Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fights to Make After UFC 177

Print  
Posted By Message

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,394-794
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
NEW
Fun fights yesterday despite it being a completely written off card. Although there aren't really any big names for fights to make, there were a lot of prospects who won yesterday that gets me excited to see where they go next.

TJ Dillashaw - Cruz/Mizugaki winner or Caraway/Assuncao winner
You'd have to think if Cruz or Assuncao win their next fights then they'll be next in line. And if they both win it's really a tough call since each has a solid case to make as to why they should be next. If both do win and don't get any injuries I would personally like to see Cruz get the shot. If he has an impressive performance I think it would definitely be the call and a more intriguing match up I feel. I see TJ's next title defense happening early 2015, likely February.
Joe Soto - Chico Camus or Dustin Kimura
Despite losing he definitely showed he belongs in the UFC. Mad props to him for stepping up and saving the event. Looking forward to see what he looks like in his next fight, which will be a better measuring stick as to where he fits in the division.

Tony Ferguson - Chiesa/Lauzon winner or Parke/Sanchez winner
Danny Castillo - Gomi/Jury loser or Evan Dunham

Bethe Correia - Sarah Kaufman or Tate/Nakai winner
Bethe definitely has some skills but I haven't really seen much from her to make me think she's a threat to Rousey. Her TDD isn't great and I feel like she would get subbed fairly quickly. Either of these fights who be a better next step up for her imo. She talks a lot of trash but I'd like to see her take on a top 10 opponent before her next "horsewoman"
Shayna Baszler - Germaine De Randamie or Lauren Murphy

Carlos Diego Ferreira - Adriano Martins or Alan Patrick
Ramsey Nijem - Justin Salas

Yancy Medeiros - Beneil Dariush or Escudero/Santos winner
Damon Jackson - Mike De La Torre or Alex White

Derek Brunson - Uriah Hall or Cezar Ferreira
Lorenz Larkin - Cut

Anthony Hamilton - Shawn Jordan or Ruslan Magomedov
Ruan Potts - Cut

Chris Wade - Nick Hein or Joe Ellenberger
Cain Carrizosa - Juan Manuel Puig or Akbarh Arreola

Let me know what you guys think and who you'd rather see as a next step for these guys!

Post #1   8/31/14 10:54:30PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,630
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
NEW
I unfortunately think Bayzler should be cut as well...

Post #2   9/1/14 1:49:08AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,491-903
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
NEW

Posted by jae_1833

I unfortunately think Bayzler should be cut as well...

Great matches though, Davies! I was just talking with a buddy after the event about how Ferguson-Chiesa would be a good match, provided he beats Lauzon. The Parke/Sanchez fight is between two TUF winners, so either one of them vs Ferguson is another TUF winner vs TUF winner fight, which is always fun

Last edited 9/1/14 6:01AM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   9/1/14 5:57:22AM