Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Is Fedor Emelianenko a Top-Five Heavyweight?

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Muay-Thai

MMA Regular

Muay-Thai Avatar

Career:100-45
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
UFC President Dana White again claimed that he tried to sign the fighter to a UFC contract — even though he thinks Emelianenko isn’t a top-five heavyweight.

White again argued that the only reason he tried to sign Emelianenko was because Couture wanted the fight. Otherwise, he said, Emelianenko is a terribly overrated fighter.

LINK

Post #1   10/31/07 12:15:06PM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
DW is full of it. If he had signed Fedor he wouldn't quit talking about how he has the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

Post #2   10/31/07 12:45:19PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
im a huge dana fan but he is wrong on this one, not only is fedor a top five hw, he is the top hw, his dominance is unprecedented.

Post #3   10/31/07 12:52:47PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
I believe he is Top heavyweight at this point but after a couple fights with guys like Monson he will drop quickly........

Post #4   10/31/07 1:14:07PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
if fedor isnt gonna be in the top 5 then who is? I doubt dana actually believes what hes saying, but the casual fans will, and since they dont really know anything about this fedor guy, they wont think too much of the ufc not signing him. Dana white's top 5 would probably be randy, nog, sylvia, gonzaga, and vera. The funny thing about that is how can you rank Nog 2nd in the world without ranking fedor first. He's not gonna promote someone from another organization, or someone that he cant or doesnt want to sign as being a top5 fighter.

Post #5   10/31/07 1:22:11PM   

chokesetterjake

MMA Regular

chokesetterjake Avatar

Career:1,764-1,114
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Pyrenus

DW is full of it. If he had signed Fedor he wouldn't quit talking about how he has the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

i agree with this

Post #6   10/31/07 1:46:41PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,015-1,027
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
well, Fedor is still in my top 5 but he is #5 !!

A ranking is a representation of the actual athlete performance so lets say 2007 performance and not a place when a guy can by on top forever even without fighting or fighting ridiculous opponent !!

it is not because the Steelers where the best team in the 70 that they must be ranged #1 year after year !!

Fedor was # 1 after he beated Big Nog and it was ok, but now he did not fight real competition for a while and in fact it is not him who have dropped in the ranking , it is the others who were more active and were fighting at a real top level who were moving up !!

Fedor can go up again but he will have to do the same thing that he did before and fight real top 5 guys !!

Last edited 10/31/07 2:02PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   10/31/07 2:02:13PM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:
Someone name 5 HWs better than Fedor.....giving reasons.

There isnt.

Here are 4 fighters that should be in anyones top 4. After that, then it is arguamble.

FEDOR
RANDY
BARNETT
BIG NOG

(And 3 are not even ufc fighters)

Post #8   10/31/07 2:12:02PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Deal with the fact that based on past fights...

Fedor > Randy

That wont change until they fight each other or if Fedor gets beat by one of the guys that Randy has wins over in HW.

Like it or not, facts based on previous fights no matter what year are your only tool to say this guys is better than this one.

What a BAD analogy using the steelers, the team changed, players are not the same, here we're talking about the same guy,SINGLE person. The only thing that doesn't change for TEAMS are the names

Last edited 10/31/07 2:43PM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: I wish I could write in Spanish
2 total post edits

Post #9   10/31/07 2:38:24PM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
what Dana said about Fedor in the press conference didnt have sence to me...
the way i see it Dana is mad at Fedor for saying "no" to the UFC, and now the easies thing for Dana is start talking trash and say that he never wanted to signed him, and if he was trying was 'cause Couture was asking for that fight.

and Fedor really is the Nº 1 HW in the world

Post #10   10/31/07 2:39:32PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
dana the ultimate ufc nuthugger. makes sense hes the president of it but he just want to say he has the better fighters and is hopin the pride guys lose o hell talk bout all the ones he cant sign, but where is Sokoudjou.

Post #11   10/31/07 2:55:57PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Fedor > Randy

That wont change until they fight each other or if Fedor gets beat by one of the guys that Randy has wins over in HW.

Like it or not, facts based on previous fights no matter what year are your only tool to say this guys is better than this one.

What a BAD analogy using the steelers, the team changed, players are not the same, here we're talking about the same guy,SINGLE person. The only thing that doesn't change for TEAMS are the names

Yeah man and the FIGHTER are evolving too man !!!
some are doing better and some are doing worse, and also some are not fighting or fighting low level competition.

accordind to you, we have to put Mohamed Ali on top of the boxing HW ranking because he was the best many years ago and nobody can beat him now because he is no longer fighting man !!!

also, according to you if Fedor lose a fight but it is not against a guy that Randy have beated, he will still be #1 ??? Ridiculous !!!

why are you so AFRAID of dropping Fedor in the ranking ???
it is a total disrespect for the others fighters who are fighting real actual top competition to try to move up in the ranking !!!

they can destroy everybody but according to you , because Fedor was #1 some years ago , he have his spot forever even if he fight no body or ridiculous opponent !!!

Last edited 10/31/07 3:34PM server time by tuvok500

Post #12   10/31/07 3:30:07PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Ordep

Fedor > Randy

some are doing better and some are doing worse, and also some are not fighting or fighting low level competition.

accordind to you, we have to put Mohamed Ali on top of the boxing HW ranking because he was the best many years ago and nobody can beat him now because he is no longer fighting man !!!

also, according to you if Fedor lose a fight but it is not against a guy that Randy have beated, he will still be #1 ??? Ridiculous !!!

it is a total disrespect for the others fighters who are fighting real actual top competition to try to move up in the ranking !!!

they can destroy everybody but according to you , because Fedor was #1 some years ago , he have his spot forever even if he fight no body or ridiculous opponent !!!

Mi point wasn't about Fedor being #1, was based on Fedor > Randy ......... I never mentioned who's #1, I was talking whos better between them and using the only tool available it's obvious that Fedor > Randy ,

Post #13   10/31/07 4:51:31PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
I love how Fedor is > Randy.......the only explanation you have is this >? Why is Fedor better, who was the last person of genuine quality that he beat? Hmmm yeah he is pretty awesome huh? I really could care less about Fedor, but now more than ever I am praying that he will fight couture...it will be a royal ass whooping. Randy actually fights, and he brings it everytime. I bet Fedor sits on his ass at home and watches Randy on PPV and prays that he never has to fight him. His talk is all crap, if he wanted to fight Randy he would have went to the UFC, its plain and simple, he obviously does not want to fight the best.

Post #14   10/31/07 5:54:52PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Ordep

Fedor > Randy

Mi point wasn't about Fedor being #1, was based on Fedor > Randy ......... I never mentioned who's #1, I was talking whos better between them and using the only tool available it's obvious that Fedor > Randy ,

you do realize that your " i'm with stupid " is pointing directly to your sentence man !!

you can try to save your ass by contradicting yourself with this other reply but nobody is crazy enough to believe that you are not biassed when it come to rank a guy who did not fight real competition for a while and that you are still telling us that the guy is better that couture even if couture is the actual ufc HW champ and that he fought 2 times this year in 2 championship fight !!

don't try to change your point by telling that in fact you never said that fedor is #1 because if you want to put fedor higher than couture you have to put him #1 man !!

are you coming directly from sherdog ???

Last edited 10/31/07 6:22PM server time by tuvok500

Post #15   10/31/07 6:21:14PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4