Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kevin Garnett traded to the Boston Celtics

Print  
Posted By Message

komodo20

MMA Regular

komodo20 Avatar

Career:1,536-1,081
Camp: L.I. TOP TEAM
Chips:
Kevin Garnett traded to the Boston Celtics for Al Jefferson ,Ryan Gomes,Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair and Theo Ratliff now they got Paul Pierce and Ray Allen three really good All Stars on there team now. How do you feel about this move.

Post #1   7/31/07 5:41:05PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I live in MN, and am torn between what to think about this...

Garnett is the best thing to happen to MN basketball, since... Well, I guess since we had the Lakers, lol...

He's literally bigger than life in the twincities, and it's going to be REALLY weird to see him in green and white...

On the other hand, we are a midmarket team that can't afford to have the highest paid player in bball, and still try to give him a decent supporting cast...

In all, I guess I like the move... Brought in some young talent, and are starting to rebuild a team... With Foye, McCants, Brewer, and now Jefferson it seems like they are building a team for the future... And a pretty decent one at that.

I don't know much about Gomes and Green, but have heard decent things about one or the other, can't remember... I know Telfair is kinda trouble with his undying need to "roll strapped" where ever he goes... And Ratliff is old, expensive and coming off of some sort of back surgery... Those are a couple of question marks, but meh...

It'll be sad to see him go, but I'll cheer for him wherever he plays... One of the classiest players in the game, and if anyone deserves a championship it's Mr. Automatic Doubledouble

Oh... I wanted to ask... Did the T-Pups end up getting a draft pick as well?

Last edited 7/31/07 6:03PM server time by pv3Hpv3p
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   7/31/07 6:02:09PM   

komodo20

MMA Regular

komodo20 Avatar

Career:1,536-1,081
Camp: L.I. TOP TEAM
Chips:
This trade was also with two first round draft picks and cash considerations

Post #3   7/31/07 6:13:43PM   

Aries2343

MMA Regular

Aries2343 Avatar

Career:621-418
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:
This is a MMA sight not basketball

Post #4   7/31/07 6:19:17PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I wish the Cavs would have got KG but its cool he is going elsewhere.

The Celtics are going to make a huge turnaround, thats for sure, but not championship material in one year time.

Post #5   7/31/07 6:27:04PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
This was stupid as hell on the boston Celtics part!!! Me myself is a Rockets fan because Steve Francis is tha shit but still...

Kevin Garnett isn't all that great. I agree with Skip Bailiff from ESPN Cold Pizza or First take whatever they call it now....He calls him Kevin GarNOTT!!! He's basically a 6'10'' Shooting guard with a little low post presence....

He won't be as good because he'll be fighting with Pierce over who will take more shots...Ray won't mind as long as he can fire off them 3's...

But why the Celtics are stupid?

1. They get rid of 2 future stars if not super stars in Al Jefferson and Gerald Green. That should have been enough for me to give away if I was the celtics because Al Jefferson is already sort of a star for them. He averaged almost 20 and 10 that year....Gerald Green won the 2007 NBA Dunk Contest and showed some real improvement and shooting skills towards the end of the season. He could have used Ray Allens & PauL Pierces experience and tips to help him be an elite SG...

2. They give away 1 or 2 1st round future draft choices and some cash which was way uncalled for. Ray, Kevin and Paul all all in there prime. They'll be at an elite leval for 2 more years or 3 or 4 if there lucky....They need to build some big man tallent like a center and a PG...

Predictions...

Celtics go 41-41 maybe make the Playoffs barely at the 7th or 8th seed because they have a good starting line up but they gave away all there bench help and all there future talent they could have developed and now they need to sign some shitty free agents to fill there roster and there stinky bench will cost them

Timberwolves go 32-50 becasue they have great talent that hasn't been developed yet but they win in the long term when all there talent is develop and become a legit contender in 2 or 3 years...

Post #6   7/31/07 6:28:30PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Aries2343

its the locker room smart guy its for the off topic stuff and no sh*t its a mma sight look at the title mmaplayground.com.

Post #7   7/31/07 6:46:03PM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

This was stupid as hell on the boston Celtics part!!! Me myself is a Rockets fan because Steve Francis is tha shit but still...

Kevin Garnett isn't all that great. I agree with Skip Bailiff from ESPN Cold Pizza or First take whatever they call it now....He calls him Kevin GarNOTT!!! He's basically a 6'10'' Shooting guard with a little low post presence....

He won't be as good because he'll be fighting with Pierce over who will take more shots...Ray won't mind as long as he can fire off them 3's...

1. They get rid of 2 future stars if not super stars in Al Jefferson and Gerald Green. That should have been enough for me to give away if I was the celtics because Al Jefferson is already sort of a star for them. He averaged almost 20 and 10 that year....Gerald Green won the 2007 NBA Dunk Contest and showed some real improvement and shooting skills towards the end of the season. He could have used Ray Allens & PauL Pierces experience and tips to help him be an elite SG...

2. They give away 1 or 2 1st round future draft choices and some cash which was way uncalled for. Ray, Kevin and Paul all all in there prime. They'll be at an elite leval for 2 more years or 3 or 4 if there lucky....They need to build some big man tallent like a center and a PG...

