Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Special report: Steroids, street drugs a problem in MMA, too

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
On the Tuesday before UFC 73, I was on the phone with a friend who works with a top mixed martial arts champion. The person understands the pro wrestling business well. I asked them if MMA has a similar drug culture to professional wrestling.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/6/07 1:25:49PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
Diego Sanchez tested positive for marijuana? I woulda never guessed that. Thought he was a spiritual goody two shoes insperational speacher type.. must be tryin to get in the zone with the green!

Post #2   8/6/07 1:38:17PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
To support, partially, what they said about the PRIDE policy. James Thompson has told US (the WarWagon) that he had to pee before and after every fight but never knew whether they checked for steroids, drugs, both, neither. He said since he's always clean he just never expected to hear anything.

Last edited 8/6/07 3:18PM server time by jimimak
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   8/6/07 3:17:29PM   

illinifighter

Learning to Sprawl

illinifighter Avatar

Career:575-397
Chips:
isnt mary jane medicinal so i mean that kinda sucks they check for that

Post #4   8/8/07 1:18:32AM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
I don't think they should get fined for marijuana..... lol I mean honestly, if anything weed makes you fight worse and deplenishes your stamina, and if anybody tells you weed helps you then they are ..... idiots.

Post #5   8/9/07 12:32:00PM