Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Next big upset

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,583-1,357
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

As far as champions go, most likely to lose in the near future looks like this for me today:

Pettis - Most Likely
Dillashaw
Hendricks
Jones
Johnson
Aldo
Weidman
Rousey
Cain - Least Likely

Cannot comment on how big of an upset their losses would be. Melendes beating Pettis won't be an upset, Dillashaw losing to anyone won't turn heads. Same for Hendricks. It won't be a big surprise to see DC or Gus defeat Jones. Aldo, Weidman and Johnson losing to any opponent would be an upset though they are all beatable. Cain and Rousey losing anytime soon would be monumental upsets of significance.

Why would Weidman losing be an upset, he was a slight favorite in his last fight

Post #16   7/16/14 4:12:28PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,316-1,241
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
NEW
It could happen, I stupidly picked Browne over Werdum going against my better judgement. Werdum has been extremely underrated for years, even after beating Fedor he still doesn't get the respect he deserves. That being said, I love Cain and his style. He's an absolute monster and has the cardio of a flyweight or bantamweight, the way he's able to move around for 5 rounds and wrestle guys around if he has to if something else. Werdum I believe stands a better shot than someone like JDS because he can finish with strikes or via submission where as with JDS, Cain really only had to worry about the fight when it was on the feet. I think Cain would be smart to grind Werdum out, put him up against the cage and beat him up there, take him down and ground nd pound him and eventually he's going to break. Werdum has good cardio but not if you pressure him with take downs and ground control which I know Cain will do, he just needs to be wary of the subs. Werdum also poses a tough test on the feet as his boxing has been improving on a fight by fight basis or so it seems. I have Cain via UD but I think Werdum could play the spoiler if given the opportunity.

Post #17   7/22/14 1:22:43AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2