Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

EliteXC to trying make Diaz-Gomi 2 happen

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

duggy

MMA Regular

duggy Avatar

Career:1,673-897
Chips:
Interview with Turi Altavilla, the EliteXC executive and former PRIDE USA VP of production and marketing, opens up with Sam Caplan. He touches on subjects ranging from Diaz-Gomi 2, Kimbo Slice, and his viewpoint on why PRIDE failed.

link

Last edited 1/8/08 5:03PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   11/28/07 9:30:56PM   

krthll1

MMA Regular

krthll1 Avatar

Career:504-298
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I really wonder coming off the fight with KJ Noons if Diaz could beat Gomi again. Also I really cannot wait until Kimbo Slice gets put onto the canvas. His stand upis very good but lets see how good he is on his back.

Post #2   11/28/07 9:42:50PM   

stickyhash421

Banned

Career:62-33
Chips:
hahahaha gomi does not want another fight with diaz

Post #3   11/28/07 9:44:20PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
I wanna see Diaz say "Come on B*TCH" again.

Post #4   11/28/07 10:01:56PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by krthll1

I really wonder coming off the fight with KJ Noons if Diaz could beat Gomi again. Also I really cannot wait until Kimbo Slice gets put onto the canvas. His stand upis very good but lets see how good he is on his back.

Diaz's loss to KJ Noons didnt really have anything to do with his skill as a fighter, he just got cut... i think gomi will be better prepared next time but diaz will still have the ability to beat him.

Post #5   11/28/07 10:30:35PM   

chokesetterjake

MMA Regular

chokesetterjake Avatar

Career:1,729-1,089
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
one of the many fights i want to see. Daiz has the skill to win this fight again. it seemed effortless the last time. gomi is overwhelming in the stand up but not so much overall. so i want to see it...

Post #6   11/28/07 11:06:48PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
Diaz's loss didnt have anything to do with his skill as a fighter? Personality wise he's definately my favourite fighter, and he's got skill.. but that last fight was a joke. Watch that fight again if you need to, but watch those takedowns. Spencer fisher could've sprawled that shit. His takedowns were sloppy and half hearted, he was being worked over on his feet, and when he did manage the takedown, he couldnt maintain position. If that fight had gone five rounds, theres a good chance that he would've taken it with a sub, or maybe........ a standing KO, but had that fight gone to the judges, my opinion based on how the first round went, he would've lost a unanimous decision.

Diaz/gomi2 is exactly what diaz needs to get his shit together. Diaz matched up well against him, and he was a serious opponent. Maybe Diaz doesnt do well against no namers cause this is his second loss in a row to guys who were basically unknown. Whatever the case, this fight has the potential to solve a lot of problems, and its probably the best fight that either of these fighters could have

Post #7   11/28/07 11:13:15PM   

krthll1

MMA Regular

krthll1 Avatar

Chips:
Are you kidding me. He looked like he was no match for KJ Noons. KJ picked him apart with his striking. That is not an attack on his ability as a fighter. I hope he can really come back to form because I like him too. Maybe he had a terrible fight because I really hope he did.

Post #8   11/28/07 11:20:05PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

Diaz's loss didnt have anything to do with his skill as a fighter? Personality wise he's definately my favourite fighter, and he's got skill.. but that last fight was a joke. Watch that fight again if you need to, but watch those takedowns. Spencer fisher could've sprawled that shit. His takedowns were sloppy and half hearted, he was being worked over on his feet, and when he did manage the takedown, he couldnt maintain position. If that fight had gone five rounds, theres a good chance that he would've taken it with a sub, or maybe........ a standing KO, but had that fight gone to the judges, my opinion based on how the first round went, he would've lost a unanimous decision.

Diaz/gomi2 is exactly what diaz needs to get his shit together. Diaz matched up well against him, and he was a serious opponent. Maybe Diaz doesnt do well against no namers cause this is his second loss in a row to guys who were basically unknown. Whatever the case, this fight has the potential to solve a lot of problems, and its probably the best fight that either of these fighters could have

a doctor stopped the fight because of a cut, thats not reflective of his skill. i agree that diaz wasnt looking so good, but as i recall from the gomi fight he got taken down and dropped from a punch. im not defending his performance though. My only point is that anyone who thinks he can beat gomi again should seriously reconsider their evaluation. he lost to a fighter who is not top ten but that doesnt mean he should be counted out, no more than anyone would count GSP out for losing to serra, it was only a cut afterall and for all we know he may have taken KJ lightly.

Post #9   11/29/07 12:31:32AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by wapttn

a doctor stopped the fight because of a cut, thats not reflective of his skill. i agree that diaz wasnt looking so good, but as i recall from the gomi fight he got taken down and dropped from a punch. im not defending his performance though. My only point is that anyone who thinks he can beat gomi again should seriously reconsider their evaluation. he lost to a fighter who is not top ten but that doesnt mean he should be counted out, no more than anyone would count GSP out for losing to serra, it was only a cut afterall and for all we know he may have taken KJ lightly.

Taking a fighter lightly is no excuse. Diaz was handled in that fight, plain and simple. And by the way, those cuts didn't magically appear either.

Post #10   11/29/07 1:26:32AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
LOL exactly, GLadiator you really need to watch that fight again cos it was bad from Diaz's point of view, he got beat on and ate some heavy punches then failed to get it to the ground, he totally lost that fight

If we are talking can he beat Gomi again well the question is can he Gogo him again?likely not, will Gomi be stupid enough to take him down and risk a sib like that again? likely not, will Gomi be that badly gassed again? likely not, im a big Diaz fan but the way he has fought these last few fights should not leave you with any confidence that he can beat Gomi again tbh

Post #11   11/29/07 4:42:24AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Good. Diaz can F him up again. There last fight was FOTY in my books. I think Diaz will do the exact same thing. For that dumb ass decision on the last fight it really makes me wonder who was really on drugs. Nick Diaz or the commission?

Post #12   11/29/07 5:09:54AM   

krthll1

MMA Regular

krthll1 Avatar

Chips:
Of course you cannot count out any fighter in an MMA fight. O f course you cannot count out Nick Diaz in a fight with anybody. Just because he got cut is not an excuse to lose a fight. If he took KJ Noons lightly I hope he learned from his lesson in that fight then. But truly I would definitely love to see this fight just to hear what Gomi would say before the fight. There would be a great war of words.

Post #13   11/29/07 9:07:20AM   

duggy

MMA Regular

duggy Avatar

Career:1,673-897
Chips:
im all for this fight happening again and im a huge diaz supporter. but, if anyone thinks KJ Noons wasnt winning that fight before it got stopped is delusional. diaz was getting handled soundly. i think that nick fights to the level of his competition. when he is the underdog he steps up (great fight with sancez, gomi, lawler) and when he is favored he seems to leave something at home (aina, noons). right now diaz's concern shouldnt be fighting again it should be to fix that paper scar tissue under his eyes. fighters could blow on nick and he would open up a cut under his eyes.

Post #14   11/29/07 10:49:48AM   

EvilScott

MMA Regular

EvilScott Avatar

Career:681-409
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Gladiator
Diaz's loss to KJ Noons didnt really have anything to do with his skill as a fighter, he just got cut... i think gomi will be better prepared next time but diaz will still have the ability to beat him.

Sorry dude, Diaz got beat up badly standing up. He was losing that fight and couldn't get it to the ground. I'm willing to bet Gomi on a good day (read: not in a non-title fight) is better in every aspect of the fight game that KJ (who is still a good fighter).

Post #15   11/29/07 3:14:11PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2