Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Must read full ufc lawsuit

Print  
  Page 9 of 9   <<   6     7     8     9  
Posted By Message

GDPofMPG

Fighters>Promoters

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,718-1,119
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
NEW

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by FlashyG

Then again I don't think you really care about the lawsuit at all, other than as a topic where you can freely bang your "I hate the UFC" drum.

Unless you can counter the merits of holding such an opinion after being presented with an array of reasons to justify holding it from the source, then what is this post really?

I care about the this topic as much as the person who started it. There is a reason this thread even exists, it has everything to do with the job the UFC is doing with their products. In particular the one product everyone here should, I hope, care about more then the UFC, the fighters who actually preform and put on the show we all watch. This entire discussion exists because UFC has demonstrated they are not great business partners for the fighters, a statement that seems to be reinforced weekly through their actions and the difficulties verbalized from people subject to their nefarious ways as a tradeoff for being a good fighter in this sport.

The reason this thread exists is because a few disgruntled fighters filed a lawsuit that has very little chance of winning.

Outside of the OP, and a few links he's provided FKA hasn't had any posts about the merits of the lawsuit.

He's spent the majority of it bashing Dana, wishing his death and making erroneous claims about the UFC's past based on forum posts from another messageboard not on any cited material.

There have been countless posts edited and deleted, and countless attempts to steer the conversation back to the lawsuit, but every time someone tries the same poster ends up steering it in all sorts of other directions mostly with variations of why he thinks Bellator is better than the UFC.

You cannot identify the players with out acknowledgment of the origin of their intent on the matter. It's an intent which is derived from issues publicly harbored by many more then just those participating in the various lawsuits and who know s how many who keep their thoughts private for fear of retaliation. Critique of the business enacted by the UFC, Dana included, is explicitly germane to the greater topic at hand because again, it is the reason the topic exists to begin with. For years before this topic was even made, grievances have been aired regarding the UFCs practices. I've seen many adequate points, arguments and examples be brought from both sides of the table on an array of ancillary subjects relevant to the greater discussion.

Post #121   5/22/15 1:56:08PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,747-1,540
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
NEW

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by FlashyG

Then again I don't think you really care about the lawsuit at all, other than as a topic where you can freely bang your "I hate the UFC" drum.

Unless you can counter the merits of holding such an opinion after being presented with an array of reasons to justify holding it from the source, then what is this post really?

I care about the this topic as much as the person who started it. There is a reason this thread even exists, it has everything to do with the job the UFC is doing with their products. In particular the one product everyone here should, I hope, care about more then the UFC, the fighters who actually preform and put on the show we all watch. This entire discussion exists because UFC has demonstrated they are not great business partners for the fighters, a statement that seems to be reinforced weekly through their actions and the difficulties verbalized from people subject to their nefarious ways as a tradeoff for being a good fighter in this sport.

The reason this thread exists is because a few disgruntled fighters filed a lawsuit that has very little chance of winning.

Outside of the OP, and a few links he's provided FKA hasn't had any posts about the merits of the lawsuit.

He's spent the majority of it bashing Dana, wishing his death and making erroneous claims about the UFC's past based on forum posts from another messageboard not on any cited material.

There have been countless posts edited and deleted, and countless attempts to steer the conversation back to the lawsuit, but every time someone tries the same poster ends up steering it in all sorts of other directions mostly with variations of why he thinks Bellator is better than the UFC.

You cannot identify the players with out acknowledgment of the origin of their intent on the matter. It's an intent which is derived from issues publicly harbored by many more then just those participating in the various lawsuits and who know s how many who keep their thoughts private for fear of retaliation. Critique of the business enacted by the UFC, Dana included, is explicitly germane to the greater topic at hand because again, it is the reason the topic exists to begin with. For years before this topic was even made, grievances have been aired regarding the UFCs practices. I've seen many adequate points, arguments and examples be brought from both sides of the table on an array of ancillary subjects relevant to the greater discussion.

Explain to me how wishing to "toast marshmallows on the flaming carcass of Dana White" has any relevance to the topic of the Lawsuit against the UFC and maybe you will have a leg to stand on.

Post #122   5/22/15 2:33:44PM   

GDPofMPG

Fighters>Promoters

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:
NEW
I don't technically think it does, to me it is more a colorful conveyance regarding the source of so many MMA fans frustration on this topic. I also don't think any answer I provide to such a question reasonably or rationally determines my leg to stand on or that single cherry picked quotes paint the entire picture of the the point you'd like to make regarding the greater conversation at hand.

Post #123   5/22/15 2:57:56PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,747-1,540
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
NEW

Posted by GDPofMPG

I don't technically think it does, to me it is more a colorful conveyance regarding the source of so many MMA fans frustration on this topic. I also don't think any answer I provide to such a question reasonably or rationally determines my leg to stand on or that single cherry picked quotes paint the entire picture of the the point you'd like to make regarding the greater conversation at hand.

