Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

MAYWEATHER VS HATTON

Print  
Posted By Message

komodo20

MMA Regular

komodo20 Avatar

Career:1,422-1,025
Camp: L.I. TOP TEAM
Chips:
After his win over Oscar de la Hoya on May 5th, Floyd Mayweather (38-0, 24 KOs) said he was hanging up his gloves…and not a single person believed him. Retirement was short for him as he has answered the callout of British boxing champ Ricky Hatton (43-0, 31 KO’s).

Mayweather is the current undisputed Welterweight Champion and considered the best Pound-for-Pound boxer in the world. Hatton comes in as the reigning 140-lb Junior Welterweight Champion and would like to be considered the best Pound-for-Pound. Hatton will move up to 147-lb for this fight.

Mayweather, 30, has had a blockbuster 10-year career, holding five titles from 130-lb all the way up to 154-lb, where he beat de la Hoya. Hatton, 28, also with a perfect record comes in having won titles at 140 and 147 pounds.

The Superfight is scheduled for September 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and will be shown on HPO Pay Per View.

Post #1   7/31/07 3:05:26PM   

owen1

Standup Guy

owen1 Avatar

Career:845-441
Chips:
Mayweather will just pick hatton apart and finish him in the later rounds!

Post #2   7/31/07 3:25:49PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
although i think its unlikely id like to see mayweather lose. the way he talks really bothers me, i know hes selling fights, but im not a fan of the thug style. i know hatton has a mouth too, but he doesnt bother me as much as PBF.

Post #3   7/31/07 3:48:46PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

although i think its unlikely id like to see mayweather lose. the way he talks really bothers me, i know hes selling fights, but im not a fan of the thug style. i know hatton has a mouth too, but he doesnt bother me as much as PBF.

pretty boy floyd is the greatest today PERIOD!

Post #4   7/31/07 4:00:35PM   

owen1

Standup Guy

owen1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by cowcatcher

Thank you!!! someone that agrees with me....mayweather is #1

Post #5   7/31/07 4:02:56PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
hey man i said it would be unlikely for PBF to lose, i just want it to happen. i think anyone would agree that right now he is definately the #1 p4p fighter in the world, its hard to find anyone else with his credentails. i jus dont like the guy outside of the ring, hes kind of a douche IMO.

Post #6   7/31/07 4:28:13PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
Hatton wins this one, I think. He'll fight up to his competition.

Post #7   7/31/07 4:50:00PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Maywheather's speed will be too much for hatton

Post #8   7/31/07 5:12:38PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by owen1

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by cowcatcher

There isn't anyone out there that's arguing he isn't #1#4#... But he's obnoxious and actually Cowcatcher put if very well... He's just a big-time-douche-bag... And I would love seeing him get embarrassed in the ring, but it probably won't happen...

But in all, he'll play the conservative game, win the UD, and leave us all unsatisfied... At least Ricky will get a good payday out of it

Boo floyd mayweather

Post #9   7/31/07 6:08:37PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
cowcatcher, man i agree execpt he isnt and never will be the best P4P fighte in the world,,,,,,,and u noe why??????? cus he is a boxer......u might say he is the best P4P boxer but not fighter............. the best p4p FIGHTER i would say fedor.....or on his weight classi would say Gomi.....

Post #10   7/31/07 6:33:43PM   

owen1

Standup Guy

owen1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by owen1

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by cowcatcher

There isn't anyone out there that's arguing he isn't #1#4#... But he's obnoxious and actually Cowcatcher put if very well... He's just a big-time-douche-bag... And I would love seeing him get embarrassed in the ring, but it probably won't happen...

But in all, he'll play the conservative game, win the UD, and leave us all unsatisfied... At least Ricky will get a good payday out of it

Boo floyd mayweather

The only people he will leave unsatisfied is people that dont like a great technical fighter who can just pick people apart and one of the most skilful fighters to ever get in the ring....but i can see were you are coming from i guess you either love him or hate him and i am a massive fan.

Post #11   7/31/07 6:37:03PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by rcg916

Hatton wins this one, I think. He'll fight up to his competition.

Hatton isnt even in the same league bro not even in the same league.Mayweather is cocky and he should be at least he talks and backs it up right?

Post #12   7/31/07 6:42:12PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by owen1

The only people he will leave unsatisfied is people that dont like a great technical fighter who can just pick people apart and one of the most skilful fighters to ever get in the ring....but i can see were you are coming from i guess you either love him or hate him and i am a massive fan.

can't really argue with the guy's technical superiority or the sheer amount of talent he posses, just ever since the Baldomir fight I have lost a ton of respect for him...

I know Carlos is a tough guy, but Floyd danced (ran) around the ring for the last 3rd of the fight when he could have easily finished it, IMO... I know... the broken hand thing, but he breaks it in almost every fight, and it sure didn't stop him from putting the smack down on Arturo...

If he comes in to fight, not just to win, I will be happy... If he is fighting just to keep that record perfect and win the dec, I just don't like that...

IMHO, It's the same reason MMAjunkie's like ourselves got frustrated when we watched BigTim / Monson... Or AA / Werdum

Post #13   7/31/07 7:41:36PM   

owen1

Standup Guy

owen1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by owen1

can't really argue with the guy's technical superiority or the sheer amount of talent he posses, just ever since the Baldomir fight I have lost a ton of respect for him...

I know Carlos is a tough guy, but Floyd danced (ran) around the ring for the last 3rd of the fight when he could have easily finished it, IMO... I know... the broken hand thing, but he breaks it in almost every fight, and it sure didn't stop him from putting the smack down on Arturo...

If he comes in to fight, not just to win, I will be happy... If he is fighting just to keep that record perfect and win the dec, I just don't like that...

IMHO, It's the same reason MMAjunkie's like ourselves got frustrated when we watched BigTim / Monson... Or AA / Werdum

ya i see what you mean cause tim sylvia frustrated the shit outta me fighting not to lose....but Floyds hand was broken and i broke my hand before and i couldnt even throw a punch so it wud b hard to finish someone like baldomir with a broken hand..lets just hope he doesnt break his hand against hatton and finishes him.

Post #14   7/31/07 7:50:13PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by owen1

Floyd Mayweather made Baldomir look like a fool,and the only people who didnt like that fight were the Mayweather haters.....The problem wasnt that Floyd was boring,the problem was that it was the biggest mismatch ever,and Baldomir didnt have the skill to make it a good fight.

If you saw the Forrest/Baldomir fight this past weekend then you would know that KOing Baldomir is no easy task.

We all know that Mayweather can put on an Amazing show if his opponent is skilled and able to compete with him...but Baldomir is a poor boxer,and Judah just underestimated him,and prolly didnt even train to fight him...and Baldomir's win over Gatti proved nothing since we all know Gatti is not the same fighter he was.....Baldomir was a nobody,so why risk getting hurt with someone like him,when you can have an easy win and continue with better fighters.......

I am more than sure Floyd is gonna wanna make a statement and really humiliate Hatton to prove the people that he is no where in his league just like he did with Gatti......I think Floyd does better against fighters that talk smack to really motivate him, and Baldomir was not that guy.

I also cant wait for the Cotto/Mosley fight......i think its gonna be on the same card as this one.....Cant wait!!!

WAR BOXING!!!!!!

Post #15   8/1/07 3:43:16AM