Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Could Liddle step up to fight randy again

Print  
Randy VS Chuck At HW
Randy 13 68%
Chuck 6 32%
Posted By Message

Btews22

MMA Regular

Btews22 Avatar

Career:190-116
Camp: Oregon Top Team
Chips:
Would the Couture War wagon keep oh a rollin!!!!!

Or would Liddle be the second man to have held both belts

Post #1   8/26/07 3:42:48AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
liddel would most likely win but i dont see this fight ever happening, unless it was some sort of both of them going out in style thing, and people dont just quit when they are hw champ of the world, which one of them would be after the fight (capt obvious lol)

anyways even though that fight might interest chuck i just dont see him moving up into a weightclass where he would not want to fight long term.

Post #2   8/26/07 6:00:01AM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:
Randy would take Chuck at HW. He's a natural Heavy and would use his strength. Chuck is as overhyped as GG. Look what happened when he faced a solid (not top) striker in Rampage. Rampage is a good, well-rounded fighter and he had no trouble with Chuck either time.

I don't even rank Randy top 10 in current HW, but a focused Randy can take it to anyone (he was in a rough personal place in his life during the Liddell rematches...not making excuses, but we all know what happens if you're not all there....CC vs GG).

I would bet on Randy at LHW too...

Post #3   8/26/07 8:43:12AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
This is a very intersting question. I have heard chuck say he wants to fight Cro Cop and Fedor. Before I get jumped on It was on Sirius on the Bubba The Love Sponge Show ( Best radio show out there IMO worth the $13 a month). I also think that ratings for that fight would be outragous. But Wandy just came over so that is suposed to be the goal now. But hey maybe thats how they can stop the Chuck Wandy fight from going down, they could make chuck next in line for the HW title. Maybe I should shut up they could be watching.

Post #4   8/26/07 10:48:51AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever

Randy would take Chuck at HW. He's a natural Heavy and would use his strength. Chuck is as overhyped as GG. Look what happened when he faced a solid (not top) striker in Rampage. Rampage is a good, well-rounded fighter and he had no trouble with Chuck either time.

I don't even rank Randy top 10 in current HW, but a focused Randy can take it to anyone (he was in a rough personal place in his life during the Liddell rematches...not making excuses, but we all know what happens if you're not all there....CC vs GG).

I would bet on Randy at LHW too...

wow. and liddell has never beaten top level competiton ever either right...

Post #5   8/26/07 1:25:00PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Well let's look at the numbers:

Chuck Liddell (natural LHW) has a 20-4 record, with 2 unavenged losses to Rampage.
Randy Couture (natural HW) with 16-8 record, with 7 unavenged losses, two of them to Chuck.

Last two times they fought at LHW, Chuck dominated bigger and stronger Couture.

What happens when Chuck doesn't cut weight before the match (I am sure he walks around way above 205) and faces Couture at HW? Nothing is for sure, but I would bet my money on Liddell.

Couture is an extremely sloppy striker who relies on his natural strength to get opponents in clinch, take them down, or tire them out. Last two times it did not work against Liddell. Three times the charm? I don't know.

Post #6   8/26/07 2:48:24PM   

Blizzard

MMA Regular

Blizzard Avatar

Career:1,285-886
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
Liddell is 2 for 3, It would be a battle that I would like to see again, I would like to see Randy pull out the win and tie it up, but I don't know if he could.
I think Randy could hold the HW belt for longer than Liddell, I don't think Liddell's style can hold up against the current HW's.
(but then again, I am shocked he lasted as long as he did as LHW champ)

Post #7   8/26/07 3:07:49PM   

brodieros

MMA Regular

brodieros Avatar

Career:101-69
Camp: Oklahoma Top Team
Chips:
Randy has found himself again so he would win and it would be a reallyshow for the fans and UFC

Post #8   8/26/07 3:48:10PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I don't see a reason why Liddell would get an immediate title shot at HW.

I don't see Liddell beating guys who are already in line for said title shot.

So, no.

Post #9   8/26/07 5:20:06PM