Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

K1 Heros Event and Grand Prix Results *Spoiler*

Print  
Posted By Message

duggy

MMA Regular

duggy Avatar

Career:1,673-897
Chips:
Here are the fight results of the K1 event this weekend:

mmaweekly.com

Post #1   9/17/07 10:51:46AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
this is the 3rd time ive seen this, and the more and more i wanna see that 35sec fight

Post #2   9/17/07 11:40:03AM   

ultimatefight56

Learning to Sprawl

Career:283-162
Chips:
WAR JZ

Post #3   9/17/07 12:00:23PM   

xxdeadpoolxx

MMA Regular

xxdeadpoolxx Avatar

Career:890-595
Camp: Rocky Mountain Wrecking Crew
Chips:
wow sounds like a good card wish i would of seen it lots of good finishs. Would of liked to see Overeem get a win though.

Last edited 9/17/07 12:15PM server time by xxdeadpoolxx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/17/07 12:14:12PM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
I wish they would broadcast K-1 seriously. Makes me sad inside that i cant see Norifumi. hopefully someone will get it on the web. i'd pay to see it

Last edited 9/17/07 12:21PM server time by leland
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   9/17/07 12:20:58PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Sounds like a great night of fights...im a little surprised by all the fights that ended in the first round, but nothing wrong with that.

However, I am highly disappointed in Zelg Galesic...how the hell did he lose to Dong Sik Yoon...Im gonna have to see that fight, cause I just dont see how that happened.

Post #6   9/17/07 12:27:37PM   

emac_cleary

Learning to Sprawl

emac_cleary Avatar

Career:1,116-687
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
you can see most of the big fights on dailymotion.com kid's fight still aint up yet though

Post #7   9/17/07 12:54:25PM   

Vendetta

MMA Regular

Vendetta Avatar

Career:719-395
Camp: SSU Combat Club
Chips:
Calvancanti is a beast. I would've liked to see the fight with Shaolin go longer, but he was all over him. He should jump to top 3 in the rankings after those two wins.

Post #8   9/17/07 1:49:09PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
man, overeeem couldn't buy cardio even if he had all the money in the world.. both landed good shots though. props to kharitonov for looking more than a shell of his former self.

the sik yoon vs galesic fight was indeed disappointing, but i find sik yoon to be a very game opponent, i think with a couple more fights under his belt he could be a beast. zelg just needs to learn submission defense cuz being submitted via armbar by 2 judokas in a row hurts a mans self esteem. i've yet to watch the other fights tho

Post #9   9/17/07 3:08:18PM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:
Seriously! Overeem schools EVERYBODY before he gasses and loses.

Oh, and Sakuraba proved yet again he's not too old and broken. If he had been this active against Roid Gracie he would have killed him. Which strengthens my belief that Saku really was screwed over vs Royce, and they really did tell him it was 5 rounds and he was just warming up like the first fight.

Anyway, Rickson came into the ring and announced he has one fight left in him

Is it finally time to see the Gracie Hunter get that last kill securing his legacy as not only the greatest MMA fighter of all time, but the Gracie Killer?

Kid was not as explosive as usual (probably due not only to ring rust, but his injury wrestling). Can't wait to see his next one, he should be back up to par by then.

Post #10   9/18/07 12:57:08AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever

Seriously! Overeem schools EVERYBODY before he gasses and loses.

Oh, and Sakuraba proved yet again he's not too old and broken. If he had been this active against Roid Gracie he would have killed him. Which strengthens my belief that Saku really was screwed over vs Royce, and they really did tell him it was 5 rounds and he was just warming up like the first fight.

Anyway, Rickson came into the ring and announced he has one fight left in him

Is it finally time to see the Gracie Hunter get that last kill securing his legacy as not only the greatest MMA fighter of all time, but the Gracie Killer?

Kid was not as explosive as usual (probably due not only to ring rust, but his injury wrestling). Can't wait to see his next one, he should be back up to par by then.

Yeah didn't Overeem look even bigger than usual... and his head even smaller than usual? Both him and Kharitonov looked horrible IMO. Slow and sluggish.

Sakuraba looked great and his GnP from side was nasty ..

Kid is truly a phenomenon. I havn't been completely sold on him in the past but Bibiano sure is a tough bastard and I'll probably bet on him against almost anyone he faces next but still Kid put it too him. Bibiano dwarfed Kid in there but Kid kept on coming and impressed me more than he's ever did (all his knockouts included).
I look forward seeing them both in the ring again. I think Bibiano is going to be something special as well. His fight vs Urijah was bullshit and created the whole "remove elbows!" discussion. Bibiano did awesome in that fight until he got cut.

Post #11   9/19/07 10:17:02AM