Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Off the Mobius strip

Print  
Posted By Message

Jakarta2015

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Ok, now perhaps this is a bit out there. There is thinking outside the box and then there is insanity. This admittedly on the giddy knife edge of the two, but hear me out: i would like to challenge the members of this forum to come up with a cardio exercise you can do without moving.

Now before you laugh it off, remember that all great breakthroughs occur in areas where people think there is no room for change. If you had told me at one time that there was a style of martial arts where you start laying on your back, i would have laughed it off. After all, all martial arts up to that period, western fighting arts included, ENDEDwhen a guy was on his back. But the genius of Brazilian jujitsu is exactly that: the ability to think outside the box where no one else would go. The frontier where everyone's thought processes stopped, that's where it started.

Now think of all the poor slobs around the world, myself included, desk jockeys locked behind some friggin desk, hammering away on a plastic keyboard so their bosses can retire in the Caymans: imagine if they had a way to work their cardio when they were at work.

It would be a revolution, a boon to the world.

Waiting for a phone call, for a train, a plane, you could work your cardio.

Studies have shown that no matter how many times a week you exercise, sitting totally sedentary for long periods of time greatly decreases your life span.

Such a solution could save countless lives.

The challenge is to come up with two systems:

1. a way to work your cardio while sitting; movement is allowed. People could see you were exercising.

2. a way to work your cardio while sitting; movement is not allowed (or it is very slight); no one could see you were exercising (this is obviously the highest level, the most desirable level: the NIRVANA of exercise).

I am an old school boxer. Have been living in Asia for 20 years. And let me confess, that yes, i am in dire need of this solution. The lives we lead are not sustainable. The work we do is clearly killing us; yet we can not change. This weighs on me every day. The forced inactivity. It is like torture. The unhealthy lifestyle. Running in the morning, workouts at lunch, brisk walks in a mall, etc. this is not cutting it. I need a more radical solution to make this lifestyle (which most people in offices have) liveable.

Now, i don't know much about fitness, physiology, etc. I do suspect though that cardio is activated when both arms and legs are moving. The aerobic and anaerobic are never totally independent. Some movement may be needed.

Surely we can come up with a method: it may involve isometrics, contractions, breathing, (bobbing and weaving?)

Is anyone with me on this or have i totally slipped off the cultural Mobius strip here???
thx Gentlemen, Ladies Looking forward to hearing your solutions!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #1   2/13/15 2:11:00AM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,257-679
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I do man titty bounces while sitting at my desk constantly.
Great for my cardio.

Post #2   2/14/15 1:23:50PM   

Gumby90

In Full Mount

Career:3-1
Chips:
Yogic breathing, snorting cocaine.

You're welcome.

Post #3   2/14/15 8:10:36PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar