Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Finkelstein Discusses UFC, Fedor Emelianenko

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Sherdog w/ Vadim Finkelstein with Fedor on the side

LINK

Post #1   7/27/07 1:08:54PM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
doesn't sound like you will see him fighting for BODOG again

Post #2   7/27/07 1:24:32PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Good read. The Russians are spot on about world wide opportunity that the UFC is missing out on.

Post #3   7/27/07 1:49:03PM   

wilwith1l

MMA Regular

wilwith1l Avatar

Career:23-10
Chips:
Nice. Well put.

Post #4   7/27/07 1:55:57PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Yes, very nice read, definitely sounds like Bodog rubbed them wrong, but it sounds like K-1 has a legitimate shot at him as well.

Post #5   7/27/07 2:07:37PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I don't get why the UFC will allow fighters to participate in something like ADCC and won't let Fedor compete in Combat Sambo / In't Sambo???

It's a stupid point to get stuck on when you're talking about bringing in the top #4# fighter on the planet

Post #6   7/27/07 2:34:43PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:
This article made me side with the UFC on the negotiations. The UFC wants to sign Fedor and Fedor’s management wants to include Red Devil Productions in the deal. “I suggested that they have a UFC event in Russia, which I would organize for them” this is not something the UFC wants, they just want Fedor. They are there own promotion machine. They just want to sign a fighter to fight and not everything else. Sounds like Red Devil wants a piece of the action. They also want to get other fighters signed to the UFC based on Fedor’s resume? How is that logical? I think that the UFC should flex a little on the Sambo issue, but it’s hard to make the exception for him and not others. I believe that the exception should be made based on the fact that Fedor is the face of the sport. If the only issue was the Sambo issue then not getting the deal done is on the UFC, but if Red Devil keeps pushing for a piece of the action then it is on them. Maybe the UFC will use Red Devil if they go to Russia, but that shouldn’t be part of Fedors contract. I can see why Dana used the phrase “Crazy Russians”. Also, people like Roman Zentsov shouldn’t be riding Fedor’s coat tails into the UFC.

Post #7   7/27/07 3:27:26PM   

Murray_McNickle

Learning to Sprawl

Murray_McNickle Avatar

Career:57-46
Chips:
Good read, although not much of a mention of Aleksander (he's the second best Emelianenko on the planet), the part that gave me a laugh was the line "That's why they lose when fighting American wrestlers who dumbly take them down and lie on them for the duration match" Hell I would dumbly take you down too if I was getting my arse handed to me in the stand up!

Post #8   7/27/07 3:56:07PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by szucconi

This article made me side with the UFC on the negotiations. The UFC wants to sign Fedor and Fedor’s management wants to include Red Devil Productions in the deal. “I suggested that they have a UFC event in Russia, which I would organize for them” this is not something the UFC wants, they just want Fedor. They are there own promotion machine. They just want to sign a fighter to fight and not everything else. Sounds like Red Devil wants a piece of the action. They also want to get other fighters signed to the UFC based on Fedor’s resume? How is that logical? I think that the UFC should flex a little on the Sambo issue, but it’s hard to make the exception for him and not others. I believe that the exception should be made based on the fact that Fedor is the face of the sport. If the only issue was the Sambo issue then not getting the deal done is on the UFC, but if Red Devil keeps pushing for a piece of the action then it is on them. Maybe the UFC will use Red Devil if they go to Russia, but that shouldn’t be part of Fedors contract. I can see why Dana used the phrase “Crazy Russians”. Also, people like Roman Zentsov shouldn’t be riding Fedor’s coat tails into the UFC.

Hold on a second... Are you trying to say that UFC is actually doing something right this time?! I thought that Dana White's only purpose in life was to ruin MMA as a sport, and the Russians would never lie or exaggerate the truth about anything!

Clearly what we should do is believe everything Finkelstein (sic?) told us without hearing the other side, and go bash the UFC some more!!!

Post #9   7/27/07 4:20:49PM   

kimoron

MMA Regular

kimoron Avatar

Career:687-420
Chips:
with dana being known as a bit of a control freak when it comes to fighter contracts and fedors managment wanting a lienant contract its going to be real interesting to see which side caves first.

Post #10   7/27/07 6:38:58PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I think the UFC should let Fedor do his SAMBO comp's but there should be a "dangerous behavior" clause, excluding SAMBO. All major sports have them. We've seen what happened to Kellen Winslow III, Ben Rothlisburger, and even Frank Mir, all while riding motorcycles. If he gets hurt, he has to pay back some money.
It definately sounds like dude is trying to get in on the action. He'll "organize the event himself!!" Yeah, right, Dana and the Fertitas will get right on that. He needs to stop trying to make himself money and concentrate on whats best for Fedor and his two brothers.

Post #11   8/7/07 12:43:39AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
unfortunately i dont think aleks can ever fight in the us and that will prob rule him out for the ufc promoting him in other countries as well. im looking forward to seeing how the little bro progresses.

Post #12   8/7/07 4:13:27AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
Yeah, Aleks not currently allowed to fight in the U.S., but you're right, I'd like to see their little bro!! From what I've read and things I've seen online, he's going to be bada**. Especially since Fedor and Aleks train w/him.

Post #13   8/7/07 2:43:23PM