Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tank Abbott is close to finishing his autobiography about being an MMA fighter

Print  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Tank Abbott is close to finishing his autobiography about being an MMA fighter. During today’s call, he said he’s written 678 pages freehand and is in the process of entering it into a computer. He made no mention of a title, publisher or potential release date but was confident fans would like it. “It’s a real-life ‘Rocky’ story,” he said.

Link

Oh yeah there is some other news about Kimbo possibly fighting Sean Gannon, the guy he lost to in one of his Internet Videos, but I thought I would post the real news in this article.

I will buy Tank's Autobiography over Hughes any day of the week, in fact I will buy this puppy the day it comes out! The man must have a million stories and is funny as hell to boot! Can't friggin wait

Last edited 1/16/08 11:15PM server time by Bemin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   1/16/08 11:15:27PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by Bemin

Tank Abbott is close to finishing his autobiography about being an MMA fighter. During today’s call, he said he’s written 678 pages freehand and is in the process of entering it into a computer. He made no mention of a title, publisher or potential release date but was confident fans would like it. “It’s a real-life ‘Rocky’ story,” he said.

Link

Oh yeah there is some other news about Kimbo possibly fighting Sean Gannon, the guy he lost to in one of his Internet Videos, but I thought I would post the real news in this article.

I will buy Tank's Autobiography over Hughes any day of the week, in fact I will buy this puppy the day it comes out! The man must have a million stories and is funny as hell to boot! Can't friggin wait

Haha I had no idea Tank was writing a book. I'm definitely going to buy this! It should be funny and full of awesomeness

Post #2   1/17/08 12:33:06AM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:
I would definately buy this book.

Post #3   1/17/08 12:34:30AM   

LayinFrame

dont taze me bro.

LayinFrame Avatar

Career:118-108
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
consider it "owned" ;)

Post #4   1/17/08 6:30:05AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
LMAO it will be so nonsensical and the ramblings of an ego maniac, hope its like his last interview on sherdog radio as that was funny as fck, he had such a hard time trying to explain how he was a real fighter and mma is crap

Post #5   1/17/08 6:49:49AM   

StevenSeagal

Banned

Career:182-96
Chips:
the title is:

"HOW TO WIN TWO FIGHTS IN 9 YEARS"

Post #6   1/17/08 8:56:37AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i think its going be pretty good, bar fights, street fights mma fights #1 seller imo

props go to those who post

Post #7   1/17/08 11:32:42AM   

Smd277

MMA Regular

Smd277 Avatar

Career:127-80
Chips:
i can't seing it being anygood atleast his later years if he would of retired earlier like he should have the book would have hope......

Post #8   1/17/08 1:57:36PM   

Bemin

Bemin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Smd277

i can't seing it being anygood atleast his later years if he would of retired earlier like he should have the book would have hope......

What I think will make this book a very good read are a few things. 1. Tank is a very funny guy and when he tells a story its interesting. 2. Tank has led a very interesting life, no doubt full of great stories (See point number 1) 3. Tank has been in the MMA from near the begining and no doubt has many interesting stories of many MMA legends. Just because he has never had a stellar fighting record doesn't mean that his book will suck.

Post #9   1/17/08 2:06:43PM   

LayinFrame

dont taze me bro.

LayinFrame Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bemin

Posted by Smd277

What I think will make this book a very good read are a few things. 1. Tank is a very funny guy and when he tells a story its interesting. 2. Tank has led a very interesting life, no doubt full of great stories (See point number 1) 3. Tank has been in the MMA from near the begining and no doubt has many interesting stories of many MMA legends. Just because he has never had a stellar fighting record doesn't mean that his book will suck.

he could have the worst record on earth, and still put out a great book. IN fact i would rather have somone talking more about getting there ass whooped on, then beating somones ;)

Post #10   1/17/08 3:19:51PM   

Jujiden

MMA Regular

Jujiden Avatar

Career:263-145
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:
Tank knows how to read and write???

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   1/17/08 5:45:53PM   

Bemin

Bemin Avatar

Chips:
He's actually a college graduate if you can believe it. Has a degree in History if I remember correctly.

Edit:

Yup degree in History, plus was an all american wrestler in Jr. College. From his Wiki:

His bad boy image and tough biker look have led many people to believe that Abbott is nothing more than a common hoodlum with a natural ability to throw punches. In reality, he never practiced any style called "Pit Fighting" and had been boxing for up to 13 years before his UFC debut and had been wrestling since high school and during his years at college. He had been coached in boxing under Jesse Reid and Tyrone Bennett and his wrestling career began at the age of 9 and by the age of 18 he became a Junior college All-American. He is also an educated man, holding a degree in history. [3] Tank Abbott was a corner man for Vanilla Ice during Ice's match on the television show Celebrity Boxing against Todd Bridges.

Link

Last edited 1/17/08 7:59PM server time by Bemin
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #12   1/17/08 6:03:45PM   

The8One5

Banned

Career:31-17
Chips:
whats his last chapter going to be how hard kimbo hits?

Post #13   1/17/08 6:47:22PM   

LayinFrame

dont taze me bro.

LayinFrame Avatar

Chips:

Posted by The8One5

whats his last chapter going to be how hard kimbo hits?

ahahah as much as i hated you saying that it might be true

Post #14   1/17/08 7:17:19PM