My point is and was, that FKA has not shown any interest in discussing or debating the lawsuit. He's instead started this thread so he could take further pot shots at the UFC, Dana White and Zuffa.

You came to the defence of your teammate and seem to think that his posts in this thread are acceptable and on topic.

I simply asked you to explain the relevance of the quote I provided to the topic at hand.

If you'd like to further discuss this feel free to PM me, but we've veered far away from the topic ourselves now and its probably best to leave this thread until further developments happen with the lawsuit.

Post #124   5/22/15 3:16:45PM   

GDPofMPG

Fighters>Promoters

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:
NEW

Posted by machodog76

The UFC got screwed because it was supposed to be a fighter exchange, and Pride never came through on their end (as I remember it at the time); not because Chuck lost.

Today is the first time I've heard this.

My knowledge of the situation if I recall was, a not bald, Dana White expressing in a few interviews that UFC was the best, had the best fighters, and Pride did not (a habit he couldn't even shake after the ferrtitats bought Pride) etc.,. He put his ego out there and trotted who he thought was his best fighter out there and made some giant bets that his one UFC fighter would win their GP by beating Wanderlei Silva in particular. He had failed and dana looked like, well he looked like Dana and was muy bitter.

I don't remember the fighter exchange part at all, only Dana's ego being royally humbled. I'd love to see the story behind a fighter exchange though.

Post #125   5/22/15 3:31:42PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:3,113-1,942
Chips:
NEW
I'll try to find it, I remember that the UFC was supposed to get Arona or Shogun for a UFC card (again this is from my memory so I could be totally wrong on this one.). I remember a video interview with Dana where he said he said as much. I'll try and google search something to verify though.

"It would be another four years before Chuck Liddell would meet Wanderlei Silva, though it almost happened a year earlier. At UFC 61, Dana White brought both fighters into the cage for a staredown after he announced that Liddell would meet Silva should Liddell defend his light heavyweight title in a rematch against Renato Sobral. Negotiations between Pride and the UFC broke down, however, and it the two didn't meet until December of 2007 after Zuffa purchased Pride earlier in the year." (From Bloody elbow)

I think this is what I'm remembering. They announced the fight at UFC 61 between Wanderlei and chuck. Wand came out with his Pride shirt on and announced that he wanted to, "Fuck Chuck". I think according to Dana this was sort of a handshake agreement with Nobuyuki Sakakibara. Dana felt shafted at the time but who knows for sure; we all know how he likes to redact history to serve his version of it.

Last edited 5/22/15 3:57PM server time by machodog76
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #126   5/22/15 3:45:34PM   

GDPofMPG

Fighters>Promoters

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:
NEW

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by GDPofMPG

My point is and was, that FKA has not shown any interest in discussing or debating the lawsuit. He's instead started this thread so he could take further pot shots at the UFC, Dana White and Zuffa.

You came to the defence of your teammate and seem to think that his posts in this thread are acceptable and on topic.

I simply asked you to explain the relevance of the quote I provided to the topic at hand.

If you'd like to further discuss this feel free to PM me, but we've veered far away from the topic ourselves now and its probably best to leave this thread until further developments happen with the lawsuit.

FKA doesn't care? I care because the guy has the same team name? What we are all talking about needs to be suppressed?

I guess it's at your discretion, right?

Last edited 5/22/15 4:08PM server time by gdpofmpg

Post #127   5/22/15 3:49:54PM   

GDPofMPG

Fighters>Promoters

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:
NEW

Posted by machodog76

I'll try to find it, I remember that the UFC was supposed to get Arona or Shogun for a UFC card (again this is from my memory so I could be totally wrong on this one.). I remember a video interview with Dana where he said he said as much. I'll try and google search something to verify though.

I remember him talking about trying to get Sakuraba back into the UFC for some fights, but I don't know if it was before or after the Liddell Jackson fight. I think he had said he wanted to do his own type of Gracie vs Sakuraba type thing. Also hard to imagine Sakuraba going back there considering the way White talks about Pride in general and how he was revered in Pride. But I'm not certain about the exchange. If that did happen then UFC got stung. I think Dana bet the Pride President like 100K that Chuck would win though. I believe Dana screwed himself most of all though running his mouth and making big bets with the Japanese. If there was an exchange deal I could even imagine White being the one to pull the plug on it, humility is not a strong suit for him in my opinion and I doubt he could take it if someone from Pride did come over and was successful. I Don;t know though.

Last edited 5/22/15 4:08PM server time by gdpofmpg
2 total post edits

Post #128   5/22/15 3:52:33PM   

Page 9 of 9   <<   6     7     8     9