Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Miletich Confirms Hughes Departure

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
You know a sport is maturing when institutions come to an end.

In Iowa, one of the world’s most prolific coaches has bid farewell to one of his star pupils - former UFC Welterweight Champion Matt Hughes has amicably split from longtime mentor Pat Miletich to start his own fight team, with plans to open a gym out of his home state of Illinois.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/31/07 5:37:53PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
good luck on his gym i think matt will do great

Post #2   8/31/07 5:39:55PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yeah, Matt will do good as a coach and business man. He is weel known enough for a fan base to want to train under him. Besides every time he is a coach he is very good at working his guys....getting them into shape and increasing their abilities. Plus if he retires any time soon (like 5+ years) he will still be making the money that he is used too. This has worked for many good fighter's and I don't see it being any different for Hughes.

Post #3   8/31/07 8:03:22PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
Couture left Team Quest started XTREME COUTURE and brought in all the guys he wanted to. Im sure some Miletich guys will still train with Matt especially Big Tim since Matt is his role model. Robbie Lawler will probably be there too.

I didn't get to see Matt teach a great deal of MMA on TUF2 mainly what they showed is him pushing the guys into shape but he was a great cornerman.

Post #4   8/31/07 10:07:22PM   

matthughes23

MMA Regular

matthughes23 Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
Matt will do great. Good luck to him with his gym. Go H.I.T! (Hughes Intensive Training)

Post #5   9/1/07 8:04:55AM