Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I wonder how many fighters have been unfairly 'popped' for PED's over the last 10+ years?

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,298-1,610
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
So I am currently listening to the most recent MMA-focused Podcast by Joe Rogan and the guest is none other than The Golden Snitch himself, Jeff Novitsky.

And he's talking about how fighters get unfairly prosecuted without due diligence. He references at one point, Courtney Casey. How she tested positive for an elevated T/E ratio and the athletic commission made a formal announcement of the positive test to the public without consulting the other samples. USADA came in and gave damning evidence that disproved the results of the state commission. But it was too late, Casey (who lives in a small Hawaiian community) had people turn their backs on her, pulled they children from her academy and tarnished her image with friends and family. Luckily she was exonerated; but it got me to thinking. How many athletic commissions before the UFC/USADA era had publicly tarnished the image of a fighter without testing the second sample? Or didn't have another sample to test?

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   1/4/18 3:13:30PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,323-3,537
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
You don't want factual data...do you?

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #2   1/4/18 7:53:24PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:
I know Sean Sherk got fucked over by the CSAC back in 2007 and got his title stripped because of it.
But I'm sure there has also been a bunch of other people who got fucked over by the commissions either on purpose or by sheer incompetence.
I'm sure that some fighters got fucked over by USADA, too. Frank Mir pretty much put it bluntly when he said USADA has to catch fighters to make money and many commissions make more money by catching "cheaters" and fining them. Commissions are always trying to catch people on technicalities and not care when it's obvious that there is an error with their testing and I'm sure USADA is more or less the same.

Post #3   1/4/18 8:00:51PM