Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sean Sherk CSAC Ruling Postponed

Print  
Posted By Message

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk (Pictures) will wait two more weeks to hear his fate after the California State Athletic Commission on Wednesday decided to recess the 155-pound Octagon ace's hearing until November 13.

Sherk, 34, was set to go before the CSAC Wednesday morning to dispute tests which showed elevated testosterone levels and the anabolic steroid nandrolone in his A and B samples following his decision victory over Hermes Franca (Pictures) at UFC 73 on July 7.

The CSAC stated that polygraph evidence and testimony filed by Sherk's Attorney Howard Jacobs was not disseminated to the entire commission for review.

The lightweight expressed frustration to Sherdog.com at this morning's hearing, stating that he has invested $20,000 in the ongoing process.

A ruling on Phil Baroni (Pictures), who tested positive for boldenone and stanozolol metabolites following his submission defeat to Frank Shamrock (Pictures) on June 22 in San Jose, is expected this afternoon.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9741

Post #1   10/31/07 5:34:37PM   

MeanGreene

Banned

Career:167-99
Chips:
Frickin GAY! CSAC really thinks alot of themselves i guess....If i was Sherk and the UFC id look into sueing for all this lost time! These boneheads cant conduct a simple investigation no faster than this?!

Post #2   10/31/07 5:56:20PM   

slappywhite

MMA Regular

slappywhite Avatar

Career:806-546
Camp: Bobbaganoosh
Chips:

Posted by MeanGreene

Frickin GAY! CSAC really thinks alot of themselves i guess....If i was Sherk and the UFC id look into sueing for all this lost time! These boneheads cant conduct a simple investigation no faster than this?!

relax, I mean they're ruling on the fate of someones career here

Post #3   10/31/07 6:30:00PM   

chokesetterjake

MMA Regular

chokesetterjake Avatar

Career:1,699-1,076
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
how much longer?! holy shit

Post #4   10/31/07 6:43:37PM   

EvilScott

MMA Regular

EvilScott Avatar

Career:681-409
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by slappywhite

relax, I mean they're ruling on the fate of someones career here

That career has been on hold thanks to their ruling. Sherk already requested the ruling to be pushed back because he wasn't prepared because the CSAC didn't provide him with the info they were supposed to. Now the info he gave them they say they didn't read. ******* ridiculous.

Personally, I think Sherk is guilty, but the CSAC is really showing their incompetence here.

Post #5   10/31/07 6:54:04PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
****** A, CSAC can sux it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #6   10/31/07 7:01:13PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,944-989
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
2 weeks is not so huges times to wait for a guy who is juged guilty by almost everybody on the planet !!

in fact , it can be a good sigh for him !

well, we will see, i will not start to put the blame on the CSAC because the fault is on sherk first to have been caught above the limit of the rules in his blood sample !!

Post #7   10/31/07 7:04:15PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Delay Delay Delay................typical courtroom bullshit..........

Post #8   10/31/07 7:24:22PM   

GermanWolf

Learning to Sprawl

GermanWolf Avatar

Career:336-213
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
Sherk's sentence is either getting overturned or reduced to six months. Either way, I doubt he'll be stripped. He wouldn't be ready to fight before January any way, since he trains three months for a fight.

If they reduce the sentence to six months, he'll be eligible to fight January 8th. The UFC's having an event around January 18th, I believe. If they overturn the sentence, that's the earliest he'd fight anyway.

Sherk's holding the belt until he retires, and there's nothing the haters can do about it except cry. BJ "Burrito" Penn will gas and lose a decision, and nobody else is good enough on the ground to take him out.

The Hero of Time will reign supreme until he calls it a career in 2012. He will go down as the greatest lightweight in the history of the game when it's all said and done.

Post #9   11/1/07 3:35:24AM   

slappywhite

MMA Regular

slappywhite Avatar

Career:806-546
Camp: Bobbaganoosh
Chips:

Posted by GermanWolf

Sherk's holding the belt until he retires

R
O
F
L

Post #10   11/1/07 9:55:52AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by slappywhite

Posted by GermanWolf

R
O
F
L

Dont know why people think he is so invincible, he can be subbed on the ground or he could be KTFO trying for a takedown, BJ can do either before he gasses imho

Post #11   11/1/07 10:58:04AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by slappywhite

Posted by GermanWolf

R
O
F
L

Dont know why people think he is so invincible, he can be subbed on the ground or he could be KTFO trying for a takedown, BJ can do either before he gasses imho

He has only lost to Matt Hughes and GSP is his whole career and had a draw(36 fights), he's a pretty damn good fighter. He has NEVER been submitted because of his short stature and strength, and GSP knocked him out who is the best Welterweight in the world....I love BJ I just don't think he could win if it goes past the 2nd round.....Which it will.....

Post #12   11/1/07 11:24:30AM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
The only time ive seen BJ gas is when he took the fight with hughes on short notice so i dont know why you would think he is going to gas BJ is a machine...

Post #13   11/1/07 12:00:55PM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

The only time ive seen BJ gas is when he took the fight with hughes on short notice so i dont know why you would think he is going to gas BJ is a machine...

BJ has gased every single fight I have seen him fight that went passed two rounds. He even gased against Pulver in his most recent fight. He even admitted that he gased and needs to work on his conditioning...Conditioning has always been BJ's biggest crutch. I am not down on BJ I like him a lot, I am just stating facts and if you disagree your just a big BJ nut hugger....

Post #14   11/4/07 9:42:53AM