Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

ABC ruining MMA

Print  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,393-3,575
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
A lot of the recent changes in MMA is due to the UFC and DW trying to legitimize the sport, which started as a great idea. Now with the un unified rules, shady judging, poor refing, USADA/WADA irregularities and heavy handindness, and desire to bring on a shot ton of new weight classes I am starting to see why the sport is in this dire position. The Association of Boxing Committee, the guys who rule the extremely shady world of Boxing somehow has power over the sport of MMA, assigning judges and refs through the state athletic commissions which are corrupt in their own right. The sport needs a big dramatic and radical change.

I suggest (I bet I am preaching to the choir) is that the sport does what the NFL did and forms their own commission that dictates the direction of the sport, including rules and regulation. This combined with a fighters union (at least one union per major organization) would elevate the sport to where everyone says they want it to go. Not likely as the money and political ties the ABC has would fight it, there is a lot of money on the line. But a good idea that I think should be considered. I swear the shot I've seen lately has made me think this whole thing is ran by corrupt idiots who couldn't run a fucking McDonald's.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   5/29/17 3:30:52AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,393-3,575
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
An example of how to handle a recent situation.
GDR (Th Iron Lady/WFW Champ) now has 3 reasons why she won't defend her title at FW (1. Broken hand, 2. Cyborg does Roids, 3. Plan has always been to return to BW)
Try offering her a good portion of money, something that can change your life, say $1.5M or so...if she refuses then strip her of the title and find an opponent for Cyborg who has ruled the division for about a decade and is the reason the division was created. Allow GDR to have a high profile fight at BW, let her see how the fans react to her.
Have a WMMA FW TUF, guarantee the winner a shot at Cyborg to grow the division and implement the weight class to the Tuesday night fights that Dana is promoting. Bring in a couple girls from Invicta and find out how many girls are tired of cutting to BW, just like they are tired of trying to make 115. Build it and they will come.

Post #2   5/29/17 5:37:12PM