Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC vs the World: just an old fun match up forum

Print  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,219-3,452
Chips:
Pick 1 UFC star/champ/fav in their current form, match them up with a fighter of the same weight class in their form then say why the fight would be fun or matter for the sport. Not "prime" fighters...fighters as they are today.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   3/25/17 8:06:08PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Chips:
HW Stipe vs Vitaly Minakov
Same build and same type of fighters, both champs of the premier leagues in the sport plus a certified slugfest.
LHW Liam McGeary vs Nikita Krylov
Would have been perfect had Bellator picked him up, again both have similar builds and style...would be a high action fight.
MW Mamed Khalidov vs Luke Rockhold
Not a weak match up for either, both have great strikes but I think the kicks of Rockhold would make it a good fight, plus Mamed would test that chin for sure.
WW Ben Askren vs Damian Maia...total grappling wizards at its finest.
LW Michael Chandler vs Jim Miller just cause I think Miller pulls the best out of every opponent.
FW Frankie Edgar vs Patricio Freire...I want to see someone either in a war or giving us a quick finish...this guarantees one of those outcomes and maybe even both.
BW Eduardo Dantes vs Marlon Moraos

Add more or less if you want but the only other fight I really want to see (if possible which I doubt) is Rousey vs Cyborg....sorry but they built it and I came so....WTF!

Post #2   3/25/17 8:30:35PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,468-3,140
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
HW - JDS vs Fedor - Fedor might be a shell of his former self but I'd still be interested in this one.

LHW - Anthony Johnson vs Liam McGeary - I think it would be a good style matchup. It's a fight I couldn't see going more than 2 rounds as well.

MW - Jacare Souza vs Mamed Khalidov - Khalidov is up there with Fedor as one of the best fighters to never have a go in the UFC imo. This would be another really good style matchup. Both are much more well rounded than Johnson and McGeary though.

WW - Demian Maia vs Rousimar Palhares - The grappling matchup we never got to see. It doesn't have as much appeal as it did a year or two ago but that's a fight I always wanted to see but probably never will

LW - Dustin Poirier vs Justin Gaethje - This one writes itself. How great would that fight be? I hope we get to see it after Gaethje finishes out his contract.

FW - Max Holloway vs Patricio Freire - Again, another great matchup this would be. FOTN written all over it.

BW - John Lineker vs Joe Warren - This wouldn't be a competitive fight but I imagine how great the knockout would be. Who doesn't love seeing Joe Warren lose and lose badly?

FLW - Ben Nguyen vs Askar Askarov - Watch out for this kid. This would be a good opening fight for him.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #3   3/26/17 12:54:44AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Chips:

MW - Jacare Souza vs Mamed Khalidov - I dig this fight, I always wanted to see Khalidov in the UFC.

WW - Demian Maia vs Rousimar Palhares - The jitz disply...good god that would be amazing!

LW - Dustin Poirier vs Justin G - Welcome aboard Justin! Guard that grill...a banger for sure.

BW - John Lineker vs Joe Warren - haha...yeah screw JW!

Post #4   3/28/17 12:59:18PM