Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Cro-Cop changing the face of mma

Print  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
In American MMA market the face of mma is Chuck Liddell. But I believe by the end of the year Cro Cop will be taking his place. One thing I'm really looking forward too with Cro Cop coming to the US, is that I believe his fighting style expecially in the heavyweight division will actually educate the American public on more technical aspects on fighting. No one in America has seen a fighter like him and can you imagine putting Cro Cop as a coach on the TUF show? He is going to blow American fans minds once he throws that high kick. The only sad thing about it is, but it's extremely smart on his part, is that he will be more famous then Fedor, probably end up one of the most famous fighters in the world with the combined exposer in K1 and Pride and now the UFC. But if the UFC and Pride can come together and have a UFC Champion Cro Cop vs. Pride Champ Fedor, biggest fight in mma history.

Last edited 1/31/07 2:41PM server time by aceprone
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #1   1/31/07 2:02:30PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,891-1,160
Chips:
I agree 100% he will be the most popular mma fighter in america in a year

Post #2   1/31/07 2:07:46PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by thelastking

I agree 100% he will be the most popular mma fighter in america in a year

i believe eddie sanchez will be
sanchez via right hand 1st round.

Post #3   1/31/07 2:18:38PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

In American MMA market the face of mma is Chuck Liddell. But I believe by the end of the year Cro Cop will be taking his place. One thing I'm really looking forward too with Cro Cop coming to the US, is that I believe his fighting style expecially in the heavyweight division will actually educate the American public on more technical aspects on fighting. No one in America has seen a fighter like him and can you imagine putting Cro Cop as a coach on the TUF show? He is going to blow American fans minds once he throws that high kick. The only sad thing about it is, but it's extremely smart on his part, is that he will be more famous then Fedor, probably end up one of the most famous fighters in the world with the combined exposer in K1 and Pride and now the UFC. But if the UFC and Pride can come together and have a UFC Champion Cro Cop vs. Pride Champ Fedor, biggest fight in mma history.

I think the best way Cro-cop could change the face of MMA is to be a TUF coach. It would give another foreign fighter exposure , and acclimate more american fans to accepting someone to whom english is not a first language(GSP did well). Also, like Chuck , CroCop has amazing takedown defense. If he was given some good standup fighter's who's takedown defense is subpar( Kit Cope, Cung Lee come to mind ) , and can actually teach it, it would change MMA. Grappler's would improve standup, sriker's making the move to MMA would be given time to develop ground skills, Less LnP.

Last edited 1/31/07 3:08PM server time by hippysmacker

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   1/31/07 3:07:49PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by aceprone

I think the best way Cro-cop could change the face of MMA is to be a TUF coach. It would give another foreign fighter exposure , and acclimate more american fans to accepting someone to whom english is not a first language(GSP did well). Also, like Chuck , CroCop has amazing takedown defense. If he was given some good standup fighter's who's takedown defense is subpar( Kit Cope, Cung Lee come to mind ) , and can actually teach it, it would change MMA. Grappler's would improve standup, sriker's making the move to MMA would be given time to develop ground skills, Less LnP.

not to throw this whole thread off topic but.. was kit cope on mtv true life im a muy thai fighter??

Post #5   1/31/07 3:40:27PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
not to throw this whole thread off topic but.. was kit cope on mtv true life im a muy thai fighter??

Yep. He's also on the world wide of Spike which is kind of like a less gay version of Jackass, where they get their ideas to do crazy stuff by watching people do it first.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   1/31/07 3:45:04PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Don't dishonor a thread about Cro Cop, with talking about Kit Cope and Mtv...You owe Cro Cop an apology.

Post #7   1/31/07 3:54:14PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aceprone

Don't dishonor a thread about Cro Cop, with talking about Kit Cope and Mtv...You owe Cro Cop an apology.

LOL .....Forgive me Lord Mirko.

Last edited 1/31/07 4:02PM server time by hippysmacker

The Iron Code

Post #8   1/31/07 4:01:08PM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
yea that was kit cope

Post #9   1/31/07 7:55:57PM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
ufc and pride will never have a super fight if a pride fighter and ufc fighter fought it would be a pride guy signing wit the ufc first then they would fight

Post #10   1/31/07 7:57:56PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tffdwg38

ufc and pride will never have a super fight if a pride fighter and ufc fighter fought it would be a pride guy signing wit the ufc first then they would fight

The UFC and pride already tried to set one up and it Wandy vs Chuck. So unless you think Wandy is a UFC fighter, I disagree. Also, the only other rumored fight between org's has been Gomi vs Sherk. You gotta have hope man, it will happen someday.

The Iron Code

Post #11   1/31/07 8:00:18PM