Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC PPV prices raised permanently....despite promises otherwise

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FKA

Standup Guy

FKA Avatar

Career:61-37
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
NEW
As i think about it,where a ppv takes place shouldn't really make a difference whatsoever on ppv numbers......live gate and attendance yes

But ppv buys reflect demand of product and overall card quality which has been down.

Post #31   1/31/15 5:12:53PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:811-447
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
NEW

Posted by FKA

As i think about it,where a ppv takes place shouldn't really make a difference whatsoever on ppv numbers......live gate and attendance yes

But ppv buys reflect demand of product and overall card quality which has been down.

yeah it does, but the free shows on tv also come into factor, it also does make a difference where it takes place because of language barriers, the economy of the country and also the time difference which definitely affect ppv buys.

no doubt it has declined, but to me the free shows make a massive difference to that and im sure the ufc saw that coming a mile away.

wether the cm punk thing is due to that is up for debate. The ufc always wants MORE. cash money baby!

Post #32   1/31/15 6:19:24PM   

FKA

Standup Guy

FKA Avatar

Chips:
NEW
You see im not arguing all the live free events are helping with the low numbers.....

Your supporting my argument really because this is basically oversaturation and over inflation at its core....

The ufc runs alot of shows .......alot of subpar shows......

Not nakibg people want to pay money when a ppv rolls around....

Post #33   1/31/15 7:47:25PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:811-447
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
NEW
What do you think the reason is for these 'sub par shows' and over saturation ?

It's the demand.

I'm trying to say that ppv numbers don't really mean anything anymore, or not as much as they used to.

Post #34   1/31/15 8:09:51PM   

raasnio

Learning to Sprawl

raasnio Avatar

Career:966-717
Camp: the nobodies
Chips:
NEW
Disappointing, but I expected to see an increase in pricing. I only buy about two PPVs per year so no big deal for me. I usually go to a bar to watch them. Much more inexpensive that way.

Post #35   2/1/15 10:36:46AM   

FKA

Standup Guy

FKA Avatar

Chips:
NEW

Posted by aussiemma

What do you think the reason is for these 'sub par shows' and over saturation ?

It's the demand.

I'm trying to say that ppv numbers don't really mean anything anymore, or not as much as they used to.

Demand is not high enough to account for as many free shows as they are doing.

Seriously ruining any interest by constantly pitting on shows with people casuals and hardcores cant recognize.

As far as low ppv buys .......where the ppv takes place doesnt matterr......

People ordering the ppv dont care if its america or a pool hall.....,the people fighting matter,and the overall quality of the card that's in direct correlation with overall buy rates.

Like i said live gate and attendance would be affected if they held all ppvs outside america but the majority of buys come from america......not the place hosting the event.

Whats causing the decline is less interest or demand for this new more expensive and less attractive version ufc is offering up.

Post #36   2/1/15 2:57:30PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3