Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Filho was vomiting right before his fight against Joe!

Print  
Posted By Message

gutoo

MMA Regular

gutoo Avatar

Career:35-16
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Stephen Quadros and Aaron Crecy were live Tuesday for another edition of "The Stephen Quadros Show" on The Sherdog Radio Network.

Joining them was manager Ed Soares, who talked about the Brazilian fight team Black House, their relationship with other teams in South America, as well as PAULO FILHO (Pictures)'s US debut, and how the Brazilian was VOMITING right before his title fight with Joe Doerkson.

It's "The Fight Professor" on The Sherdog Radio Network!

source: [url]http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?id=277[/url]

this new(in portuguese): http://www.tatame.com.br/2007/08/07/Pai-coruja-reprova-atuacao-de-Paulao in the new said that filho┬┤s father confirm that his son was wominting and really bad,he said that after his surgery filho was making 102kg and must to cut for 84kg in few days!

Last edited 8/7/07 7:33PM server time by gutoo
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #1   8/7/07 7:14:11PM   

MurillaNinjaScrilla

Learning to Sprawl

MurillaNinjaScrilla Avatar

Career:393-248
Chips:
I could tell something was wrong with him in this fight. He was a little slower than usual going for takedowns. He seemed out of it in the post fight interview with Frank Mir also. It shows that Filho is a "true warrior" by still winning the fight.

Post #2   8/8/07 10:47:39AM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:665-468
Chips:
It could be nerves or maybe he was sick. I've heard a lot of fighters vomit before fights its not that uncommon.

Post #3   8/8/07 1:04:12PM   

MrGreeny

MMA Regular

MrGreeny Avatar

Career:511-324
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
It's not a big deal. A lot of fighters vomit before competition. I've seen a video of Tito Ortiz vomiting and saying "Yummy" after that...
It may be because of this surgery but it may be because of nerves...

Ya know Filho's father, i don't care if he had to cut even 50 kg. I hate the whole weight cutting shit. Diuretics FTW and fight 2 weightclasses below your natural weight...
I hope some day they make the weight-ins in the ring/octagon right before the fight... :P

Post #4   8/8/07 1:31:16PM   

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
i hate him i dont respect anyone who disrespec ts their competition i hope he gets put up with real top 10 MW's and gets smashed

Post #5   8/8/07 1:54:28PM   

MurillaNinjaScrilla

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by DMcCabe11

i hate him i dont respect anyone who disrespec ts their competition i hope he gets put up with real top 10 MW's and gets smashed

Who did he disrespect?

Post #6   8/8/07 4:20:37PM   

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
hes the most disrespectul ighter in history, he downplays eeyone elses abilities besides his and andersons saying he would destroy anyone including shogun and wand i hope he bumps into wand and shogun soon so he can get kneed out o MMA

Post #7   8/8/07 5:00:09PM   

MurillaNinjaScrilla

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by DMcCabe11

hes the most disrespectul ighter in history, he downplays eeyone elses abilities besides his and andersons saying he would destroy anyone including shogun and wand i hope he bumps into wand and shogun soon so he can get kneed out o MMA

I didn't know that. I'm not really a Filho fan but I just thought it was impressive that he was able to get the win while sick. Some people say "it's just nerves" or "it doesn't matter" but it definately affects the fighter.

Post #8   8/9/07 9:44:04AM   

ultimatefight56

Learning to Sprawl

Career:283-162
Chips:
That shows that Fihlo deserves to be champ if he still Ko'd Joe in the 1st round after that

Post #9   8/9/07 2:51:28PM   

SpiderSilva

Spiderweidman

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,760-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
well in time if he keeps winning in the WEC hell be in the UCF and fight whoever he thinks he can beat

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #10   8/9/07 7:11:30PM