Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Liddell and Jardine Start Long Road To the Top

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Record: 541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
For Chuck Liddell, the road back to the top has to start somewhere.

One minute, the former UFC light-heavyweight champion was riding high, figuratively floating to the octagon on the adulation of the crowd; the next he was hitting the canvas after his opponent literally knocked him into near-unconsciousness.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   9/19/07 9:23:16AM   

moosejaw

Learning to Sprawl

moosejaw Avatar
Record: 26-18
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
I like Keith Jardine. He seemed very respectful on TUF, and looks great in the 205lb light heavy division.

The only problem is he does not deserve a match against Liddell. There are/were plenty of other contenders that deserve a shot at Liddell, and eventually the title, that are far more qualified.

The guy who BEAT Jardine deserves this fight.

Obviously Dana thinks that Jardine will get steamrolled by Chuck, and it will setup Chuck vs. Rampage 2.

Post #2   9/19/07 2:09:24PM   

buryyourdead

MMA Regular

buryyourdead Avatar
Record: 383-219
Chips:
Chuck vs Rampage 2? You mean 3. And that is a pointless fight Rampage has proven twice that he can walk through Chuck. Dana has allready said if Shogun wins it's going to be his title shot. Chuck Shogun could make for a great fight though but all the hardcore guys want to see him fight Wanderlei first we've been waiting way too long.

Post #3   9/19/07 5:12:42PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar
Record: 994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:

Posted by moosejaw

I like Keith Jardine. He seemed very respectful on TUF, and looks great in the 205lb light heavy division.

The only problem is he does not deserve a match against Liddell. There are/were plenty of other contenders that deserve a shot at Liddell, and eventually the title, that are far more qualified.

The guy who BEAT Jardine deserves this fight.

Obviously Dana thinks that Jardine will get steamrolled by Chuck, and it will setup Chuck vs. Rampage 2.

I respect Jardine, but I also feel he doesn't deserve this fight with Liddell. I mean he gets KO'd by a guy making his UFC debut, and is rewarded with a main event fight? I don't understand this one. Dana White has said he doesn't understand why people feel this way, because they are both coming off knock out losses. Yeah that is true, but Liddell lost in a championship fight, and has been one of the top guys for years. Jardine lost when he was still 2 or 3 big wins away from getting a shot, and has never really been a serious contender.

By the way Liddell Vs Rampage 2, has already happened. Rampage beat Liddell both times, so Dana wont put them up against each other again unless he has to.

Post #4   9/19/07 5:15:19PM   

AAfan

Learning to Sprawl

AAfan Avatar
Record: 58-54
Camp: Smash'em
Chips:
if Shogun wins and gets a title shot then i think the ufc will have a new 205 champ. Shogun has already beaten jackson and i think he can do it again

Post #5   9/19/07 5:39:53PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar
Record: 299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
all i can really say on this is, this is going be a great fight, a non title main event, and i think this fight could be a top 10 in my book

Post #6   9/20/07 1:01:39AM   

punisher

Learning to Sprawl

Record: 97-78
Camp: team punishement
Chips:
rampage is not going ta walk trough chuck now chuck is a whole new fighter and noo chuck left him self open comman mistake for any one

Post #7   9/20/07 10:41:26AM