fighter.
Not a retired has been....Ken Shamrock has that job.

Good luck Rampage it's been fun
see you in a year or two.

Post #4   9/23/09 12:11:27PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
You know he can do what he wants but Dana did him a solid and layed down in the middle and this is how he returns the favor. Lame!

Post #5   9/23/09 1:07:52PM   

jawbreaker517

MMA Regular

jawbreaker517 Avatar

Career:105-53
Camp: Pound 'Em Out Fighting Systems
Chips:
Man I hope this isn't really going to happen. He is someone that I really look up to as a fighter.

Last edited 9/23/09 3:33PM server time by jawbreaker517
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   9/23/09 3:32:32PM   

jawbreaker517

MMA Regular

jawbreaker517 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

You know he can do what he wants but Dana did him a solid and layed down in the middle and this is how he returns the favor. Lame!

See what I'm telling you about Dana? Nothing but broken promises, Dana lover! Talk about loyalty.Huh. The proof is right here.

Last edited 9/23/09 3:36PM server time by jawbreaker517
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   9/23/09 3:35:52PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by postman

See what I'm telling you about Dana? Nothing but broken promises, Dana lover! Talk about loyalty.Huh. The proof is right here.

What are you talking about? I am confused?

Post #8   9/23/09 5:27:33PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by postman

He never knows either

Post #9   9/23/09 5:35:54PM   

jawbreaker517

MMA Regular

jawbreaker517 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by postman

Dana told Rampage that he would match him up against Lyoto and matched him up against Rashad anyway behind his back. Typical.

Post #10   9/23/09 6:05:30PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I am likely the minority, but I wont miss Rampage. I never cared for him.

Post #11   9/23/09 7:13:12PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by postman

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by postman

Dana told Rampage that he would match him up against Lyoto and matched him up against Rashad anyway behind his back. Typical.

Before you start Dana bashing, don't act like this justifies making him out to a jerk. He got Rampage on a national level, allowed him to gain popularity through TUF and gave him a shot at the world title after one fight in the UFC.
To say he screwed Rampage over is stupid. If you notice most of Rampages interviews he mentions most of his choices because of money and in Pride, he felt like he wasnt treated right either.
He said he wanted Rashad for the money. Now he wants a movie career for the money. He is looking out for his best interests and thinks they will go exactly the same way Dana (who is looking at 100 some fights interests) wants it to go. Dana can't give every fight a guy wants. Thats just fact. There is no reason for Rampage to complain really and I think he knows that.

"Dana Lover?"

Post #12   9/23/09 8:02:01PM   

Sinister

BANNED

Sinister Avatar

Career:22-17
Chips:

Posted by Rush

To be honest, me either. None of the matchups with him excited me except his fight with Henderson. I will be fine with him gone if it also means he is gone from fighting. If he comes back and goes to SF or anywhere else, I'll be pissed that the UFC's LHW is a little less stronger.

Post #13   9/23/09 8:04:13PM   

icebergsnoopy

MMA Regular

icebergsnoopy Avatar

Career:361-286
Chips:

Posted by Sinister

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by postman

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by postman

Before you start Dana bashing, don't act like this justifies making him out to a jerk. He got Rampage on a national level, allowed him to gain popularity through TUF and gave him a shot at the world title after one fight in the UFC.
To say he screwed Rampage over is stupid. If you notice most of Rampages interviews he mentions most of his choices because of money and in Pride, he felt like he wasnt treated right either.
He said he wanted Rashad for the money. Now he wants a movie career for the money. He is looking out for his best interests and thinks they will go exactly the same way Dana (who is looking at 100 some fights interests) wants it to go. Dana can't give every fight a guy wants. Thats just fact. There is no reason for Rampage to complain really and I think he knows that.

"Dana Lover?"

Rampage actually turned down Machida for Rashad , so Dana didnt screw Rampage at all, Rampage said he doesnt want the belt b/c it brings too many problems.

Post #14   9/23/09 8:25:40PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by Sinister

Posted by Rush

To be honest, me either. None of the matchups with him excited me except his fight with Henderson. I will be fine with him gone if it also means he is gone from fighting. If he comes back and goes to SF or anywhere else, I'll be pissed that the UFC's LHW is a little less stronger.

True. I actually didn't like the Henderson fight the first time I saw it, but appreciated it more after watching it again. For me, it was his antics. I never bought into them. I never thought he was funny, but rather obnoxious. Some of his demons outside of the cage really turned me off too.That coupled with the fact that I didn't find him the most entertaining fighter really just turned me off completely.

I just hope Rashad doesn't play this up. It might also be an indication that Rampage gets schooled (again) in terms of TUF and his team.

Post #15   9/23/09 8:26:23PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2