Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 74 DIscussion

Print  
  Page 6 of 6   <<   3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
IMO, that was one of the best main cards I've seen in a long time, if not ever. All the fights were exciting and technical and the reffing was great. I can't wait to see the undercard fights.

Man each fight had something great.

spoilers below..........

Stevenson vs. Kurt - great fight going back and fourth with reversals and sub attempts.

Grove vs Cote - I was very impressed with Cote in this fight. I even made the coment before he hit Kendall. I am happy for him because I think he has potential. He probably wont be a champion, but I think he can get better and be a fighter to watch.

Huerta vs Crane - Crazy fight. Again, I think Huerta's weakness was exposed just assured me that he is over-rated as a fighter. He doesn't seem to have good takedown defense and his ground game is really only a decent defense. I loved how he used the big screen to throw strikes behind him. lol Crane kept going despite taking a beating. Props to him. Did any one else see that blister pop?

GSP vs. Koscheck - as soon as I saw GSP come out I knew he was winning the fight. You could even see that Kosheck had second thoughts at some points in the first round. I loved it how GSP out wrestled the UFC's wrestling golden boy. I only wish that GSP could've finished him off.

Coutrure vs Gonzaga - This one went down exactly as I called it. As I said before, I wasn't convinced Gonzaga is the next champion. He is a good fighter, but people need to learn that one big win doesn't mean you are going to walk all over the division. Props to Gonzaga for rocking Randy in the 2nd and 3rd rounds despite the beating he took prior. His nose must have been broken because he was breathing out of his mouth.

Refs - they did everything correct IMO. All their calls and stand-ups were done just right and they had great communication with the fighters.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #76   8/26/07 10:53:56AM   

CanadianCripplr

MMA Regular

CanadianCripplr Avatar

Career:1,779-1,036
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by Rush

GSP vs. Koscheck - as soon as I saw GSP come out I knew he was winning the fight. You could even see that Kosheck had second thoughts at some points in the first round. I loved it how GSP out wrestled the UFC's wrestling golden boy. I only wish that GSP could've finished him off.

I too was hoping he would make him tap and I think if he had another 30 seconds Koz woulda been screamin like a little kid. I havent seen a replay but he was just putting a submission on when the bell went, wasnt he?

Post #77   8/26/07 2:38:17PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
He didn't look any closer to submitting at the end of the round than earlier.

Post #78   8/26/07 3:39:38PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
It looked like when he grabed Kos leg he screamed in pain.

Post #79   8/26/07 3:44:14PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Refs - they did everything correct IMO. All their calls and stand-ups were done just right and they had great communication with the fighters.

One thing on the refs, well Herb in the Couture fight. No warning for GG just a straight up point deduction for cage holding, a little harsh i thought...

He also seemed reluctant for a restart when Randy was not really doing anything with GG against the cage for a long period.

Other than that, spot on I thought also.

Post #80   8/26/07 3:45:30PM   

sammyd1213

MMA Regular

sammyd1213 Avatar

Career:116-82
Chips:
Thats what happens when your fighting a guy that everyone wants to see do well... You get no breaks at all..

Post #81   8/26/07 7:28:42PM   

charlieizu

Learning to Sprawl

charlieizu Avatar

Career:94-54
Camp: Vale Tudo UK
Chips:

One thing on the refs, well Herb in the Couture fight. No warning for GG just a straight up point deduction for cage holding, a little harsh i thought...

BULLSH1T
GG broke the fight because he had blood in his eyes, you cant do that my man.
as dean said "you can either fight or you cant"
i would have personally taken a point away there and then

Post #82   8/26/07 8:09:27PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Actually it looked to me like Herb warned him and he never broke it, or grabbed it again straight away and it was a takedown stopper that made him do that, i really dont think there was any bias and the refs arent paid by the ufc so have no reason to favor 1 fighter like that

Post #83   8/26/07 8:48:49PM   

Page 6 of 6   <<   3     4     5     6