Predictions...

Celtics go 41-41 maybe make the Playoffs barely at the 7th or 8th seed because they have a good starting line up but they gave away all there bench help and all there future talent they could have developed and now they need to sign some shitty free agents to fill there roster and there stinky bench will cost them

Timberwolves go 32-50 becasue they have great talent that hasn't been developed yet but they win in the long term when all there talent is develop and become a legit contender in 2 or 3 years...

You my firiend are on crack. I live in Boston and am a Celtics fan. We sucked last year. Big Al will be a very good player, but never on KG's level. He doesnt play defense and will never be an mvp. Gerlad Green will be a career dunk man. His offense is improved, but he can't lead a team, refuses to play D, and gets in foul trouble every game. the Celtics will be a top 4 team. Your saying that teams in the East which are bad have a better 3 punch than KG, Pierce, and Allen...ur crazy. And to say we need to rebuild...what the hell do u think we've been doin for the last 4 years. How far has that got us...weve got worse. You guys don't watch every Celtics game....i know these players...Minnesota can have fun because in the talent filled West they'll get nowhere.

Post #8   7/31/07 7:21:35PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aries2343

As posted we can all tell this is an MMA site by the title of the website...

Why is it you can't do the same with the title for a thread???

If your not interested in the topic, don't bother posting...

But either way, thanks for your input!!! If you are that adamant about it, your going to spend a lot of timing letting us all know, that the topics in the locker / padded rooms are not suficiently MMA related to you tastes.

Have fun

Post #9   7/31/07 7:23:02PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Predictions...

You my firiend are on crack. I live in Boston and am a Celtics fan. We sucked last year. Big Al will be a very good player, but never on KG's level. He doesnt play defense and will never be an mvp. Gerlad Green will be a career dunk man. His offense is improved, but he can't lead a team, refuses to play D, and gets in foul trouble every game. the Celtics will be a top 4 team. Your saying that teams in the East which are bad have a better 3 punch than KG, Pierce, and Allen...ur crazy. And to say we need to rebuild...what the hell do u think we've been doin for the last 4 years. How far has that got us...weve got worse. You guys don't watch every Celtics game....i know these players...Minnesota can have fun because in the talent filled West they'll get nowhere.

Dawg, If one of your Big 3 get injured the Celtics are screwed. If KG goes down they won't be anything. He will amke them better for his low post game but he won't dominate. If Paul Pierce goes down just like last year there whole season will be ruined once again like last year except they'll still have a chance. IN the east any team can still be a 500 team....

Once those 3 in 2 years start getting nagging injuries while there aging the celtics will be screwed...

Post #10   7/31/07 7:34:52PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by babalu2720

Ouch... It hurts so bad...

The T-pups have been a pretty horrible team from the get-go... They really need something to change... Even better get that clownshoe McHale out of the front office... Thanks alot Boston j/k

I have to agree that saying Garnett is not one of the top 3 players in the NBA makes absolutely no sense... This man with a supporting cast, let alone 2 more all-stars = deep into the playoff, year 1; championship, year 2... And I'll tell you what, Peirce - KG - Allen... Almost makes you wanna remember the Parrish - Bird - McHale days... A new big 3 in Boston means a lot of trouble for the East, fosho

I can't completely agree with you that these young players will not pan out to be allstars or even MVPs... For a long time in MN it was about making the one bright spot (KG) standout, as appose to playing better as a whole... Might have to figure out that whole coaching thing too...

Hopefully they can lock these kids in good contracts, McHale has a stroke, we draft a couple future stars (with our extra picks) and in 4 years or so, we'll have a competitive team (at last)

Can guarentee I'll be watching more Celtics games this year though... KG is the man

Post #11   7/31/07 7:35:03PM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Predictions...

Dawg, If one of your Big 3 get injured the Celtics are screwed. If KG goes down they won't be anything. He will amke them better for his low post game but he won't dominate. If Paul Pierce goes down just like last year there whole season will be ruined once again like last year except they'll still have a chance. IN the east any team can still be a 500 team....

Once those 3 in 2 years start getting nagging injuries while there aging the celtics will be screwed...

Your right we will be screwed, but u can say that about any team...Cavs don't make it out of the first round of the playoffs if Lebron gets hurt. Boston fans are sick of rebuilding tear after year, and what we are doing now gives the best chance of winning....especially after we got screwed out of Oden or Durant...damn lottery

Post #12   7/31/07 7:37:14PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
I'm pumped on this trade. I wish he had gone to PHX, but this is solid too. I have always loved Ray Allan, and KG, I like Pierces game too. I think they are 3 unselfish superstars so it could potentially be one of the all time great trios. The only problem is they don't have to many years left while they are still in there primes. With a weak supporting cast they may need some time to fill a few holes in the lineup. At the sametime the east is weak, so they should be happy with a test run for next year.

Post #13   7/31/07 11:51:18PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Predictions...

first off kg has carried his team every year so if pierce or allen go down he will still have someone else,and allen has also carried his team.this boston team is looking good.now i just hope the lakers can do something.

Post #14   8/1/07 11:45:50PM