Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fight Camp Weight Classes (Poll)

Print  
Fight Camp Weight Classes?
Keep it the same 23 44%
Change it up 29 56%
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,338-1,248
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by traveller77

Great line LooseCannon but increasing camp size requirements wont change much IMO. We lost a few players late last season so I think we started the season at 22 players so our low current count is very recent. The fact is we have a recruiting advantage with how often we win. We added one of the best pick %age guys in the league and the top all time $ winner. I've been with the team since season 14 and almost everyone on the team has been around the top at some point, so simply put, we have a team of killers without any weak players dragging us down, and no shortage of top players wanting to join. You guys just need to up your game like you did last season, changing the rules wont stop us.

Yes it will and if it were given a shot, we would be able to prove it. Or you could just use some logic and look at how often different teams were winning before the camp sizes were changed. Like I said, when I ran Valcom before the camp sizes were changed we went 2-2 against the almighty Tuvok and CPT, only when the sizes changed to allow less max players did CPT start winning season after season. Look, I give you guys credit, you have a good team but please have some humility. There are strategies that are used by certain camps that are beneficial and we're just trying to even out the game and make it more fun for incoming players.

Nobody wants to compete if the same team wins season after season. I understand certain teams are hesitant to change because they are doing so well the way things are, but change is good. The HW division should be held to a higher standard and if teams don't want to add the 4-5 more players to stay in the division then they can compete in the other class.

Last edited 7/20/14 4:10AM server time by xdanish020
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #46   7/20/14 4:08:50AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,363
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by LooseCannon

You don't have to do anything, but if you want to stay a HW you're gonna have to put on some weight & it might not all be muscle at first.

It's funny he doesn't seem to get that he has an option here, if it were to happen. Nothing is forced and I'm not sure why it's being assumed that if players did have to be added, that they are going to be sub-standard players?

Where are these great players in need of camps, lets look around. Oh wait there aren't any. You also have an option if there is a camp max as well

Post #47   7/20/14 2:07:03PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,338-1,248
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by LooseCannon

You don't have to do anything, but if you want to stay a HW you're gonna have to put on some weight & it might not all be muscle at first.

It's funny he doesn't seem to get that he has an option here, if it were to happen. Nothing is forced and I'm not sure why it's being assumed that if players did have to be added, that they are going to be sub-standard players?

Where are these great players in need of camps, lets look around. Oh wait there aren't any. You also have an option if there is a camp max as well

Good players join the site and leave camps, it wasn't that hard for me to find people when I ran Valcom. Like I said, I understand the teams that are at the min are going to be resistant to this change, but I think over time it would prove to be a much more competitive division if the minimum number of members was moved up to 25 instead of 18. It really is for the better of the game and the website. That is, unless you want to see the same team win season after season.

Last edited 7/22/14 12:41AM server time by xdanish020

Post #48   7/22/14 12:39:30AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:804-509
Chips:
moar!

Last edited 7/22/14 11:03AM server time by jakewalters

Post #49   7/22/14 11:02:56AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,363
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by LooseCannon

Good players join the site and leave camps, it wasn't that hard for me to find people when I ran Valcom. Like I said, I understand the teams that are at the min are going to be resistant to this change, but I think over time it would prove to be a much more competitive division if the minimum number of members was moved up to 25 instead of 18. It really is for the better of the game and the website. That is, unless you want to see the same team win season after season.

Wasnt CPT in last, last season, second place this season? And again its not going to make that much of a difference adding 4 people to the camp, so why not cut the teams down to make more, and have a camp max. Also you may have noticed the amount of members have lowered every single season, so when you ran Valcom seasons ago has no relevance to now.

Post #50   7/22/14 11:50:40AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4