Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dopey: CSAC Releases Drug Testing Results

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,940-1,617
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Twenty-eight fighters licensed by California have violated the state's anti-doping policy from March 31 through July 6 of this year, the California State Athletic Commission revealed Wednesday. Of those caught for various steroid and drugs-of-abuse violations, over 71 percent came from mixed martial arts, this despite 14 fewer cards than boxing and kickboxing combined.

Link

Post #1   7/19/07 10:24:20AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Obviously I am not in these athlete's shoes, but I can't imagine why someone would do something like this KNOWING that drug and steroid testing is part of the sport? It's beyond me...To say I'm disappointed in Royce Gracie is a major understatement. I was honestly bummed out and in a bad mood when I found out that Royce tested off the charts. That's like Superman testing positive.

Post #2   7/19/07 11:10:37AM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Career:376-251
Chips:
At first i thought it was ridiculous to punish for weed, or to overturn a fight like diaz's. However, i guess the argument could be made that you can train harder then use the ganja to relax and recover from the bumps and bruises and be able to get right back at it even harder the next day. Its a stretch though. Given that it hurts your cardio and pacifies a fighters aggressiveness its actually detrimental to training/fighting, and should not be cause to overturn a decision. California says they are introducing a rule next year to overturn decisions based on drug test violations, i hope it only applies to true performance enhancers and not marijuana.

Post #3   7/19/07 11:54:02AM   

k_lup07

MMA Regular

Career:137-75
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
no, weed definitely shouldnt count, as many people use it and not as a performance enhancer. yes it helps chill you out, but thats just everyday stress. and the shit that he was numb when fighting is some bullshit, its weed not coke. you fight sloppier and slower stoned

Post #4   7/19/07 1:49:33PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Looks like I need to say this again.....

Some substances are banned not because they are performance enhancers, pain killers, etc. themselves, but because they or their byproducts (of breakdown) can make tests for bona fide substances ambiguous.

Post #5   7/19/07 1:55:01PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
That and these substances are illegal. DUH! Weed should be banned, do you not understand that it is illegal? How stupid do you have to be to not know hey i'm going to be tested maybe I shoulden't smoke this joint with my homies from lodi?

Post #6   7/19/07 2:36:40PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
Bud's a plant, just a ****** tree. And it shouldnt count, its a personal choice and has nothing to do with fighting, not a performance enhancer.

Last edited 7/19/07 2:42PM server time by MisFiT
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   7/19/07 2:41:58PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:

Posted by jahdoug

At first i thought it was ridiculous to punish for weed, or to overturn a fight like diaz's. However, i guess the argument could be made that you can train harder then use the ganja to relax and recover from the bumps and bruises and be able to get right back at it even harder the next day. Its a stretch though. Given that it hurts your cardio and pacifies a fighters aggressiveness its actually detrimental to training/fighting, and should not be cause to overturn a decision. California says they are introducing a rule next year to overturn decisions based on drug test violations, i hope it only applies to true performance enhancers and not marijuana.

probably the smartest thing i have heard all day, as an avid weed smoker myself i can say from first hand experience it doesnt improve performance on anything, then they go and steal the biggest win of diaz's career from him for something stupid like that, why not reverse the decision on royce's fight, or take the title away from sherk, now i guess we have to wait to see bj take it from him

Post #8   7/19/07 3:06:26PM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,880-1,173
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Didnt some dude test positive for Meth that fought on the Gracie Sakaraba fight

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #9   7/19/07 6:05:19PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Opium's a plant...still illegal to shoot opium, heroine other opiates. Cocain is also made from a plant. Mushrooms omg, yeah plant! I could go on and on and on. Because it's a "plant" doesn't make it any less illegal. It may not be a performance enhancer, but it's a rule like anything else and i'm sure if it's ever legalized then they will allow fighters to smoke it, like tabacco and alchol. As for diaz testing positive and having his fight reversed, good deserves it for being stupid, but thats a different org. and I do think the UFC and K-1 should floow prides example.

Post #10   7/19/07 6:19:41PM   

k_lup07

MMA Regular

Career:137-75
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:

Posted by MisFiT

Bud's a plant, just a ****** tree. And it shouldnt count, its a personal choice and has nothing to do with fighting, not a performance enhancer.

no doubt, america is ridiculous on herb. some people just dont care, the government says its illegal and they close their mind to that. eventually theyll legalize it to the general public, its coming slowly.

Post #11   7/19/07 8:29:57PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
rofl do you honestly believe the american government will legalize marijuana in your lifetime? I think you're dreaming. I doubt it will even happen in Canada anytime soon, and it sure as hell isn't happening in the States before it happens up here. Your government is completely insane when it comes to drug law enforcement.

Post #12   7/20/07 3:30:08AM